[1.1] Improved Chase Camera v1.6 (Apr 23)

BahamutoD

Yes I get that question a lot :)

And yes we (the BDAC team) are planning on supporting it.  In my sig below you will find appropriate links.

All of @BahamutoD's mods are listed in the op of the BDARMORY thread.  You can look there for status on all his mods in one place.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 1 month later...

This mod might not be as high-profile as BDArmory and Adjustable Landing Gear, but it makes it possible to actually fly a plane! ^_^

I'm really looking forward to a working version for 1.2. Hope everything is going well with that.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Nice2Bee said:

Recompiled it for KSP 1.2.1, hope it will work:

https://github.com/Nice2Bee/ImprovedChaseCamera-by-BahamutoD

(And I hope I had the permission to do this, but this Mod is so great and unique. I just had to share it with the World ^^ (if not let me know))

I hope you had permission, too! :)

Papa_Joe and gang are including it in their intended support/update collection of BahamutoD's mods. Your recompile is appreciated. Check their thread (linked in the post two above yours) for status or to see about contributing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 5:38 PM, Nice2Bee said:

(And I hope I had the permission to do this, but this Mod is so great and unique. I just had to share it with the World ^^ (if not let me know))

It works ALSO in 1.2.2...

... well...

... YOU ARE MY NEW HERO! :o:rep::kiss::rep::cool:

Edited by Araym

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:38 AM, Nice2Bee said:

Thank you so much Nice2Bee... Glad to be able to control VTOLs without the camera floating upwards :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running 1.2.2 and this mod isn't manifesting in the game at all--no button, no settings, nothing. It's installed right into my gamedata directory like anything else. Any idea what might be going wrong?

On 28/1/2017 at 7:25 PM, MitchS said:

I'm running 1.2.2 and this mod isn't manifesting in the game at all--no button, no settings, nothing. It's installed right into my gamedata directory like anything else. Any idea what might be going wrong?

To activate the mod:
1- Set, in game, the visual to "FREE CAMERA"
2- Press TAB button on your keyboard: the game will warn you that the Improved Chase Camera Mod is active (same font/position of the warning about which visual are you using at the moment)

... et voilà: mod activated, your camera, from now on, will follow the prograde direction, and flying the plane is natural and intuitive.
To deactivate the mod, press again TAB...
You can move the camera around, with the mod activated, and the visual you could choose will stay locked on the prograde direction (the same behaviour like when, automatically, it puts you "behind" the plane)...
If you moved around the camera and you wanna come back in the "behind the plane" visual, deactivate (first time to press TAB) and activate again (again pressing TAB) and you will be brought back to the "behind the plane" visual...

Enjoy.

P.s: OH... YEA!
Use THIS version of the mod, in 1.2.xxx KSP

Those in the opening post are outdated, this is the only one working in the latest KSP releases

Edited by Araym
typos and such... :P

On 1/31/2017 at 8:29 AM, Araym said:

If you moved around the camera and you wanna come back in the "behind the plane" visual, deactivate (first time to press TAB) and activate again (again pressing TAB) and you will be brought back to the "behind the plane" visual...

this is the only bug I have found so far as well. It's supposed to snap back automatically according to the last video posted about the new features in the OP

4 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

this is the only bug I have found so far as well. It's supposed to snap back automatically according to the last video posted about the new features in the OP

Change this value from false to true in settings.cfg for this mod:

//enable to have the camera always snap back to default angle
autoSnap = true

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running a version for 1.3?  Or the old one?

I'm sorry, is there a version out for 1.3? clicking the link in Papa Joe's sig up above links to a version for 1.1.3 and nice2bee has a version for 1.2. If there's a link in this thread that connects to a 1.3 version I've missed it. I've probably missed it, I'm blind that way.

17 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I'm sorry, is there a version out for 1.3? clicking the link in Papa Joe's sig up above links to a version for 1.1.3 and nice2bee has a version for 1.2. If there's a link in this thread that connects to a 1.3 version I've missed it. I've probably missed it, I'm blind that way.

There may not be one, yet.  So don't complain and imply it's dead, give people some time to do the work to get it upgraded and recompiled

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There may not be one, yet.  So don't complain and imply it's dead, give people some time to do the work to get it upgraded and recompiled

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining or implying anything, I was just looking for clarification. when you asked if glibbo was running a version for 1.3, I thought you were implying there was a version out for 1.3 already. If my question/comment was interpreted as complaint or rudeness, I'm very sorry, it wasn't meant that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.