N-1. Soviet Heavy Booster (aka 11A52) (OLDD in USSR) v.0.235 (13.05.14)

DennyTX

You can make the N-11 already, it's the middle three N-1 stages with NK-15s (or NK-33s) instead of NK-15Vs in the first stage, plus the top half of N1 shroud. I'll check how viable this configuration is, but Block G should take a payload on top of it just fine.

Now, N-111 is a different beast. It used 12 NK-19 engines (it'd take a new heatshield and a little node reconfiguration to allow this) with smaller nozzles, Block G with a solid shroud connecting it to the lower stage (would require a new shroud) and an R-9 upper stage, which would have to be made from scratch (it's similar to Soyuz 3rd stage, though). It's fairing resembled that of Vostok.

Well, it's not done yet. You can use BobCat's, but I'm not sure if it still works. It probably does, though. You can fly it with a dummy payload (just like the real thing), or design your own.

Are you lanning on doing a complete "Soviet Pack"?

i thought about. If i'll see good community's interest to my parts, i'll do. But OLDD produce overdetailed models, and pack will be heavy enough i guess.

btw, vostok-molnya-soyuz family rockets are near completion, cosmos and dnepr -too (rockets modelling is easy enuff) only textures remained. as well as OLDD versions of voskok-soyuz-LOK-LK and chinas Shenzhou with interior and its launcher. also some probes like Sputnik, LUNA-9, Surveyor, Venera, Phobos has been modelled too. And my longbuilbing project - Skylab... and still unfinished LRV and LLRV. Sometimes i do not have enuff mana to work, but sometimes i can model 20 hours a day ;)

i thought about. If i'll see good community's interest to my parts, i'll do. But OLDD produce overdetailed models, and pack will be heavy enough i guess.

btw, vostok-molnya-soyuz family rockets are near completion, cosmos and dnepr -too (rockets modelling is easy enuff) only textures remained. as well as OLDD versions of voskok-soyuz-LOK-LK and chinas Shenzhou with interior and its launcher. also some probes like Sputnik, LUNA-9, Surveyor, Venera, Phobos has been modelled too. And my longbuilbing project - Skylab... and still unfinished LRV and LLRV. Sometimes i do not have enuff mana to work, but sometimes i can model 20 hours a day ;)

Well whatever you are doing keep it up. I won't speak for everyone but I certainly do value your hard work. If your WIPs are anything like what you have done we are in for a big surprise.

Holy smokes. Do you have a job, and if yes, what is it. Dang. I can't wait till all this is finished. Now that might take a year or so, but heck, dis gon be good.

Holy smokes. Do you have a job, and if yes, what is it. Dang. I can't wait till all this is finished. Now that might take a year or so, but heck, dis gon be good.

hehe. nope... i'm old for job ;) loafer and a drunkard ;)

btw, vostok-molnya-soyuz family rockets are near completion, cosmos and dnepr -too (rockets modelling is easy enuff) only textures remained.

Wow, awesome! :) A few questions, though:

1. Early Soviet enignes had no gimballing, instead they used small vernier motors for steering. Are those separated so they can work properly? Vostok 3rd stage has two (they stick out of the side of the stage), each Soyuz booster has two and the core has 4, all independently gimballed.

2. Molniya upper stage had four small ullage motors. They're mounted on the truss adapter between it and the 3rd stage. From what I've gathered, it's somewhat similar to Saturn V dual-plane separation (the truss separates first using ullage motors, then separates after engine ignition).

Block-L_11.jpg

In this picture you can see three, they look like a can with a nozzle attached. First ullage rockets ever flown, too. :)

3. Are you making Ikar and Fregat, too? Ikar looks a bit like the Soyuz SM.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaHWtczHOXureQiLVFUExStAgjDT9XOMBpGs0xZu_xzW7n5aEi

I am looking forward to all of them but I think I am looking forward to the Shenzhou the most, I don't think anyone one has really taken a crack at it yet. Atleast I can't find a good China mod.

Nice Fregat. One RCS nozzle is missing (it had full 3-axis control, IIRC), but overall looks almost perfect. Can't wait for textures.

I am looking forward to all of them but I think I am looking forward to the Shenzhou the most, I don't think anyone one has really taken a crack at it yet. Atleast I can't find a good China mod.

Check out the HGR thread. That includes a Soyuz like pod (with the orbital module) which rather looks like the Shenzhou.

Check out the HGR thread. That includes a Soyuz like pod (with the orbital module) which rather looks like the Shenzhou.

I have, HGR is very good all around MOD but that's more of a "stocklike" and based on the models in the past Denny's will be an exact replica. And like I said no one has really made a full Chinese rocket.

Edited by sp1989

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!!!

What about the Apollo CM interior?

(i know this thread not the right place for this question,but i take the opportunity from the excellent interiors what i see)

Awesome!!!

What about the Apollo CM interior?

(i know this thread not the right place for this question,but i take the opportunity from the excellent interiors what i see)

awaiting second reputation line and it will be published soon ;) (joke)

seriously - working for RPM stuff for APOLLO CM

awaiting second reputation line and it will be published soon ;) (joke)

seriously - working for RPM stuff for APOLLO CM

Nice news,thanks from your time!

From me you have reputation (seriously) ;)