ozraven

On 30.12.2016 at 11:05 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hey Everybody,

Here is a recompiled, working version for 1.2.2, with a few additions:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard/releases/tag/beta-1

• Updated for 1.2.2
  • Added special colors for fuel lines and struts
  • Added code to not constantly update the highlighting

For some reason I can't get this to work, the button doesn't appear; neither in stock nor blizzy's toolbar. According to the logs it's trying to find what I presume is the config file but the PluginData directory doesn't exist. Is there a bug or is it just my mod soup messing something up?

Spoiler

File 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/PartWizard/PluginData/PartWizard.cfg' does not exist

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PartWizard\PluginData\PartWizard.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartWizard.Configuration.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartWizard.PartWizardPlugin.SaveToolbarConfiguration () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartWizard.PartWizardPlugin.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Here's the full output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJYJ0DSaacASnRuMDJtdjlyZGc/view?usp=sharing

Make a directory/folder called PluginData inside the PartWizard folder

That should solve the problem

Since @ozravenhasn't been around in a month, and hasn't bothered to respond to any of the messages I've posted (the last time I heard from him was Dec. 6), I'm going to go ahead and adopt this mod.

If @ozraven does come back, I'll gladly relinquish it to him, but in the meantime, I want to keep this going.

Watch for a more-official release in a day or so.

Also, here is a new beta file with the missing folder added:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard/releases/download/1.2.2a/PartWizard-4-1.2.2a.zip

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make a directory/folder called PluginData inside the PartWizard folder

That should solve the problem

Since @ozravenhasn't been around in a month, and hasn't bothered to respond to any of the messages I've posted (the last time I heard from him was Dec. 6), I'm going to go ahead and adopt this mod.

If @ozraven does come back, I'll gladly relinquish it to him, but in the meantime, I want to keep this going.

Watch for a more-official release in a day or so.

Also, here is a new beta file with the missing folder added:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/PartWizard/releases/download/1.2.2a/PartWizard-4-1.2.2a.zip

Well that was a simpler solution than I'd expected. :) Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.