cybutek

[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

I have some possible noob questions. If we edit the version file with the url address we click on to actually start a download. Would clicking download on the ingame gui essentially initiate the download? I.e. id just have to close browser after download and open download directory? I know...its just 1 extra button click lol.

2nd Q:

Its my understanding that miniavc is disabled when a full release is found, almost. Is either variation faster at what it does? And if i have full avc installed. Would deleting the miniavc.dll files in all mod bundles increase loading preformance? Or vise versa?(all mods have miniavc with no full release installed?) id like to solely use one or the other if possible.

Edited by Jesusthebird
Im dumb

On 10/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, cybutek said:

Sorry for not being around. I've been very busy lately with IRL stuff.

The original reason why a "built for" ksp version is required if min/max is used was due to how the user interface makes use of this value. I have looked over the pull request but would rather the fix be in the "IsCompatibleVersion" property due to dependencies. This on its own will not be the complete fix though as it will only cascade the bug down into the user interface. I'm busy all weekend but should have some time on monday to sort this out.

@cybutek

I'm afraid this mod is going to fall into disfavor if this doesn't get fixed.

It's been 2 months without any action.  If you would like a fix done in a different manner, let me know.  Otherwise, please fix this.  It is not dependable anymore with tis bug.

Hi there,

Is there a way to close the AVC window while it's still checking mods? Mine is stuck on 34/37 and it's been there for a while, it gets a bit annoying to play when there's a menu in the middle of the screen.

On 10/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, cybutek said:

Sorry for not being around. I've been very busy lately with IRL stuff.

The original reason why a "built for" ksp version is required if min/max is used was due to how the user interface makes use of this value. I have looked over the pull request but would rather the fix be in the "IsCompatibleVersion" property due to dependencies. This on its own will not be the complete fix though as it will only cascade the bug down into the user interface. I'm busy all weekend but should have some time on monday to sort this out.

I am very reluctant to fork this mod, however, a known bug which is remaining unpatched for more than 3 months is extremely concerning.

Are you planning on fixing this, and if so, when?