[1.1] Improved Chase Camera v1.6 (Apr 23)

BahamutoD

I believe there was some activity on it by the BDA team awhile back, but RL got in my way for awhile as well... I have no objections to anyone assuming adoption, as I and my team have pretty full hands.  

I have had some time of late to spend on mods so  should it need to remain with us, I will revisit and refresh the mod.

18 hours ago, Nice2Bee said:

This Version should work, if not let me know :wink:

https://github.com/Nice2Bee/ImprovedChaseCamera-by-BahamutoD/releases

I'll give it a go when I'm next open :)

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you going to do a full adoption of this mod?  Seems like @Papa_Joe and the BD Team hasn't done anything with it for almost a year

Aye :/ I feel as though the team dropped this mod when the stock chase cam was set to follow your COM/velocity. Sad thing is though that it's still completely unusable for VTOL's as your camera angle completely screws up if you turn quickly. I'd love to see this mod continued.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2017 at 2:48 PM, Nice2Bee said:

This Version should work, if not let me know :wink:

https://github.com/Nice2Bee/ImprovedChaseCamera-by-BahamutoD/releases

@Nice2Bee This version does work, but I have two gripes. I tend to prefer the Locked Chase Cam, as it rolls with the aircraft. However, I fly with a controller, and have camera controls set up on the right joystick. My problem is that I can't get the camera to turn more than 5 degrees in any direction when trying to look off to the sides or above/below with the stick. There is also no "look-behind" button. Is this an issue with my keybinds or with how I have the mod configured (which I left on all defaults)? I can get the camera to steer just fine with right-click-dragging, but then it won't auto-center unless I turn the mod off and on again.

Would it be possible to make a "Improved Chase Camera Continued" Mod integrating the suggested camera features? I'm used to the Ace Combat style of controls which have this style of camera and I would love to have KSP emulate it.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the long delay.  I have just recompiled Improved Chase Camera for KSP 1.4.x  You can find it here: 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ImprovedChaseCamera/releases

v1.6.2 Long Lost Update!
- Recompiled for KSP 1.4.x compatibility 
- updated code for vessle worldCOM and vessel localMOI changes in KSP structure.
- Added KSP-AVC support (version file added)

I will create a new thread for this so we have a means to track and update the OP.

Update.  New Thread is here: 

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2019 at 12:27 AM, Jognt said:

Now I'm confused :/

Oh, I just started playing again and wanted this mod, didn’t really pay attention to the current thread situation. :D

It’s just a quick-and-dirty recompile, if someone wants to continue this mod he should probably continue papa-joes version or some other fork with KSP-AVC Plugin support:

https://github.com/BahamutoD/ImprovedChaseCamera/network/members

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.