How cool is Chris Hadfield? Today is the last chance to see, ever?

Aethon

You tube. 5 minutes.

Contains: Astronaut Chris Hadfield, Music in space ( I wonder what mod they use to make the clouds on Kerb..er, Earth look so fabulous? ), Coolness, AND hardware assisted, litho-braking.

David Bowie allowed this video to be on YouTube for one year. Today is the last day. See it while you can.

Has it been a year already? Incredible.

Can't believe YT is taking it down. But you know how the internet handles this stuff. Do you remember that picture of Beyoncé they removed from the internet?

EDIT:

1360326956_0.jpg

Edited by astropapi1

Has it been a year already? Incredible.

Can't believe YT is taking it down. But you know how the internet handles this stuff. Do you remember that picture of Beyoncé they removed from the internet?

Well, Google shows just how good of a job they did of that..... Really though the fact this is being taken down is pretty sad. At least it will likely always lurk somewhere on the internet

Yeah. Taking it down is almost a crime. It is and should be an enduring part of recorded human history. If in a thousand years, they can watch videos of our time, I hope it's stuff like that from which they take our measure and not most of the other CRAP that stays on youtube ... forever?

I can not believe they're going to remove it. What copyright rules are being breached here?

There are hundreds of thousands of videos where people record themselves while covering songs.

Whoever is doing this, do they really think you can delete something from the Web in 2014? What a bunch of tight ass twats!

NovaSilisko asked to provide a source for this info. It says in the latest post made by Hadfield on Google+ and is visible in the comment section of the clip.

Bowie's last day - we had permission for a year, so our Space Oddity video comes down today. One last look:

Stupid ffffffffffffffffffffffffffunctionless idiots... I wonder how many Bowie albums they sold as a direct result of this video being made? Certainly above zero.

I'd hope the public outcry as this gets more widely known will make both sides strike a new deal (ex. an indefinite one)

Edited by NovaSilisko

Well I downloaded it just now to keep, I'm putting it on my iPad and I'm going to walk around school all day and show what Google really is. They already scr**ed up with Android. Copying and plagiarism is not supported by me...

Stupid ffffffffffffffffffffffffffunctionless idiots... I wonder how many Bowie albums they sold as a direct result of this video being made? Certainly above zero.

I'd hope the public outcry as this gets more widely known will make both sides strike a new deal (ex. an indefinite one)

I think he's jealous that this one version has more total views than any of the versions of him singing on youtube.

I think he's jealous that this one version has more total views than any of the versions of him singing on youtube.

That may be the reason ... I prefer to watch Chris Hadfield singing the song a thousand times over David Bowies official video :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.