[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

cybutek

Please note that I've adopted this, move all discussion here:

On 4/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, Lisias said:

Hi.

This is to advise that I just opened this issue on GitHub.

You need to indicate which mod has the MiniAVC, since I'm not supporting the older version.  And open an issue on the new Github repo if it's still a problem

Good to know. 

I can delete all present versions of MiniAVC, leaving just yours on the GameData roots? This will solve this and any other problem in the older versions.

One of the MODs were Endurance, other I forgot (I stomped on that EVAEnhancements thing in the middle of the process).

Edited by Lisias

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer Continuing discussion from the B9PartSwitch thread.

What I want to be able to do is have AVC be able to figure out what the most recent mod version for your particular KSP version is, not the most recent overeall.  I looked at the code and I see 3 possible solutions:

1. Allow the remote .version file to contain an array of metadatas.  If it's an array then it will choose the highest version that is compatible with your KSP version.
  2. Use Github releases.  Scan the title (and maybe description) of each release for something like "KSP x.x.x" and if it exists, assume that release is only compatible with that KSP version.  I put the KSP version in every release title so this would work for me.  It looks to me like the Github code will only run if there's also a remote .version file so that might have to be fixed up.
  3. Use Github releases.  Look for a .version file artifact in each release and if it exists download it and parse it for the KSP version.  This could potentially be slow if there are a lot of releases, might have to test some.  And the same part about the Github code not running without a remote .version file applies here too.

Do any of these sound reasonable to you?

42 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not everyone uses Guthub, so 2 and 3 are out.

1 is a possibility, I need to look at the code.  It's a bit convoluted, so will  take a little time 

To clarify, 2 and 3 wouldn't require there to be info on Github, just to use it if it's there.

And also I forgot to mention I didn't expect you to implement any of this.  I can do it and submit a PR.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

What I want to be able to do is have AVC be able to figure out what the most recent mod version for your particular KSP version is, not the most recent overeall.  I looked at the code and I see 3 possible solutions:

1. Allow the remote .version file to contain an array of metadatas.  If it's an array then it will choose the highest version that is compatible with your KSP version.

Do any of these sound reasonable to you?

This one sounds like the best solution, if the code allows it.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

To clarify, 2 and 3 wouldn't require there to be info on Github, just to use it if it's there.

And also I forgot to mention I didn't expect you to implement any of this.  I can do it and submit a PR.

I understand about 2 & 3, but would rather not add that sort of open-ended stuff.  AVC was designed to work with .version files, I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Extending the .version functionality seems like the best for me, and, whatever PR you do, will be gratefully accepted.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I understand about 2 & 3, but would rather not add that sort of open-ended stuff.  AVC was designed to work with .version files, I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Extending the .version functionality seems like the best for me, and, whatever PR you do, will be gratefully accepted.

Makes sense.  I'll look at implementing this.  I think it should be pretty simple - if the root JSON element is an object, parse a single version, and if it's an array of objects, parse each one as a version and choose the highest one that's compatible with your KSP version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive been trying to find this out for a bit now. Maybe my searching powers are less than stellar. MiniAVC has Kopernicus in red or orange letters. Why is it like that? I have some in yellow and I know why they are. They are not for 1.5.1-1 but Kopernicus is I thought, up to date. I assume there is some sort of problem but I cant seem to find any info about it. So I assume that the orange/red letters are bad. Still looking around though trying to figure out why.

Edited by Kevin Kyle

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tonimark said:

the addon doesn't work with the 1.7.3 ksp versions after a while everything dissapears 

i need it to update my mods

AVC is supposed to stop running and closing all windows after leaving the mainmenu (by loading a save game or one of the tutorial scenarios). And, of course, when you click on the ok button to close it.

If AVC stops running for you at any other time, you should upload a log file.

10 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

AVC is supposed to stop running and closing all windows after leaving the mainmenu (by loading a save game or one of the tutorial scenarios). And, of course, when you click on the ok button to close it.

If AVC stops running for you at any other time, you should upload a log file.

it happens during initializing , the game starts normally and avc-addon check for updates but after a moment everything (inculding the top-left window) dissapears and a tiny grey square qppears on the bottom-right (almsost unoticable) would like some screenshots ?!

20 minutes ago, tonimark said:

it happens during initializing , the game starts normally and avc-addon check for updates but after a moment everything (inculding the top-left window) dissapears and a tiny grey square qppears on the bottom-right (almsost unoticable) would like some screenshots ?!

Sounds like something went wrong there and the tiny square you have noticed is probably the "issue window" which should list incompatible mods and those which have an update available.

A screenshot wouldn't help but the log file ;) and if you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest to reinstall AVC.

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Sounds like something went wrong there and the tiny square you have noticed is probably the "issue window" which should list incompatible mods and those which have an update available.

A screenshot wouldn't help but the log file ;) and if you haven't tried it yet, I would suggest to reinstall AVC.

i have reinstalled avc , still no luck it still gets the error but here is the log:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nzup5zzjk5jeztk/AADf71Jb88xPLVFApRjNg0PSa?dl=0

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

i have reinstalled avc , still no luck it still gets the error but here is the log:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nzup5zzjk5jeztk/AADf71Jb88xPLVFApRjNg0PSa?dl=0

Yep, I know what's going on: i thought you just posted in the old thread but you iactually nstalled the old version of avc instead of the new one by lgg:

This one should work fine :)

11 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yep, I know what's going on: i thought you just posted in the old thread but you iactually nstalled the old version of avc instead of the new one by lgg:

This one should work fine :)

sorry i didn't knew about the new versions

• 2 months later...

I never used this mod before. For now I have 12 MiniAVC.dll files in in Gamedata. They are from from my 93 mod folders I guess. What shall I do, to improve this?

1) delete 11 of those 12 dlls? The remaining one will check for all updates correctly?

2) Install this mod here and everything might become better and less messed up?

3) Do nothing, because 12 dll do not worsen loading times or performance in any way?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.