The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

It's 4pm in Mexico City now. I don't see how this is gonna be out in an hour, assuming they don't release after hours.

They release devnotes pretty late. I'm in the same timezone, and devnotes come out much later in the day. I assume someone is in office to post those.

It's 10 at night here. And there's a little blurb at the top of the forums now about 0.24. This is annoying. I need sleep, but I want KSP. :huh:

Yea I wish we could get SQUAD news, as I think a lot of people are staying up waiting for .24; especially now with the hints.

It's 10 at night here. And there's a little blurb at the top of the forums now about 0.24. This is annoying. I need sleep, but I want KSP. :huh:

Then better get to bed now ... i am sure, if KSP 0.24 gets released within the next few hours (and your download is fast enough) sleep will be the last thing you´ll think about :D

They release devnotes pretty late. I'm in the same timezone, and devnotes come out much later in the day. I assume someone is in office to post those.

Devnotes don't have the potential for unexpected major complications, the way an actual release does.

Then better get to bed now ... i am sure, if KSP 0.24 gets released within the next few hours (and your download is fast enough) sleep will be the last thing you´ll think about :D

Haha, you make a very valid point :D

I was always under the impression that the updates released in the late afternoon/early evening (dev's local time). Obviously there's a lot of fluctuation there but that's what I remember from some of the recent updates... who knows. Tomorrow is the 45th (or something) anniversary of something so maybe they're waiting until tomorrow for something.

If it comes out today I will consider it a personal birthday gift from Squad

note: We should aim to refresh the pages so much we crash the forum, The mods heads explode and the latest undamaged back up from the head exploding is from 3 days after the original forum meltdown and Squad is forced to release .24 to prevent riots in the streets

They wouldn't release at the end of the day.

They need an open schedule for the time of release, they need time to make sure things go as they should. It isn't something you do as you're on the way to lock up the doors and go home.

"Do you want something to do while waiting for 0.24? Check out MatoroIgnika's KSP stream!" This is really bugging me. How long do we need to wait? Please don`t be this a prank. Please release it SOOOOOOONN :)

They wouldn't release at the end of the day.

They need an open schedule for the time of release, they need time to make sure things go as they should. It isn't something you do as you're on the way to lock up the doors and go home.

We are talking about squad here :P.... I imagine them locking up walking out the door then getting to their cars. Then one of them shouts O wait forgot to click launch... So they run back in throw on a PC and click the button, then stroll outside like nothing happened.

"Do you want something to do while waiting for 0.24? Check out MatoroIgnika's KSP stream!" This is really bugging me. How long do we need to wait? Please don`t be this a prank. Please release it SOOOOOOONN :)

This is an attempt by me to lower the forum server load and has nothing to do with the actual release of 0.24, which is still soonâ„¢ :)

We are talking about squad here :P.... I imagine them locking up walking out the door then getting to their cars. Then one of them shouts O wait forgot to click launch... So they run back in throw on a PC and click the button, then stroll outside like nothing happened.

Ok that was just way to good. Take some rep sir!

This is an attempt by me to lower the forum server load and has nothing to do with the actual release of 0.24, which is still soonâ„¢ :)

Kasper, you are having fun with this aren't you? haha hey i did I went and watched some nassault videos to lower the load... but I just had to come back and hit f5 just one more time. Or two. Definitely no more then 20 lol

For those asking when it will be released, 20th July seems very likely. Maxmaps said on stream that the update would be out a few days after the media group shows it off and the 0.24 videos were released yesterday. Also, 20th July is the Apollo 11 landing anniversary. The only information they've officially given us is "soon" so don't take what I'm saying as fact, but it really looks like 20th July to me.

For those asking when it will be released, 20th July seems very likely. Maxmaps said on stream that the update would be out a few days after the media group shows it off and the 0.24 videos were released yesterday. Also, 20th July is the Apollo 11 landing anniversary. The only information they've officially given us is "soon" so don't take what I'm saying as fact, but it really looks like 20th July to me.

July 20th is a Sunday, they would never release on a weekend. If anything (if not today) it would be tomorrow for the anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch (7/16 @ ~9:30am CST).

Def not the 20th. Still think today or tomorrow.