[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

From the videos it looks like you have some what of a working model, why not release it for testing I'm sure there is people out here will to help. i know I'm one of them. Great wok so far I would just hate to see it go the way of so many other great potential mods that never quit made it.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there ANY WIP downloads at all?!? I use 0.25, but I can use mods that go back to 0.21.1! Can any of you DEVS give me at least a WIP version?

The closest you have is in the ERS download - it has a couple of KONQUEST attachment points in it, but apart from that, there's nothing available.

hmmm...interesting, if I can ever get OBS working, I might do a mod review on this!

See above - there's not a lot for you review other than pictures :P

The closest you have is in the ERS download - it has a couple of KONQUEST attachment points in it, but apart from that, there's nothing available.

See above - there's not a lot for you review other than pictures :P

I never exactly said when...who knows how long these OBS issues will last!

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot download? has this mod been released?

Sadly no. It has been quite sometime since Alexustas has updated the thread or even posted any Konquest stuff on YouTube. So I am cautiously optimistc, however I think that this thread might just be dead. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Are there ANY WIP downloads at all?!? I use 0.25, but I can use mods that go back to 0.21.1! Can any of you DEVS give me at least a WIP version?

I've been following this thread since it's inception and I do not believe that Alesuxtas ever provided any downloads. There are some of the parts though in the ERS and PRC mods (see his signature) but none of the KONQUEST modules per se. It looks like he has moved on (at least for now) and I don't expect any news on this mod any time soon. (I hope I'm wrong)

In the past we've all come to this point and then, suddenly, he comes back with news that is less than promising, but any news is good still. However, it does look like we'll never be seeing this stuff. I really wish he'd put up a download for what he's got and let the community try and polish it further. Some people just hold on to their projects a little more than others and only release when it's perfect. I sorta wish he'd kept quiet about it so I didn't have to wait for it. Not knowing it exists would be better than having images and video of what looks like a complete part and not having anything to play with.

Add-on authors are sometimes reluctant to provide downloads for WIP add-ons, because they may feel uncomfortable with sharing "incomplete" work or that they assumed that they would be able to finish it soon.

I personally think it's good practice for add-on authors to use GitHub as a project/version management tool - I've been working on the Fustek Station Parts R0.04a update for a very long time, and despite having made major changes from the old version (asset reuse, texture refactoring, IVAs, transparent windows) it's still not done yet. But there's always a chance I'd get hit by a bus, eaten by a llama or (as it actually turned out) currently don't have access to a decent laptop for mod development, I periodically upload experimental WIPs (sometimes with incomplete textures/models/functionality) to my GitHub repository so that other people can test what I've done so far / possibly continue development on my behalf.

• 1 month later...

Well count me in as one of the people who are excited for your return in hopes that you will return to/finish/release konquest. Welcome back, you have been sorely missed.

"Back" isn't exactly what I'd call this. Before today, the last comment made in this thread was from over a month ago. If this guy was "back" I think we'd be seeing at least a tiny bit more activity on his part.

"Back" isn't exactly what I'd call this. Before today, the last comment made in this thread was from over a month ago. If this guy was "back" I think we'd be seeing at least a tiny bit more activity on his part.

He posted in the ALCOR thread today. Now I admit everyone is being a tad loose with the term "back" however his post seemed pretty optimistic. Today its IVA pictures, tomorrow its development pictures, next week its a pre-release, etc. Thats obviously really optimistic but whatever its KSP! Anything can happen!

I was not aware of that when making my last post. I still wasn't aware of his post to ALCOR until now. Still, this has happened before and then nothing has really happened. I don't want to get my hopes up again, cause it's rather irritating every time he pops up and I get excited, only to get bummed out a few weeks/months later when nothing happens.