[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

cybutek

2 minutes ago, hab136 said:

Note that if you're using the GITHUB releases integration that's available to use, it will only notify of updates when the remote version and a release using that version tag match.  This is to stop users from receiving update notifications whenever you push a new version file before a release is actually ready

I see it now, thanks for pointing it out.

Hmmm.... Am I correct in assuming this, and the other methods you mentioned, are the reason why a user editing THEIR copy of the version file, SOMETIMES, over-rides AVC's update notification.... But in other cases, has NO effect whatsoever?

• 3 weeks later...

As always, Thanx for the update, @cybutek :)

I have a question tho...
On my KSP 1.1.3 install, I have a mod that is being flagged as being outdated, and that there is an update available...
Now, the mod is the correct, latest version for 1.1.3, but DOES have one update released for 1.2, which is the one AVC is flagging for the update...
I've double checked everything, and the packed version file seems correct...

So I'm just wondering if its standard for KSP-AVC to flag mods for updates, even though the CURRENTLY installed mod version IS correct for the CURRENTLY installed vers of KSP.... Only becuase theres a newer version of the mod, for a HIGHER version of KSP... ??
Or IS it something with the mods' version file...or at least on the mods' side?

And as an example, its the ABCORS mod

Spoiler

[Exception 02:09:49.0776106]: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Got this error, sadly i accidentally deleted the log files,  will post them tomorrow, i think this occurs regularly when i start KSP

6 hours ago, dtoxic said:
  Hide contents

[Exception 02:09:49.0776106]: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Got this error, sadly i accidentally deleted the log files,  will post them tomorrow, i think this occurs regularly when i start KSP

Can confirm. Logs are here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69160140/KSP.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69160140/output_log.txt

On 10/17/2016 at 10:41 PM, Stone Blue said:

So I'm just wondering if its standard for KSP-AVC to flag mods for updates, even though the CURRENTLY installed mod version IS correct for the CURRENTLY installed vers of KSP.... Only becuase theres a newer version of the mod, for a HIGHER version of KSP... ??
Or IS it something with the mods' version file...or at least on the mods' side?

Sounds like a bug, but at the same time if you're running an older version of KSP you should probably just disable AVC until you upgrade.  Nobody's going to release updated mods for 1.1.3 :)

Is there a step by step guide of how to add Mini-AVC to your mod? I know how to get the local version checking to work but how do you make it so that it can check with a 'master' .version file and tell the player if the mod is outdated?

On 10/26/2016 at 9:45 AM, Benji13 said:

Is there a step by step guide of how to add Mini-AVC to your mod? I know how to get the local version checking to work but how do you make it so that it can check with a 'master' .version file and tell the player if the mod is outdated?

You put the master file somewhere online (such as in github or http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/?page=Home ) then then reference that URL in your .version file.

Docs: http://ksp.cybutek.net/miniavc/Documents/

I see modders having to put out new versions with every update sometimes just to change the version number it works with to make AVC happy.  Would it be possible to change the version compatibility to a range so when KSP gets updated, the modder can just change the file that gets checked for updates to say that the mod still works? That would save on people having to redownload mods saving time and bandwidth for both users and modders. The range part could be an optional number so as not to break older versions.

9 minutes ago, Vorg said:

I see modders having to put out new versions with every update sometimes just to change the version number it works with to make AVC happy.  Would it be possible to change the version compatibility to a range so when KSP gets updated, the modder can just change the file that gets checked for updates to say that the mod still works? That would save on people having to redownload mods saving time and bandwidth for both users and modders. The range part could be an optional number so as not to break older versions.

I think that this is already in place.

12 hours ago, BruceKnowles said:

Heads up.... 

Undesired feature detected with KSP-AVC 1.1.6.2 and KSP 1.2.1!

For both x86 and x64 and using command line option -force-opengl triggers a program crash during start up. This occurs when it is the only mod loaded.

1st off, KSP-AVC "officially" doesnt support 1.2.1 right now... So right off the bat, you should expect weirdness when installing older mod versions into unsupported KSP game versions.

However, I was unable to reproduce the issue, at least with 64bit.... Current KSP-AVC version seems to work ok with 1.2.1, but I'll leave that for someone who knows better, to confirm...

Also, when posting an issue, especially a totally game breaking issue, on mod thread, you should always include links to your KSP & output logs.

Have you had success by NOT forcing OpenGL?...

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

1st off, KSP-AVC "officially" doesnt support 1.2.1 right now... So right off the bat, you should expect weirdness when installing older mod versions into unsupported KSP game versions.

However, I was unable to reproduce the issue, at least with 64bit.... Current KSP-AVC version seems to work ok with 1.2.1, but I'll leave that for someone who knows better, to confirm...

Also, when posting an issue, especially a totally game breaking issue, on mod thread, you should always include links to your KSP & output logs.

Have you had success by NOT forcing OpenGL?...

1. Yep, KSP-AVC works just fine when OpenGL is not forced active.

2.As my text says, this is a notification to the developer to draw his attention to the fact. Having read the code, there is no immediately obvious reason why it fails with OpenGL activated.

Have a nice day!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I must have messed up something with my version file because I am not getting any notification if I load an old version of my mod.

if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful :)

here's my version file

there is a release with 1.6.1 but if I load a game with 1.6.0 I get no notifications

derp, I think I see what's wrong >.<

nope, it still doesn't work. I have no idea what the issue is

@cybutek do you see something I don't ? :S

edit:

hmmm now it's working. but I didn't change anything, weird.

does it take a bit for KSP-AVC to update somehow? I thought it was instant

Edited by Sigma88

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @cybutek first thanks you for your very, very, useful mod. I have a feature request : some mods which bundle a .version file has theirs URL fields wrongly written so AVC can't check for a remote .version and only check the local one against the KSP version. Would it be possible to have a indication when AVC can't access a remote .version for a given mod ? Maybe write the mod's name in red in the "show all mods" AVC 's window ?

Ps : I know I can look at the "GameData/KSP-AVC/KSP-AVC.log" and searching for mod which hasn't the line "Identical remote version found: ...." but it will be way more convenient (in my opinion) to have it display directly in game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.