[1.1] Improved Chase Camera v1.6 (Apr 23)

BahamutoD

Does not work in 1.0 (and i think is better than stock)
It is 100 times better than stock! If you have ever flone a plane with this, you will never want to be without this mod.

Someone needs to bring this mod back to life.

Been wanting to test this, now there's a fixed camera (which is basically the chase before the update) and the new chase camera, which is supposed to be similar to this mod right? So far it seems to be working, but differently, need to test it though...

Btw, this mod still appears as compatible in CKAN

It looks like the stock chase cam is similar to this, except it only follows the velocity vector horizontally. IE if you pitch up, it wont look upwards at your velocity. I understand if you like this version better, so I'll try to find some time to work on it.

It looks like the stock chase cam is similar to this, except it only follows the velocity vector horizontally. IE if you pitch up, it wont look upwards at your velocity. I understand if you like this version better, so I'll try to find some time to work on it.

I appreciate *both* vectors, for sure -- and your efforts to updating your chase camera to modify or supplement stock views. The auto camera effect (when achieving / coming back from orbit) likely still remains, as well.

Improved FREE chase cam - working great

Improved chase cam - no working correctly. Camera is not rotating (rolling) with a plane. when pitching a plane, camera also pitches - away from velocity vector

Really, really want Improved chase cam with roll!

thanks for all the hard work.

Truly appreciated. You are a credit to the KSP community.

i like this mod too, specially the chase cam, in 0.90 one feature didnt work: the view dont come back when you release the right click mouse button after rotating the cam as expected(but by hitting Tab 2x it was ok).

the new stock chase cam rotate with velocity vector (but not on roll axis) but is not inline with it at the begining.

So an update will be usefull,

thank you for sharing your work of all your mods anyway. :wink:

Edited by Skalou

Update v.1.5.0

- KSP 1.0+ compatibility

- Changed CHASE mode to LOCKED mode

- Disabled setFOV (now a stock feature)

- Disabled by default

- Removed experimental mouse control

the view dont come back when you release the right click mouse button after rotating the cam as expected(but by hitting Tab 2x it was ok).

To enable this, set autoSnap = true in the settings config file.

Edited by BahamutoD

This is soooooooo GREAT!

Finally, a proper camera for flying.

Thanks BahamutoD

but autoSnap not working for me (at least not in chase cammera). Edited settings.cfg, but not working. Not a big deal.

This is soooooooo GREAT!

Finally, a proper camera for flying.

Thanks BahamutoD

but autoSnap not working for me (at least not in chase cammera). Edited settings.cfg, but not working. Not a big deal.

Hmm, you're right, it only works in Free mode. I'll try to fix it.

Edit:

Hotfix v1.5.1

- Fixed autoSnap feature for LOCKED mode

Edited by BahamutoD

How different is this from the stock chase cam these days?

I noticed the stock chase cam follows the velocity vector as well now.

Stock chase cam only follows the velocity vector horizontally, so if you are flying upwards, it won't look up. It also follows your target if you have a target set (also only horizontally). There's no option to lock with roll.

So its good for some cases, but this mod still gives you options that stock doesn't have.

Stock chase cam only follows the velocity vector horizontally, so if you are flying upwards, it won't look up. It also follows your target if you have a target set (also only horizontally). There's no option to lock with roll.

So its good for some cases, but this mod still gives you options that stock doesn't have.

I'm really glad to see you've updated this. I was disappointed with Squad's approach to the problem. Curious if you or anyone have tested it with TrackIR? I plan to but have not yet.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.