Microsoft flight is out!

Ryn

The only thing I like about it is the mission structure, which was the thing I wanted most with FSX, instead of just half-assed single missions. But it came at the cost of...everything else that made flightsim cool.

I mean I understand their attempt to target a larger audience with the more game like structure and simplistic flight model and controls, hud and the like. But they could have, at the very least thrown hardcore simmers a bone by including a complex flight model.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

From what I understand this new version has no modding support and every gamer who played the previous versions is pronouncing the entire MSFS (Microsoft Flight Simulator) series dead.

+1

Moach went on a rant about this about 2-3 months ago (he and HarvesteR made a mod for MSFS 2004), relating it to the original spore demo vs the final product. While I think this will be a good game, I don\'t agree with the free to play model (check out Rise Of Flight prices for planes to know what I mean) and the gameplay is too simple for me.

Oh, here\'s something I bet you don\'t know: It automatically recognizes a 360 controller and comes pre-configured for it. Not a hardcore sim anymore, no sir. ;)

I don\'t like the business model, admittedly. You get two planes and then it\'s ten bucks or more for each additional one, as far as I can tell. That\'s a tad steep. But the game itself seems pretty solid.

And it are airplanes of 75 years ago.

Well one of them is. Which to me is a huge plus point. The other is some kind of modern miniature pusher-prop flying boat. I didn\'t know anyone even made those anymore.

Because.... um... in Orbiter you don\'t get to carry tourists in your open-cockpit biplane? Who then in the middle of the tour announce that they kinda forgot to use the restroom before getting in and if you\'d be so kind to find an airport to land ASAP? :D

Because.... um... in Orbiter you don\'t get to carry tourists in your open-cockpit biplane? Who then in the middle of the tour announce that they kinda forgot to use the restroom before getting in and if you\'d be so kind to find an airport to land ASAP? :D

I think you\'re a Flight fan :D

Carry tourist? I need to do landing missions ???

Well, I\'ve not played MSFS since 2002... I hadn\'t realized it had advanced to that point (if you can call than an advancement).

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Microsoft flight seems to have seen Rise of Flight and copyed it (rise of flight has 2 aircraft free, and costs between 7-8 dollars US for each additional one). While this is good for the people who like flying a few planes around (for the non-sim people its very low), once again, complex flight modeling is sort of needed for me to even look at it. Once again, paying for 5 planes and scenery and it would be 100 dollars at least, and with no modeling support, it basicly means I can fly what I want like FSX.

Basicly, its not my sort of game.

Yeah, the price of add-ons is a tad high (as in, by a factor of ten). That\'s one of the things I don\'t like about it. Another being the fact that it hogs both my monitors, but only displays a black screen on the secondary. 'Oh no, you\'re not watching youtube videos while you\'re playing me!' What a selfish dick of a game.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Yeah, the price of add-ons is a tad high (as in, by a factor of ten). That\'s one of the things I don\'t like about it. Another being the fact that it hogs both my monitors, but only displays a black screen on the secondary. 'Oh no, you\'re not watching youtube videos while you\'re playing me!' What a selfish dick of a game.

MSFSX did that, but it also allowed you to have different views on there. And why are you watching youtube videos while flying? Thats worse than drinking and driving.

Because flying from point A to point B is boring as hell, but you get fewer points if you skip to the next waypoint instead of flying there manually. I don\'t know if it\'s possible to have something else on the second screen, I couldn\'t find anything to that effect in the options. But the game does allow me to move the mouse cursor over there, so it is actually using the second screen, just not displaying anything on it. I am slightly baffled by this.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Because flying from point A to point B is boring as hell, but you get fewer points if you skip to the next waypoint instead of flying there manually. I don\'t know if it\'s possible to have something else on the second screen, I couldn\'t find anything to that effect in the options. But the game does allow me to move the mouse cursor over there, so it is actually using the second screen, just not displaying anything on it. I am slightly baffled by this.

I tend to put an outside view there in FSX and have the virtual cockpit on my main screen. Also I don\'t blame you, it is boring... but thats why I tend to fly 75 year old aircraft in FSX, more fun. Then again, I have flown across the whole USA not on autopilot, in a 727 (my faverote jet airliner apart from the concorde), so simulation is for me.

I think a lot of the flak that MS is getting over this game comes from MS FS fans misunderstanding what it is. It\'s not MS Flight Simulator anymore, it\'s not MS FS 11. It\'s MS Flight. It\'s a completely different thing, and I believe it deserves to at least be treated and judged as a game in its own right, not just in comparison to MS FS. Comparing FS and Flight is like comparing Orbiter and KSP. They deal with the same subject matter, but approach it differently.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.