[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

Done. Currently the probability is checked once per second while the craft is over 2g, if you want that implemented another way, just tell me.

I tested the new version a bit, and that’s exactly what I wanted!

Thank you!

Just one more little feature request: The stock G indicator is not very readable. Could we have an on screen warning that we’ve reached 0.9 of the smallest MaxGee on the vessel? (Because different modules might have different MaxGee).

Any new news?

Not as much as I’d like. I spent a lot of time messing with colliders for SM and SMA. Also I added another, unanticipated part: ASET Attachment point.

It’s completely analogous to the stock BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point, but has a different design, sizes and has a decoupler module.

ON93bY4.jpg

I also did a test KONQUEST delivery mission using a super-skycrane, I’ll post a video soon. :)

Excellent work, can't believe I hadn't seen this already.

Slightly annoyed that it appears I'll have to install pFairings and NovaPunch just to get this thing into orbit.. Will they not fit into a KW 3.75m expanded fairing? PFairings + NP + all the other mods that give a point and use to Konquest = a dead Gamedata folder.

Also, something you appear to have overlooked which I fully agree with:

Looks cool, but why not make the SMA itself have a docking node? Then you wouldn't add on more parts by using the SR. ports, and it would look nicer, IMO.

Given the game struggles with high part counts, any decent base will quickly become unusable thanks to various necessary connecting parts. I mean, just look at the hub - you have that Rockomax 90 degree adapter, 4 x 1.25-2m adapters around the outside, 2 docking ports per 'leg'.. That 12 parts right there. If I could suggest a part, how about a Konquest-styled 2m hub with docking modules on each surface?

Looks cool, but why not make the SMA itself have a docking node? Then you wouldn't add on more parts by using the SR. ports, and it would look nicer, IMO.
If I could suggest a part, how about a Konquest-styled 2m hub with docking modules on each surface?

ok. I'll try to do it

Alex I really like how this has developed!

Perhaps in the future we make an adapter module between the Chaka Monkey habitat landers and the Konquest ones, to make an "International Duna Station"

Holy...! How come that I missed this thread?...

This is PURE AWESOME!

First, capsule (yes, still enjoying it a lot), now this. It becomes a complete space exploration & conquest set )))

Great work! Great as always, man!

Yeah, I've been doing some unrelated testing and found that exact thing. I think the expanded fairings shroud the next size up (3.75m ex = 5m). I did think I'd have to install pFairings and NP for this, but then I realised that once Biotronic fixes the bug with TweakScale that breaks the KW fairings, I'll just tweak them up a size, no worries. I did try it and a 5m fairing fits comfortably.

Anyway, any idea yet on the rough weight? I want to start preparing my landing designs now :D

So. Any new progress?? I've been silently following this mod with great anticipation and these 5 days of silence are killing me. :confused:

I have spent some time to solve a trouble with ALCOR's capsule collider, and now I'm working on Konquest Cargo Module . A very clever mechanism for doors opening has been created

Edited by alexustas

Absolutely Love the project so far but maybe two suggestions Is there any way to make the top of the landing leg section also a parachute and also a landing gear section with controllable rover wheels. You can make the wheels them self a separate piece and have them fold out. One last thing if you add the parachutes make them toggle so you can remove the from the tree for non-atmospheric landings. Keep up the good work and I look forward to you releasing this project.

I'm unsure if I could call it a "wonder of Kerbal engineering" given that Kerbal engineering can be a bit wonky at times. This is more the work of a Kerbal prodigy of some sort... you know, the kind that usually get shot out into space in something really far fetched and die a horrible and spectacular death before leaving the launchpad. If this were truly Kerbal it would have to (as stated in the rule sheet which I conveniently dropped in the rocket testing bucket, and has by now certainly been incinerated along with other incriminating evidence that, as I assure you all, does not exist) have some sort of explosive device used to push the ramp out from its storage space in the main module. This explosion would have at least a 48.67% chance of destroying the main housing unit of the ramp itself and a 22.3% chance of killing everyone on board. Very good odds, I assure you.

However, this is one instance that I am glad the rules (which do not exist... at least not after Jeb excitedly pushed the ignition switch of our last batch of test rockets before we had a chance to lock down the testing arena) are being ignored. It's looking fantastic.

I'm unsure if I could call it a "wonder of Kerbal engineering" given that Kerbal engineering can be a bit wonky at times. This is more the work of a Kerbal prodigy of some sort... you know, the kind that usually get shot out into space in something really far fetched and die a horrible and spectacular death before leaving the launchpad. If this were truly Kerbal it would have to (as stated in the rule sheet which I conveniently dropped in the rocket testing bucket, and has by now certainly been incinerated along with other incriminating evidence that, as I assure you all, does not exist) have some sort of explosive device used to push the ramp out from its storage space in the main module. This explosion would have at least a 48.67% chance of destroying the main housing unit of the ramp itself and a 22.3% chance of killing everyone on board. Very good odds, I assure you.

However, this is one instance that I am glad the rules (which do not exist... at least not after Jeb excitedly pushed the ignition switch of our last batch of test rockets before we had a chance to lock down the testing arena) are being ignored. It's looking fantastic.

You know, nothing the Kerbals make blows up, EVER. Have you ever seen an engine-out due to turbopump malfunction? I think not. The only things that fall apart in KSP is the stuff that the player makes. Kerbals are near-perfect engineers, but they're also quite stupid - they let the players design their spacecraft.

You know, nothing the Kerbals make blows up, EVER. Have you ever seen an engine-out due to turbopump malfunction? I think not. The only things that fall apart in KSP is the stuff that the player makes. Kerbals are near-perfect engineers, but they're also quite stupid - they let the players design their spacecraft.

That was pretty stupid... (letting me design anything I mean. Or pilot anything...)

Edited by Starwaster