The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

Good to know somethingawful is now another place I have to check to get the latest info about the release.

I'm generally not overly critical of Squad but surely this is a lesson that you should have learned by now: Release your information through official channels first. Not through some random post on a third party forum.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Good to know somethingawful is now another place I have to check to get the latest info about the release.

I'm generally not overly critical of Squad but surely this is a lesson that you have learned by now: Release your information through official channels first. Not through some random post on a third party forum.

He did, he posted it on Twitter at the same time. Calm down.

I'm generally not overly critical of Squad but surely this is a lesson that you have learned by now: Release your information through official channels first. Not through some random post on a third party forum.

Yeah, information handling isn't always Squad's strong suit. Why on earth this wasn't first posted through the KSP website is just bonkers. To say nothing of Rows saying earlier that it would be released in ~1 day of the videos going up, and Max saying it would take a few days. I know this isn't an easy job, but there is some serious coordination that needs to be done.

Settle down there, fellas. I was in the midst of some coordination on this, myself. Indeed, 0.24 won't be releasing today, but I've also got something up my sleeve. No, it's not a game update, but it will hopefully answer a lot of questions. Expect it in a little while.

Settle down there, fellas. I was in the midst of some coordination on this, myself. Indeed, 0.24 won't be releasing today, but I've also got something up my sleeve. No, it's not a game update, but it will hopefully answer a lot of questions. Expect it in a little while.

Lemme guess, an FAQ and/or release date?

what the FAQ?

edit:

Lemme guess, an FAQ and/or release date?

>implying they will ever release an exact release date

Good to know you're working on it.

Yeah, information handling isn't always Squad's strong suit. Why on earth this wasn't first posted through the KSP website is just bonkers. To say nothing of Rows saying earlier that it would be released in ~1 day of the videos going up, and Max saying it would take a few days. I know this isn't an easy job, but there is some serious coordination that needs to be done.

For clarification's sake, I also posted THIS shortly after. Point being it's not as deep of a situation as what happened with ARM.

For clarification's sake, I also posted THIS shortly after. Point being it's not as deep of a situation as what happened with ARM.

I appreciate your work, and I understand the situation. I understand that reddit, somethingawful, etc. are useful ways of communicating with different parts of the fanbase. At the same time, I would suggest that this kind of information should be released through the KSP website and the KSP forum first. This isn't to put down users of those other sites, but I suggest this kind of information should come from the most official channels first, not posts on 3rd parties.

A couple minute gap won't kill you people. Rowsdower is being perfectly resoanable

The time gap isn't an issue, it's the principle of how information is handled and released. Myself and others have spent a fair amount of time on the forum today expecting/hoping for a release. When we first hear it isn't going to happen, it's not through the main forum, but from somewhere else. It raises issues about where and how we should expect to get information from.

Rowsdower is being perfectly reasonable, and I think so am I. No one is yelling; it's a conversation.

I appreciate your work, and I understand the situation. I understand that reddit, somethingawful, etc. are useful ways of communicating with different parts of the fanbase. At the same time, I would suggest that this kind of information should be released through the KSP website and the KSP forum first. This isn't to put down users of those other sites, but I suggest this kind of information should come from the most official channels first, not posts on 3rd parties.

I was actually looking for approval on a forum message just as soon as I saw the thing on SA. It's a bummer that I didn't get to make it first, but it was made nonetheless. The spots you usually find me around are always the ones that'll get my attention first and yes, of course the forums are included :)