The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Yeah, but the remade plane parts will most certainly be not finished with the main 0.24 branch. Probably for 0.25.

I personally am quite excited to see what kind of contracts the community mods into the game. It's pretty cool that after not thinking about making the tech tree moddable and seeing that you can't stop the modding community they decided to let the modders mess with contracts by design. :D

Imagine if someone creates a contract that requires them to land a Class E on Eve, and return it, and they manage it! (I'm looking at you Whack) ^_^

Imagine if someone creates a contract that requires them to land a Class E on Eve, and return it, and they manage it! (I'm looking at you Whack) ^_^

The Whackjob Space Challenge Foundation contract pack? Or maybe perhaps the Manley M-Prize Organization contract pack?

I wonder if the individual companies and organizations have their own reputation level with the player's space program (would be cool) that determines who and what kind of missions they give you.

I don't see the cup as necessarily a distraction for the devs, as I understand it that's mostly Rowsdower's show to run.

I saw that thread about the 64-bit Windows build on Steam, it will be a great thing if a stable, official 64-bit version is released.

Again, I stand corrected! must be the mods, not the devs, running that show then!

Looking forward to 64bit support myself, can't wait to see how much memory it will actually use! hehe :wink:

Glad I can help with the correction then! :cool: We're keeping the present business model. No pay to play. No freemium. End of story. Now let's get this back on topic please.

Pay to play? KSP is play to play

But freemium KSP? No way. I couldn't see how that can happen. Play $1 to unlock a part?

Good to see this thread still floating around.

Every time I see something new about .24, I make sure to put my thoughts and comments here rather than see lots and lots of other similar threads pop up... The original and best .24.11 thread! hehe :wink:

Q&A phase is usually just before the experimentals go out to the testers, I think, so hopefully more forward progress soon :D

I like the term Greenbacks. It's more creative and imaginative than Kash.

Squad is out of Mexico...so maybe "Space Peso" or "Speso"? Nevermind, that's terrible. I suggest all currency should be based on cubic octagonal struts.

Edited by Soda Popinski

Kesos was unfortunately vetoed, which is a shame because it works on two levels. Kesos as a simple play on pesos, and as a homophone of queso (Spanish for cheese), which would tie into the whole snacks thing pretty well.

Edited by GusTurbo

Kesos was unfortunately vetoed, which is a shame because it works on two levels. Kesos as a simple play on pesos, and as a homophone of queso, which would tie into the whole snacks thing pretty well.

This... is amazing. Have some rep.

I sincerely hope that's not true. "This part costs 200 funds" sounds awful.

Truth. Let's hope we can mod it.

One thing they should add is that you should recover paarts so that you could use them again without having to buy things

At the very least this will be the case for experimental parts. HarvesteR (I think, but it was someone official) said as much directly with no room for interpretation. I suspect that it will work for normal parts as well, but nobody has stated that directly. This would have to incur a cost though because recovery isn't free.

It's also possible that with non-experimental parts you'll just get cash back equal to its value minus handwavy "recovery cost" which is actually a more flexible way to do it. Recovering an SRB is fine but what if I don't want an SRB for my next mission? Getting 80% of that SRB's cost back will let me buy something else.

Edited by 5thHorseman