Life support question

Sorry if this has been asked but what is the deal with the life support system? I just want to fly without having to worry about enough food, oxygen, CO2 issues, etc. Is there a way to turn it off? I'm thinking I haven't really seen this until I downloaded a mod and now it's on anything I launch.

what mod did you install? if you have TAC life support (thunder Aerospace Corporation in GameData) it has a convenient build helper so you can provide enough life support (via the included parts) to survive the mission.

Out of curiosity, how did you get in the situation that you had a mod installed giving you a major game feature (life support) without realising it?

Did you just install a bunch of mods without looking at what they did? Or did someone else install those mods for you?

I hope it doesn't sound rude, I don't mean it to. I am actually curious how this happened.

if you have flights with parts from TAC Liftsupport mode (Hex Cans, water/food/air discs, or CO2 Scrubbers etc), those flights will be deleted after you uninstall the mod.

You can disable the mod on a per-save basis by clicking on the TAC Life Support icon on the Toolbar while you are at the KSC overview, you can disable or reduce life support consumption. If that doesn't work, you can disable the mod by editing the persistent save file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.