The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

It's getting near :D

Last time Bad gateways started, the release came out!

I will recommend listening to this at the moment it's released! :

Cheers! :D

bad gateways been happening for 3 days

we'll see. it took 15 minutes between those uploads. i'm sure it takes a whlle to upload 1.5GB files :D

True enough. But if you check the history, last night (~16 hours ago) it looks like they had just updated the 64 bit Windows version. Either way, we're all just speculating, so we could be completely missing the mark :)

Interesting things, eh? Who knows. Maybe he's considering growing a beard.

Beards are interesting.

My wife thought my beard was 'vile' - woman has no taste in facial hair, was a spectacular Balbo....

hrmph...

"Mu, just now on IRC (#kspofficial):

[16:46 UTC] [Mu] well i wouldnt hold my breath for a release today

I asked for permission to quote, he gave it but asked that I be specific about the time."

....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Oh well. That means I won't get to play till Friday. Stupid Europe, with it's stupid being in a different time zone...

"Mu, just now on IRC (#kspofficial):

I asked for permission to quote, he gave it but asked that I be specific about the time."

Damn, the hype train is going to derail by the time they release it.

Nothing to worry about - you have to choose to run the 64-bit version, otherwise just running from steam should run the 32-bit version (I think... unless steam auto-detects a 64-bit system...)

You get both .exe files in the game folder, so you can always put a shortcut on desktop or somewhere :)

why assume im using steam? i've been playing ksp since before it was on steam

why assume im using steam? i've been playing ksp since before it was on steam

If I recall correctly (heard it in a video I believe), you may have to download the x64 version separately from the 32 if you're getting it from the KSP website. I cannot confirm however, as I am a STEAM user.

New Scott Manley video showing off recovery and reuse.

so he says debris is auto-removed from around KSC, and thus you don't get money for it (which explains 4kb's thing) but what about debris elsewhere? still sounds like it has to be attached to a probe body...

I hope they are out for lunch after the lest 2 experimentals updates on steam and when they are back it's going to be released, otherwise i have to buy a ticket nonstop to MexicoCity to ask them why the torture.

Why can't nobody tell us "We are still working on it maybee today if we get all sortet out till X o'clock" or "We have thrown today overboard,come back tomorrow". Its not that hard except you have a major competence problem for a project that big and need to hire one guy to lead them all to get some structure in the whole thing...

I have done a little work in projectmanagement and this teasing all the time and bits of info comming through 3rd party channels is just frustrating, even more so as the dreaded asking of an eta which is constantly frowned upon and threads are closed. I woul like to set the same standards to your self.

Maybee next time dont say anything until you really are ready to release. :(

Another new page:

Mu, just now on IRC (#kspofficial):

I asked for permission to quote, he gave it but asked that I be specific about the time.

Sorry for the spam, it's the latest info AFAIK.

so he says debris is auto-removed from around KSC, and thus you don't get money for it (which explains 4kb's thing) but what about debris elsewhere? still sounds like it has to be attached to a probe body...

Yeah, it needs a probe body. At least in the experimental version he has. He switched to thee debris without a probe, recovered it, and didn't get anything for it.

If it is a Windows issue, why not go ahead and release it for Mac and Linux? Also, could we please get some info on the forum rather than hearing it from outside sources? And please tell us if it is not going to be today.