[WIP]"KONQUEST:Modular components for permanent bases" by ASET (14/05/2014)

alexustas

now please the ones that dont wont it now dont have to install it:sticktongue:

Rather succinct, lol, but BrutalRIP has a good point. :) As does sp1989. As much as we all are eager to get ahold of this great system in its finished form, I think that releasing what you have now would be a good idea. Let us be your beta testers. Yes, you'll be inundated with all sorts of comments/complaints about a great many trivial matters, perhaps, but there are also likely to be a few good ideas that will help you out a lot. :) And I don't recall there being many complaints about LLL, even though Lack kept adding and changing parts through almost a dozen evolutions of that system. We all knew it was a WIP, as is Konquest. :) Heck, come to think of it, you put out the ALCOR pod before it was technically 'finished', and that worked out fantastically! :D

So, that's my opinion, Alex. Please let us mess around with what you already have done on Konquest, while you continue to refine and polish everything to your usual high standards.

Later! :D

Thx, Alexustas, it is what i was talking about on KSP forum KONQUEST thread before the video came))) (see previous forum post Page. 15 by Dextre)

Edited by Dextre

Hey man, this is your mod, and you develop it how you see fit. I am not sure if this has been suggested before but I am wondering if you perhaps thought about adding landing engines to your landing legs module? If not engines specifically for the Konquest modules then perhaps just some cleverly placed attach nodes and a couple of hatch openings so that we can attach stock engines inside the landing legs module and these engines would be safely and neatly tucked away inside the module.

Thx, Alexustas, it is what i was talking about on KSP forum KONQUEST thread before the video came))) (see previous forum post Page. 15 by Dextre)

Yes, I actually changed the animation right after you posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks cool, but why not make the SMA itself have a docking node? Then you wouldn't add on more parts by using the SR. ports, and it would look nicer, IMO.

SMA module now has a built in docking port, compatible with 'Clamp-O-Tron Sr.'

then perhaps just some cleverly placed attach nodes and a couple of hatch openings so that we can attach stock engines inside the landing legs module and these engines would be safely and neatly tucked away inside the module.

That's what I want to do, but I need to think a loooot more about this.

That's what I want to do, but I need to think a loooot more about this.

Woot, nice. Everything is looking really great, keep up the hard work! I look forward to using this mod in the future.

Edit: I didn't know also made the stack inline lights! I love those things and use them EVERYWHERE! Thank you so much for such a great and useful mod.

Edited by Haze-Zero

Oh god, please tell me that interior light can be toggled with action groups..

Definately this lamp is not part of CM. it is a separate item I have did just for my video tutorial :D. But this lamp became very comfy and useful and I have started to use it on my vessels often enuff

Looks epic, cant wait.

Parts I would like to see.

Cargo bay that the top opens like A doors. Like A landing pad / service bay or parts can deploy and point up (antina / dishes)

Maybe one that could split in 1/2 fold 90 Degrees and then is flush .. then 2 ramps come out the sides. ( would love and landing pad for the ALCOR )

Maybe has room for KAS boxes or Parts.

This is a long shot... I love TAC. However I would love A cryogenics, but to balance it would need to be Big heavy (witch these are) and take alot of power.

Another long shot ... not sure how to even work it .. but the parts are so big ... say a deployable runway ... it could make a nice lvl short runway ... i dont sounds far fetched.

In the end we'd surely like to see everything we can possibly imagine. For now, lets just try to focus on getting these parts out and functioning as intended. I envision these parts eventually being broken up further than they are now to allow for a epic level of freedom in construction without compromising structural stability, which would possibly allow for the things you (neko77025) are envisioning. I myself am seeing eventually a replacement for the less-than-amazing colonization set already available (HOME I think is the one). History shows, however, that we will unlikely still be working on projects like these when the technology catches up with our visions.

I don't really have much free time, but I'll try to post what I already have completed before the end of the week.

i was hoping to get my hands on this...oh well will have to wait a little longer awsome looking mod as usual alexustas

At the moment we have: CAM, SCM, LAM, SM, SMA and CM, and left to do LGM and GreenHouse. And I have a question to all of you. Would you like to get full package with with landing legs or you want to see it now, as it is right now, without awaiting the remaining modules??

As much as I hate to say it, all or nothing. You are so quick and made such a great mod that it would be better to have it complete and wait a couple of weeks more.

I've got only one request, make a compressed or reduced memory version, I'd really hate not to be able to play with it just because my ram is full

Just wanted to say that this looks really awesome and i'm looking forward to seeing it. I was so very impressed by your ACOR lander, that I looked to see what else you might have done, and saw this. Awesome!

Ok so I have cleared my gamedata folder of everything except ALCOR, Im ready for Konquest anytime. Your move alexustas your move.

I like your optimism, sir. :)

But... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, either. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't want a purple, obviously dead and slightly odorous specimen of bio-matter contaminating the place after all. Just breathe, it's better that way. Trust me.

...do suffocated Kerbals turn purple? Gotta work on that. I'll send Bill into orbit with too little TAC O2.

Alright... so... we have that secret project out in the open. Now lets get back to work with this thing so we can stop killing our kerbals while trying to turn them purple.

Sorry for the delay. I can only say the delay has been productive, because I have been studying the things needed to continue the work on KONQUEST:

- I have figured out the creation of suspension-based landing legs, which is required for the LGM.

- I have also figured out the methods of creating rover wheels. Which, currently, has no direct relation to KONQUEST, but who knows... :) This turned out to be so interesting that I have also created a whole unplanned mod.

- Talked Mihara into making one small but very handy plugin which will make some operations with modules more convenient, as well as making them much more customizable. I’m testing it right now.

- Thanks to all of the above, I have finally settled on the design for LGM and I’m modeling it right now.

As usual, my work and daily tasks leave little time for this. :(

Edited by alexustas