The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

I appreciate your work, and I understand the situation. I understand that reddit, somethingawful, etc. are useful ways of communicating with different parts of the fanbase. At the same time, I would suggest that this kind of information should be released through the KSP website and the KSP forum first. This isn't to put down users of those other sites, but I suggest this kind of information should come from the most official channels first, not posts on 3rd parties.

Pretty much everything you said. It's just disappointing that rather than the 100 page thread on a forum dedicated to the game and run by the company the first direct information shows up somewhere else. I'm glad there was/is communication just slightly disappointed that it wasn't here first. It's not a huge deal at all just irksome. I do however appreciate Rowsdower showing up to confirm pretty quickly.

While generally being just a lurker, Rowsdower - since it's quite late, would you stay up for the thing that you have up your sleeve, or is it safe to go to bed? ;)

SPOILERS: It's the faq.

Now do you want to go to bed for that? It'll be here in the morning.

I was actually looking for approval on a forum message just as soon as I saw the thing on SA. It's a bummer that I didn't get to make it first, but it was made nonetheless. The spots you usually find me around are always the ones that'll get my attention first and yes, of course the forums are included :)

It's a tricky balance. Thank you for working hard at it!

SPOILERS: It's the faq.

Now do you want to go to bed for that? It'll be here in the morning.

There's a bug in the faq?

Are you saying that the FAQ will be here in the morning regardless of the release?

Soo many posts so many impatient people ... Me included

even thou it's been said "not today" I'll still check on the hour just incase but being on the other side of the world guess I'll have to wait it out till tonight.

14 hr's till it hits 9am Wed in mexico, is that when SQUAD start work or are those coders late night burners ?

Please please please punch that release button

Everytime I come to the forum and it takes forever to load, I think it's been released. Nope, just a bunch of people burning the server before .24 is even released.

Not much new information in the FAQ other than the fact that the contracts are really...really moddable. You can add new agencies, new agency mentalities, new objective types, new contract types, agency interactions, all sorts of stuff. I want to take a look at that and hopefully double the contract type count, which is five at release.

I hope 0.25 is the kerbonaut patch, that makes that facility that hasn't been used for anything yet usable. They mention in the FAQ training and recruiting kerbonauts with funds, but first they need skills and levelups/progression. That's one of the last important bits of career mode.

Not much new information in the FAQ other than the fact that the contracts are really...really moddable. You can add new agencies, new agency mentalities, new objective types, new contract types, agency interactions, all sorts of stuff. I want to take a look at that and hopefully double the contract type count, which is five at release.

I wonder if some of the more inventive modders will come up with a way for people to script custom missions from their own games(with their own crafts/flags) and send them to other players with ease. Interesting times ahead, to be sure.

And we've got an FAQ.

Rowsdower, with the focus on moddability in .24, did you guys happen to make the career mode tech-tree more moddable as well?

As far as I can tell there's no way to currently modify many aspects of the tree (like add additional nodes, or create additional dependencies between them, or what have you) while adhering to Squad modding rules, so I've had my fingers crossed that this might be something that would be added :)

well boo about it not coming out today, but I guess if bugs happen, then they happen. I kind of feel like it'll either be out tomorrow, or we'll have to wait until next Tuesday, which would suck.

Boo to last second bugs!