[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

For me, the very newest version of PP (soemthing something .11 I think) works with the newest TweakScale, though one or the other new versions of these are causing a lot more laggishness (by that I mean much lower framerates on same craft compared to before) in VAB and in flight...

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

For me, the very newest version of PP (soemthing something .11 I think) works with the newest TweakScale, though one or the other new versions of these are causing a lot more laggishness (by that I mean much lower framerates on same craft compared to before) in VAB and in flight...

That's probably the log spam sirkut mentioned on the last page. I don't much care because I'm having way too much fun creating robotic arms and strapping kerbals to 2.5m versions of the Kerbodyne booster :D

Thanks, Biotronic! This update definitely fixed the revert bug for me.

Newest ProceduralFairings is v3.01, thats the one I have installed.

ProceduralParts was v0.9.9, now I have the newest (v0.9.10) installed with KSPAPIExtensions.dll v1.4.3.1. But still broken.

Will renaming directory's to get a different load order do something useful? These dependences are a mess.

Renaming the TweakScale directory to 1TweakScale doesn't work.

After installing the updates:

Updates of ProcFairings_3.02

ProceduralParts.0.9.11

TweakScale_1.6

KSPAPIExtensions.dll is v1.4.4.0 in all add-ons, an live is good again! :)

That's probably the log spam sirkut mentioned on the last page. I don't much care because I'm having way too much fun creating robotic arms and strapping kerbals to 2.5m versions of the Kerbodyne booster :D

Thanks, Biotronic! This update definitely fixed the revert bug for me.

I find that if you have a slower machine you will most certainly notice the lagginess from output_log spamming. For me I don't notice but others it's definitely noticeable.

If anyone is interested, here are some links to TweakScale cfgs I made for LLL and for the Infernal Robotics Rework structural parts (trusses and tubes) - Please note that this reflects my own personal preference for how stuff ought to scale, you might not like it. Also, I sadly did not keep a list of the parts I was able to delete as a result of this, but it's mostly logical (if there's a 1x1 LLL variant of something, then 2x2 or 4x4 are redundant).

These may make everything explode for you, I offer no assurances. There are probably errors. The cfgs kind of work for me, most of the time. Here's what I did:

- 1x1 dimension LLL parts can (almost all, not sure) scale to sizes 1x1, 1.5x1.5, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4

- 2x1 LLL parts can scale to 2x1, 3x1.5, 4x2

- LLL fuselages/round tanks get "stack" type (0.625-5m)

- Various other things like polymer plates, walkway hub things, etc. have various scales you can see in the CFGs (I use the walkway hub as a 6-way hub for IR Rework struct parts, for example)

For the IR reworked struct parts, you can (if you want) delete the 7 folders including TubeSmall variants and TrussLarge variants and the TrussSmallToTubeSmall adapter. This does eliminate the TubeSmall model, or just don't delete that if you want to keep them (but I didn't include scales for them).

Both LLL and IR reworked struct scales rely on the definitions cfg. Here are the links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/My_Tweakscale_Definitions.cfg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/My_Tweakscale_LLL.cfg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/My_Tweakscale_Robotics.cfg

EDIT: Sometimes things are horribly named and the scale names for some parts don't reflect their actual shapes, but they do still scale with the correct-ish multipliers.

Clarity

After installing the updates:

Updates of ProcFairings_3.02

ProceduralParts.0.9.11

TweakScale_1.6

KSPAPIExtensions.dll is v1.4.4.0 in all add-ons, an live is good again! :)

To much joy to fast... ProceduralParts fuel doesn't scale with the tank size.

Just a heads up, TweakScale has a debugging statement that is spamming the output_log file:

Me to, lots of lines with:

TweakScale.Update() - !isFreeScale. TweakScale new value = xxx

I can confirm that!

I don't seem to be having either of these problems (stock scaling or PP fuel not scaling with tank size) - I'm using PP 0.9.11, ProcFairings 3.02, Tweak 1.6. Maybe there's still a copy of KSPAPIExtensions.dll in your main GameData folder...?

I don't seem to be having either of these problems (stock scaling or PP fuel not scaling with tank size) - I'm using PP 0.9.11, ProcFairings 3.02, Tweak 1.6. Maybe there's still a copy of KSPAPIExtensions.dll in your main GameData folder...?

No, there is no KSPAPIExtensions.dll in my main GameData.

I'm going to guess that the issue with KW parts is that they use MODEL nodes and non-1. rescaleFactors. Thus it'd be great if you could scale the part's own transform, but as you doubtless saw that will (IIRC) scale all its children. Well, you could try changing part.transform.localscale?

Anyway, to deal with the KW problem--do you currently multiply, or just set, the scale? If you're setting it, try reading the scale first, storing it, and then multiplying your scalefactor against it.

This is the line that does the scaling:

savedScale = part.transform.GetChild(0).localScale = Vector3.Scale(basePart.transform.GetChild(0).localScale, rescaleVector);

basepart is the prefab. So yeah, if something else sets the scale at an inopportune time, we's ferked.

To add to what NathanKell is saying, there does seem to be a problem with parts that use a scale other than 1.0 inside the MODEL {} thing - for example, the 1.25m NovaPunch reaction wheel scales fine, but all the others appear in the VAB to be 1.25m in size to begin with but have nodes and strengths associated with their actual part size, I think... When I messed around with one of the KW engines and changed its scale to 1.0 inside the MODEL {} bit, it then scaled correctly too, although it still would appear to have moved up inside the fuel tank a bit on VAB reload.

Maybe it's possible to add another layer in the transform hierarchy, and do TweakScale scaling there? If not, I'm looking for ideas.

For me the stock 1.25 Tanks and engines are scaled wrong. The stack nodes are on the right places but the part is too little.

Which looks like that:

http://i.imgur.com/iJmD9Wp.png

I can confirm that!

Weird, they work great for me. What other mods are you guys using?

Also, is there a method where you can use ScaleExponents.cfg to specify a specific part rather than a module?

Now there is. Example with which I tested the feature:

@PART[solarPanels1] // SP-W 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel
chargeRate = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
flowRate = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
panelMass = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
}
}
}

UPDATE: Good god, I take it all back. No idea what's going on with the KW engines, except that when I modified the "scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8" within each MODEL{} bit on some engines, changing it to "scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0", things seemed then to work.

Example:

MODEL{

model = KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/1mMaverick1D/KW_1mEngine_Maverick1D_M

scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 [seemed to me that this was exactly the visual size of the model when TweakScale was applied to the cfg - nodes were right, visual size wrong. Changed to 1.0 1.0 1.0.]

}

scale = 0.1 [didn't change this one]

MODEL

{

model = KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWDecouplerShroud/KW_Auto_1mMavShroud

scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 [Also changed this to 1.0, 1.0, 1.0]

}

Not a programmer nor fluent in programmese, sadly, so have no real idea what I'm talking about.

P.S., thanks for including the configurable exponents for stuff! That is awesome. Also, don't know what you did in 1.7 (maybe?) to get the thrust values for engines to update in the VAB with Engineer, but that's awesome too. Thanks!

the new version of tweak scale killed my performance, things with more than 50 parts and i was not more in control of the camera at 3 fps.

took me a while to figure out which plugin it did.

I lost my space station and various satellites.:mad:

please fix this issue.

Edited by ximrm

Snip

Can you add in the following to the Luck Luster Labs config file, the control wheels, and have the 5 ton weight adjustable? Dankie!

Onto the stock side of things, If I place a stock engine the game screws up and it can not find the part in the action key section and the scaling does not work. the scale is stuck on 0.625m, and the 2nd one just says **Not Found**. I will investigate more to see if its a mod conflict as I have quite a few, as with making sure I've not screwed up the install. Will post my findings as soon as I can finger it out.

Edit: Looks like i found what is going on, looks like Skillful - Weapons and Damage Mod for KSP By InfiniteDice replaced the stock files and may be the cause of the troubles. I am going to restore the the stock folders and see what will happen.

Edit2: Yep Skillful - weapons and damage mod was the fault. It held squad config files in its folder and the game labeled them as that mod instead of stock. Thus this mod had no clue what it was doing.

Edited by Damaske

UPDATE: Good god, I take it all back. No idea what's going on with the KW engines, except that when I modified the "scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8" within each MODEL{} bit on some engines, changing it to "scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0", things seemed then to work.

Oh, something I forgot in my other post:

When using model.scale, model.scale * rescaleFactor must be = 1, because of a bug.

Example:

Not a programmer nor fluent in programmese, sadly, so have no real idea what I'm talking about.

P.S., thanks for including the configurable exponents for stuff! That is awesome. Also, don't know what you did in 1.7 (maybe?) to get the thrust values for engines to update in the VAB with Engineer, but that's awesome too. Thanks!

Do you or anyone else can tell me how to do that with a MM config? I don't want to edit the parts directly, but also don't know how to target a MODEL node since it has no name and if @scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 would work at all.

Thanks.

Do you or anyone else can tell me how to do that with a MM config? I don't want to edit the parts directly, but also don't know how to target a MODEL node since it has no name and if @scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 would work at all.

Thanks.

I don't actually know how to do that, unfortunately; I would do the same thing if I did! :(

Me to, lots of lines with:

TweakScale.Update() - !isFreeScale. TweakScale new value = xxx

Same problem here. FPS is very low too.

re-installed from fresh DL and everything is fine.

Edited by Gristle

You should try supporting the following:

Mechjeb

KAX

Spaceplane+

Proc Fair

SXT

TV PP

KAS

Firespitter

Better RoveMates.

I'm working on incorperating this into my mod though, and it will be listed as a requirement.

EDIT:

Alright, having issues incorperating this in my mod.

If you wouldn't mind assisting me?(Link in sig.)

Fixed it. Love the mod!

Edited by Galacticruler

Well, firstly this mod is (mostly) GREAT! Definitely has reduced the number of parts I need to get things done.

However, I am seeing that all (I think) of my KW parts are now underscaled. Nodes seem to be in the right place but models are smaller than they should be. This is also affecting 1.25m Squad parts (but *only* 1.25m parts...). Off the top of my head I can't see how to fix it and a re-install hasn't worked. Any one else suffering this?