[1.1] Improved Chase Camera v1.6 (Apr 23)

BahamutoD

I have an issue with my camera turning upside down every time I launch something and I turn on improved chase cam, as if it would be the default, be it from VAB or SPH. I'm using x64 version, and tons of other mods. Are there any known incompatibilities? Why could this be happening?

[EDIT]: Forget it. Reinstalling the mod solved it. This really is a must for planes!

Edited by Dielos

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem where if I press tab nothing happens. I don't know if this is because I have editor extentions which also uses tab.

I know I installed it because it says Chase Cam Mode Activated whenever I crash.

I love your mods and I really want to use this one, any ideas?

I'm running in OS X on Steam with 0.24.2.559 and it's not working, I've placed the "ImprovedChaseCamera" in the folder "GameData." Is there anything I'm missing. This is the first and only mod I've installed so I'm sure there aren't any conflicts. I've tried it with my career save and a fresh sandbox to no avail. Is there a way I can see if its actually starting up with it? The load screen goes by so quickly.

Thanks!

Is there a way I can see if its actually starting up with it? The load screen goes by so quickly.

Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log. That will tell you if the plugin loaded.

Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log. That will tell you if the plugin loaded.

Thanks! It wasn't loading initially, but after a few restarts it started up. As for the mod itself, it's great! Really helps out when I'm lining up with the runway. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I can't get this mod to work. Whenever I start a new flight I see the "Improved chase cam active" message but it doesn't actually seem to be and pressing tab does nothing.

What entry in the settings.cfg should the keybinding show up in?

Edited by mossman

I can't get this mod to work. Whenever I start a new flight I see the "Improved chase cam active" message but it doesn't actually seem to be and pressing tab does nothing.

What entry in the settings.cfg should the keybinding show up in?

Press V a few times.

The chase cam usually fails to work right when you load a vessel, you need to cycle between cameras back to Free if you want the Free chase mode.

This is a great concept, and I'd love to use it, but...well, see upthread. As well as some bug-squishing, it needs to default to off and never appear in any way unless actively invoked. When I tried to use it, it would constantly intrude when I didn't want it to, and frequently failed to work properly.

It's a shame; as I said, it's a great concept.

This is a great concept, and I'd love to use it, but...well, see upthread. As well as some bug-squishing, it needs to default to off and never appear in any way unless actively invoked. When I tried to use it, it would constantly intrude when I didn't want it to, and frequently failed to work properly.

It's a shame; as I said, it's a great concept.

Check the .cfg file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.