[1.3 & 1.2] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin 1.1.6.2 - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC Online (2016-10-13)

cybutek

I get the following error with 35 mods installed. It becomes stuck at 34/35 mods during the loading screen.

[Exception 12:14:53.0153361]: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, Boolean alwaysShowHorizontal, Boolean alwaysShowVertical, UnityEngine.GUIStyle horizontalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle verticalScrollbar, UnityEngine.GUIStyle background, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginScrollView (Vector2 scrollPosition, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonBoxStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.DrawAddonList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

My KSP-AVC.log is spamed with NullReferenceExceptions after this entry:

[Text 19:42:49.6514712]: Identical remote version found: Using remote version information only.
[Text 19:42:49.6514712]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BobPalmer/Regolith/master/GameData/Regolith/Regolith.version
NAME: Regolith
URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BobPalmer/Regolith/master/GameData/Regolith/Regolith.version
DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/BobPalmer/Regolith/releases
GITHUB: BobPalmer/Regolith
LatestRelease: 0.1.2
AllowPreRelease: False
VERSION: 0.1.2
KSP_VERSION: 0.90
KSP_VERSION_MIN: 0.90
KSP_VERSION_MAX: 0.90
CompatibleKspVersion: True
CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

[Text 19:42:50.1725010]: IssueGui was created.
[Text 19:42:50.1745011]: Starter was destroyed.
[Text 19:42:50.2995083]: CheckerProgressGui was destroyed.
[Exception 19:44:03.1236736]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KSP_AVC.VersionInfo.CompareTo (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_AVC.VersionInfo.op_GreaterThan (KSP_AVC.VersionInfo v1, KSP_AVC.VersionInfo v2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_AVC.Addon.get_IsUpdateAvailable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_AVC.IssueGui.<Window>b__b (KSP_AVC.Addon a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[Addon] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSP_AVC.IssueGui.Window (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After new KSP start all is normal again... strange.

Edited by Kolago

Any chance we could have the "checking x of x" box *not* hang around in the center of the screen after the game has loaded?

My 'net was having issues today & I had a good 30s wait in the VAB for KSP-AVC to get out of my face...

I began having this issue today. It's never happened before. Not sure what might cause it to do that?

Getting this error:

KSP-AVC -> System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException : Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSP-AVC\Textures\DropDownHover.png".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP_AVC.DropDownList.GetTexture (System.String file, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas what's causing this?

I have AVC reporting itself during game load as built to work with .25 only......anyone see this behaviour?

I just started seeing this myself a few minutes ago. Played as recently as 8 hours ago and this warning was not popping up. Re-installing 1.1.5 did not help.

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Yesterday things were fine. Today I got the same message.

None of my mods were updated between the previous time I started the game and this time.

Did Steam push an update/upgrade through without us noticing?

OooooooKaaay...

I launched the game multiple times yesterday and got the "built to work with .25" message every time.

I even checked the "show add-ons" popup and it had KSP-AVC Plugin highlighted in yellow.

This morning I launched the game and didn't get the warning.

Checked "show add-ons" and KSP-AVC Plugin is showing green.

So it fixed... itself???

Anybody have any idea what happened?

I have AVC reporting itself during game load as built to work with .25 only......anyone see this behaviour?

Yes, I've noticed this whenever I start KSP and have no network connection. I would assume the same thing happens when KSP-AVC tries to "phone home" and nobody answers (i.e. the site is down).

just wanted to let you know of a possible glitch/bug with concern to firespitter, I downloaded the unofficial patched .dll (7.0) for firespitter and installed it, but your mod keeps saying that mine is still at 6.3.5 instead of 7.0. I will double check to make sure that I am in fact using the right .dll, but wont be able to for a little bit (Will update this post when I check).

your mod keeps saying that mine is still at 6.3.5 instead of 7.0.

The version number comes from a .version file, not from the dll - they're two separate files. Unless you download an updated one, or change the file yourself, it will show the version number incorrectly. Well, I say incorrectly - it shows whatever version number is reported in the .version file. This may or may not be correct depending on how how old/new it and the dll are (as mentioned, they're not linked in any way).

The version number comes from a .version file, not from the dll - they're two separate files. Unless you download an updated one, or change the file yourself, it will show the version number incorrectly. Well, I say incorrectly - it shows whatever version number is reported in the .version file. This may or may not be correct depending on how how old/new it and the dll are (as mentioned, they're not linked in any way).

Ah okay, thanks for the info, I didn't realize that they where 2 separate files.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I tried to have a look and didn't find any restrictions, can I use this on my mod expansions? even if they are not properly mods.

And how would I notify AVC that a new version is out so that the users can be warned?

-edit-

nevermind, found the registration site

Edited by Sigma88

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

This was the second time your mod not working (from user's perspective) as it used to be.

And I wander if this is came from mod author's missconfiguration ro the newest version is buggy or something mistaken on my part?

The symphtomes are easy to describe: When this plugin notifies me recently I am not getting a download button just the notification and a close button.

I can remember a week ago With another mods this was working fine. Got the notification and the download button which opened the browser window right on target. Now is this function gone?

As I can remeber I didn't get the download button for tweakscale and right now I am not getting it with the realchute. Just the notification pops up.

Can it be misscnofiguration on my end? or mod authors should set up their products another way? or you just stopped this function in the newest AVC?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, been using this for a long time now (And is awesome) but I seem to have an odd issue. It worked in .90 just fine, 1.0 hits and nope. I've been going through and manually getting the new patched versions of things as they've hit, but this is odd. I believe it was said that the current version 1.1.5 was already viable with the release version of KSP. Log here. There are also miniAVC errors on various mods.... And a stack of other mods in general but that's not your fault.

[LOG 23:32:26.106] Load(Assembly): KSP-AVC/KSP-AVC[LOG 23:32:26.107] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSP-AVC\KSP-AVC.dll

[ERR 23:32:26.108] Failed to load assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSP-AVC\KSP-AVC.dll:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSP-AVC\KSP-AVC.dll" is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\

I think this is your issue.

This directory is protected like a King of world's castle by windows, you should install your game in another folder (ie. C:\Games\, or if using Steam go to parameters/Download/Steam folders -> add folder and create one on any drive root).

Hope this helps.

Ok. Totally willing to buy that Windows is at fault, but out of honest curiosity, why now? It's worked for.... a version or two now? I guess I'll have it toss my entire KSP folder into the other program files folder, unless I want to go crazy and actually put it on my secondary HDD.

Edit: Yup. Weird, but fixed.

Edited by SenaCat

This is because AVC only notifies of updates if the new version was built to run on the currently installed KSP version. Mod authors can trick AVC into allowing usage on older versions, whilst still displaying update information by changing the KSP_VERSION to 1.0.2 and adding a KSP_VERSION_MIN value if not currently present, then setting it to 1.0.1 (or whatever the minimum version the mod works on). These changes should be done on the remote version file, as this takes precedent whenever it's available.

The downside to this is that anyone running the older version of the mod will not get the update notification until they've updated their KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.