[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

Ahhhh ok so the capsule is apart of alcor. Got it.

Oh, well, misunderstanding has happened. Did you mean this one?

0XBcHHMl.png

Sure, it would be very useful for servicing Conquest, but I cant do multiple projects simultaneously and I chose "Konquest" now.

MCCTS would be follows i guess.

Edited by alexustas

Will you consider modeling landing engines they could duel purpose with alcor as I don't think tacked on engines from other mods will do this justice, also there is another mod called universal storage maybe work with those guys they are constructing resource wedges which maybe benificial to you.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75129-Universal-Storage-0-62-%28For-KSP-0-23-5%29-6th-May-2014

Edited by Virtualgenius

I have just finished the plugin to kill kerbals above 2g, it took a little bit longer than expected because I had a few problems with setting my new computer up.

Here is the plugin and here is the source. Simply add this to your .cfg to enable it:

MODULE
{
name = GeeForceKiller
}

http://i.imgur.com/0XBcHHMl.png

Sure, it would be very useful for servicing onquest, but I cant do multiple projects simultaneously and I chose "Konquest" now.

Man that's pretty too! I mean it's been said a lot on this thread but I'm sure you don't mind hearing it but your stuff is amazing! Instead of saying I look forward for Konquest release I'm gonna say I look forward to everything you do!!

http://i.imgur.com/0XBcHHMl.png

Sure, it would be very useful for servicing Conquest, but I cant do multiple projects simultaneously and I chose "Konquest" now.

I think sp1989 meant this one that you posted in your ALCOR thread awhile back. But you are right, one thing at a time. And sp1989 is right as well, everything you do is well worth looking forward to and waiting for.

Thanks for all your hard work, I really enjoy using your parts.

Thanks again

Edited by smurphy34

I think sp1989 meant this one that you posted in your ALCOR thread awhile back. But you are right, one thing at a time. And sp1989 is right as well, everything you do is well worth looking forward to and waiting for.

Thanks for all your hard work, I really enjoy using your parts.

Thanks again

This is the one I was thinking of.

One more person really looking forward to this. All your work is great and this looks absolutely fabulous. It'll be really nice having parts that are really made for colonies and also look the part. Plus the challenge of transportation and set-up should be good fun.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but would the greenhouse segment perhaps produce the 'Food' resource for TAC-LS as well?

P.S. The textures on all those pieces are simply gorgeous.

Edited by Boomerang

I have just finished the plugin to kill kerbals above 2g, it took a little bit longer than expected because I had a few problems with setting my new computer up.

Ok, many thanks!

But if are not too late, are it possible to add a couple of features:

1. The ability to set the maximum G value in config files instead of the hardcoded value of 2G. This will make the plugin more versatile i guess

2. Also the ability to specify the probability of death because of overload for each Kerbals onboard. Let's give them all the some chances :)

MODULE
{
name = GeeForceKiller
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]MaxGee = 2[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="#0000FF"]DeathProbability = 0.8[/COLOR][/B]
}

Very nice! Am really looking forward to downloading this mod. By the way, was that a "control from here" module on top? Just wondering how you did the transition from vertical to horizontal landing. Keep up the excellent and impressive work.

Ok, many thanks!

But if are not too late, are it possible to add a couple of features:

1. The ability to set the maximum G value in config files instead of the hardcoded value of 2G. This will make the plugin more versatile i guess

2. Also the ability to specify the probability of death because of overload for each Kerbals onboard. Let's give them all the some chances :)

MODULE
{
name = GeeForceKiller
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]MaxGee = 2[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR="#0000FF"]DeathProbability = 0.8[/COLOR][/B]
}

Done. Currently the probability is checked once per second while the craft is over 2g, if you want that implemented another way, just tell me.

DLL: http://www./download/n6u2oesunxjpau8/GeeForceKiller.dll

Source: http://www./view/vfh14692y3p7koo/GeeForceKiller.cs

Plus the challenge of transportation and set-up should be good fun.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but would the greenhouse segment perhaps produce the 'Food' resource for TAC-LS as well?

KONQUEST is a part mod, not a plugin mod, I can model and texture but programming is not among my skills. What each particular part will be able to do depends on the third party plugins you use. If TAC-LS or some other life support system plugin have such a function that I could just write a module config for, I don’t see a problem.

Very nice! Am really looking forward to downloading this mod. By the way, was that a "control from here" module on top? Just wondering how you did the transition from vertical to horizontal landing. Keep up the excellent and impressive work.

Yes, it is a simple probe core, oriented vertically so that I could get the correct retrograde vector on the navball when in the final stages of descent. At about 2000m, I zero out vertical and horizontal velocities, drop the descent stage, switch ‘control from here’ to the probe core at the top, rotate the module horizontally and turn on the landing engines. By the time this is done the altitude is about 1000m.

- - - Updated - - -

So.... How will we connect the parts together?

I don’t quite understand your question. Could you rephrase that, maybe?

Technically, there's nothing hindering us from using these for space stations, is there?

In theory, yes. But for microgravity environments, the inner space of the modules can (and should) be set up completely differently. For example, the CAM module could comfortably contain six or even eight separate rooms instead of four without reducing crew comfort significantly... and cargo modules would have no need for a ramp.

Is there any chance we could get a service module bay without structure on the top and bottom so we can stack them seamlessly? :)

Looks great, thanks for the hard work! :)

You mean something like that?

Ln2QfXG.jpg