[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

No way to dawload right?

This mod was abandoned?

Cause look like greattttt...

This mod hasn't been abandoned. A page or two back Alexustas said first he's updating his currently released mods, and when that's done, he'll be working on this :)

This mod hasn't been abandoned. A page or two back Alexustas said first he's updating his currently released mods, and when that's done, he'll be working on this :)

Thanks a lot for update.. Great news.. i can´t wait... je,je,jej,e

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been over 1 year since this was posted, and not even ONE WIP download. Honestly, I don't care if it still has some wrinkles and rough edges, I want to be able to use it in the game. A lot of other people would agree with me. Come on alexustas, give us either a WIP download, or at least SOME sign that you are still working on this mod, and that it has not fallen into the abyss of cancelled mods. I know that you like things to be pretty when you release them, but just give us something! You even made demo videos a while back. In those, you at least had SOMETHING.

And besides, with lots of people using it, it'll make development a lot easier, since people report bugs to you instead of you having to dig around to find bugs.

Give us a sign!

His motto, as most other modders is Soonâ„¢. Plus, with SQUAD updating the base code to Unity 5, almost every single mod is going to break. A lot of modders have put freezes on their development because of the extensive changes that will have to be made. Patience is key. And there is another planetary module mod out on the market right now that I'd highly suggest trying out. Planetary Surface Modules.

Well, to be fair, AlexUstas hasn't really FINISHED anything, has he? I mean, everything he's working on right now, even ALCOR and the ERS rover, JSI and RPM, is technically 'not done yet', right? I mean, they're all in perpetual development because the game itself isn't capital 'F' "Finished" yet, this "Version 1.0.4" b.s. notwithstanding, the game ain't even CLOSE to being "Finished"! Anyway, all respect to the guy, but I have given up on ever seeing ANY finished product of any kind from this otherwise fantastically talented modder. I suspect that he's very much like I am: I'm great at making grandiose plans and starting out at a furious pace, but then about halfway through I realize that this project is WAY bigger than I thought, so I kind of stall out and never finish it. Or, because it's taking so long, I get distracted by some other newer idea and go off to do that, or just get bored, even. Whatever, but you have to acknowledge that all of these projects that are waiting until 'something else is finished first, then I'll get to this one' will ALWAYS be waiting, because NOTHING gets finished! The thing is, though, is that eventually you have to just grit your teeth and pull the trigger, and put SOMETHING out there, because if you're waiting for it to be perfectly totally absolutely 100% completely done finished signed sealed and delivered, well, frankly, there just ain't no such thing! No, it's not 'perfect', or 'finished', there may still be a few bugs, but we'll deal with it. 'Don't let the Perfect be the enemy of the Good', if you will. Ahem, sorry to seem like I'm really ripping on AlexUstas here, I really do like his work, but I have to call it like I see it. Anyway…

Whatever the case, I'm with Raptor22, not demanding that something be released I mean, just that it's been long enough since we've seen in-game video of finished looking parts that I don't think it to be an unreasonable expectation that we should have seen some kind of WIP pre-release version by now. To paraphrase, "if you pull it, you'd better be prepared to use it". :)

That being said, however, this is Alex's mod, and he can work on it as much or as little, as fast or as slow as he likes, so if it's been this long with no payoff, then that's OUR too bad. If it NEVER gets released, tough, sucks to be us. It's not like it's never happened before, look at all the cool stuff BobCat was working on that'll never see the light of a Kerbin day.

That experience, as well as the (non)development of this mod and a few others, has led me to the attitude of 'wow, that's cool, I hope it comes out really soon!', but also to not EXPECT anything at all, or to get my hopes up in any way.

So, sorry for butting in, just felt compelled to drop in my 2 cents. :)

Later everyone! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Alex is not gone. He's still interested in KSP, as evidenced by a video on his YouTube channel just a couple of days ago. Great looking new instrument for a cockpit. As for this mod, I don't get my hopes too high, but you never know

• 4 weeks later...

^ not necessarily. He's still doing stuff for KSP. Its just that around the time he started doing Konquest he also started like 3 or 4 other projects, so it wasn't surprising that this got put on the backburner.

I'm sure he'll eventually pick the mod back up and get it released though, even if its just to get what he already has out so someone else can take up the helm. This thread gets resurrected every couple of days/weeks. Eventually he'll do something :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After KSP 1.0 release and the appearance of the built aerodynamics , I faced with the problem of locking of parts placed inside the module Konquest. I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem, but  do not reached the desired result at the moment... Besides, in the Squad's Devbloge mentioned about a completely new module Wheels and a new system of handling collisions with the surface of planets in Unity 5. Therefore, I have decided to freeze (temporarily) the development of "Konquest" and other of my "Parts" mods.

Edited by alexustas

@alexustas Thanks for the update 1.1 is going to bring some big changes so its understandable you would wait for it to be released before continuing, as long as you havent abandoned it was my only concern. I am patiently waiting for this as I use your ERS rover as well and its going to make an awesome package. 

Edited by Virtualgenius

Yes, hear hear!  I also thank AlexUstas for the update.  As long as we (I) know that this mod hasn't been abandoned or forgotten about, that's all I ask.  :)

But, that doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed that it'll be even LONGER now that we have to wait for KSP 1.1 to drop, and then have to wait for Alex and all the other mod developers to figure out how to deal with all the changes... *sigh*...

Anyway, thanks again for letting us know you're still alive. Later, all!  :D

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2016 at 4:15 AM, alexustas said:

After KSP 1.0 release and the appearance of the built aerodynamics , I faced with the problem of locking of parts placed inside the module Konquest. I have spent a lot of time trying to solve this problem, but  do not reached the desired result at the moment... Besides, in the Squad's Devbloge mentioned about a completely new module Wheels and a new system of handling collisions with the surface of planets in Unity 5. Therefore, I have decided to freeze (temporarily) the development of "Konquest" and other of my "Parts" mods.

As long there is still development I am happy.

• 1 month later...