[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Do you need the whole log again, or just what I believe to be the salient part?

At least it seems consistent in the log since 1.29, but exactly why is the question.

I just spotted your change to the "SCALETYPE with name default" which was spamming the log before, and it seems coincidental that now the log shows the last operation consistently. Race condition?

That's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot! The scaletype spam has been removed since it's unnecessary, so no race condition. I hope...

New test version, same procedure.

I'm thoroughly confused by some parts of this, though. First, it works great here. Second, adding MFT should not fix the problem. Third, I don't have a call to System.Linq.Enumerable:Cast<object> anywhere in the code.

Thanks a lot for testing this for me, btw. I really appreciate it.

I'm thoroughly confused by some parts of this, though. First, it works great here. Second, adding MFT should not fix the problem. Third, I don't have a call to System.Linq.Enumerable:Cast<object> anywhere in the code.

Thanks a lot for testing this for me, btw. I really appreciate it.

It does seem counter intuitive, but it is 100% reproducible. I only have the necessary addons installed for IR to function. Isn't linq associated with xml?

Not a problem on the chasing of this out. It's a learning exercise for me, and should hopefully squad a bug for everyone.

@sirkut - I'm at a loss as to what it might be. With so few mods, there are only so many variables, and I can recreate the problem or make it go away at will.

TweakScale without MFT causes a CTD

Add MFT, CTD ceases.

Remove TS and MFT, and the CTD's cease.

The only other factors are Toolbar, IR, KAE, and MM

I have only one copy of the latest revisions for all of those, and without any one of them, my intentions for IR are stymied.

I just spotted a new file to test...

Results from the last two test files.

The first one worked first time, but failed after a second attempt. In all, one failure out of five.

The crash was different in that I could at least place the part, and then it CTD'd as shown in the log.

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

editor started

Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.6.0.0 (latest)

trussPiece3x(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

Crash!!!
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103C00000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000641DE82E) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:attachPart (Part,EditorLogic/) + 0x21e (00000000641DE610 00000000641DE83C) [0000000003A74D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000000006419ABB1) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:UpdatePartMode () + 0xec1 (0000000064199CF0 000000006419AFAF) [0000000003A74D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00000000641996CE) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:Update () + 0x7e (0000000064199650 000000006419973A) [0000000003A74D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x00000000040472DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000004047270 000000000404734A) [0000000003A74D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FEDA6436CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x3EBA63203E2CA091) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000003A74D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

The second file shows similar results for two consecutive runs, but I haven't run it multiple times yet.

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

editor started

Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft

[KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.6.0.0 (latest)

trussPiece3x(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

stage count is: 0

Crash!!!
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

(0x0000000103AD0000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000076D398F5) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:UpdatePartMode () + 0x515 (0000000076D393E0 0000000076D3A69F) [0000000003934D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000076D38DBE) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EditorLogic:Update () + 0x7e (0000000076D38D40 0000000076D38E2A) [0000000003934D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x0000000003F172DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (0000000003F17270 0000000003F1734A) [0000000003934D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0
(0x000007FED3FC36CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e
(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0
(0x0000000003934D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

I'll try a couple more times, and then try with MFT again. Whatever it is, it just moves that bit further along at every attempted fix.

I've seen the MuMech.Toggle spamming Smurfalot's log in the IR thread.

It appears that on KSP 0.24 in 64 bit mode there's an incompatibility between Kethane and Tweakscale:

Output Log

Individually either mod works fine. But when you try to run them at the same time you get a crash in the transition from the title screen to the spaceport.

Other things to try:

• Delete TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.dll from TweakScale\plugins.
  • Run a game with only stock and TweakScale.
  • Run a binary search for interfering mods: Remove half the mods and see if the problem disappears. If it doesn't, repeat with the remaining ones. If it does, add them again and repeat with that half.

I'm sorry that I've only just read that edit while reviewing the thread. That is pretty much exactly what I'd done after I had the initial problem, and I saw there was something funky - see my first post here, and the update.

I just read the tail end of the KSPAPIExtensions thread and noted that I'd seen the versioning issue mentioned there while chasing this problem. There is also an updated version 1.6.1 of KSPAPI so on a whim, I installed it while removing the 1.6.0 existing versions.

It works!

There hasn't been anything to indicate an issue with KSPAPI, and blame, if any, has been pointed in this direction. I'm determined to try and understand how TS became a casualty, and in such an odd way too. I equally sorry for the wild goose chase and grateful for your patience.

Hey, I am thinking of working on tweakscale .cfg's for KSPX and TAL Tordial/Spherical Tanks and I just wanted to double check that you had no plans on making .cfg's for those.

Also, I may need help while doing this, so if you wouldnt mind my PMing questions your way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

[LOG 16:37:51.062] Tac.EditorController[FFEF4622][591.13]: Start

[LOG 16:38:12.868] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFEF10AA][612.87]: OnAwake

[LOG 16:38:12.874] [sCANsat] start: in editor

[LOG 16:38:12.874] [sCANsat] sensorType: 0 fov: 0 min_alt: 0 max_alt: 0 best_alt: 0 power: 0.05

[LOG 16:38:12.877] Parsing vector2

[LOG 16:38:12.878] Parsing vector2

[LOG 16:38:12.879] Parsing vector2

[LOG 16:38:12.880] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFEF10AA][612.87]: OnStart: Editor

[LOG 16:38:26.150] Parsing vector2

[LOG 16:38:26.956] stackDecoupler(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

[LOG 16:38:26.957] stage count is: 1

[LOG 16:38:36.462] [TweakScale] Creating updaters for KW Rocketry SA-1 LFT

[LOG 16:38:38.373] deleting part KW1mtankL1(Clone)

[LOG 16:38:39.294] [TweakScale] Creating updaters for KW Rocketry SA-2 LFT

And crash, I had few crashes with IR with similar errors last line is tweakScale always. That logs is from the VAB.

win x64 . TweakScale 1.29

Edited by nismobg

Tiny bits of the wrong log are not helpful.

Cause the problem. Quit KSP (if it hasn't crashed). Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Hey, I am thinking of working on tweakscale .cfg's for KSPX and TAL Tordial/Spherical Tanks and I just wanted to double check that you had no plans on making .cfg's for those.

Also, I may need help while doing this, so if you wouldnt mind my PMing questions your way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Feel free! And don't hesitate to ask, I like helping people.

It appears that on KSP 0.24 in 64 bit mode there's an incompatibility between Kethane and Tweakscale:

Output Log

Individually either mod works fine. But when you try to run them at the same time you get a crash in the transition from the title screen to the spaceport.

Huh. Just tried this, and I too get a consistent crash, with a similar stack trace, but mine is upon entering the VAB. output_log.txt is about as helpful as scrying in my own entrails.

...then I remembered to install Toolbar, and it's as smooth as a fiddle. So... huh?

KSP 0.24.1 changelog:

* Added IPartCostModifier interface, to allow part modules to tweak a part's cost.

How does TweakScale plan to handle/change/cope with/adapt to/incorporate this?

Intelligently, of course. :P

KSP 0.24.1 changelog:

* Added IPartCostModifier interface, to allow part modules to tweak a part's cost.

Yay, so Bio can have part prices scale, no longer free money by using very small tanks, scaling them to 5m and then removing all the fuel :D
Huh. Just tried this, and I too get a consistent crash, with a similar stack trace, but mine is upon entering the VAB. output_log.txt is about as helpful as scrying in my own entrails.

...then I remembered to install Toolbar, and it's as smooth as a fiddle. So... huh?

I'm no modder, but I noticed a lot of random crashes when using KSP 64bit on windows with (a lot of) mods. Every time the top function call in the stack trace has an address outside the 32bit range, so I'm guessing some part of KSP/Unity/some mod is not prepared for 64bit and using more mods causes that part to be pushed out of the 32bit range more often.

KSP 0.24.1 changelog:

I am slightly saddened to see they did not implement my suggestion. Sent Squad a mail a few days ago saying I'd like to have a float dryCost in Part, float moduleCost in PartModule. Would have let me implement cost handling in .cfgs without even changing a line of code. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

...as it turns out, I can make this work, with three lines of code:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = TweakScale
dryCost= 3
}

Still darned stumped by the problems with x64. Can't I at least get a bug I can reproduce on my own confuser?

While testing around I found some issue with "Allow access to a smaller size than the PartPrototype (Career)"

And as I dont even understand what I just saw, here a userstory:

DefaultParts: Food 1meter - 2nd level tech, FoodSmal 0.6m - 2nd level tech, FoodLarge 2.5m - third level tech

Plan: Hide all but "Food", move FoodSmallScaled to 1st tech level

So I modulemanagered scaling into the "Food" part (including a techRequired scale) and removed the categorys from FoodSmal & FoodLarge

Issue: without unlocking the Food part I cant even place it in the editor with the smalles scaling (what makes total sense)

AttemptedFix: modulemanagered techRequired on "Food" part to 1st level tech

Now I have the part in the editor, but once placed it spawns as (part default) non-scaled 1meter version, it shows the tweakscale menue (as 1meter), but its NOT allowing any tweaking at this point

It should:

a) allow me to scale the part down to the "already unlocked" 0.6 meter version

B) actually spawn tweaked to 0.6 as thats the only one ive unlocked yet

c) show 0.6 as current size, not 1

The attempt to launch this vessel ends in a glitched kerbin (what is okay as i dont own the 1meter yet)

Or is the fix more to start from "FoodSmall" to scale up and not from "Food"?

While testing around I found some issue with "Allow access to a smaller size than the PartPrototype (Career)"

And as I dont even understand what I just saw, here a userstory:

DefaultParts: Food 1meter - 2nd level tech, FoodSmal 0.6m - 2nd level tech, FoodLarge 2.5m - third level tech

Plan: Hide all but "Food", move FoodSmallScaled to 1st tech level

So I modulemanagered scaling into the "Food" part (including a techRequired scale) and removed the categorys from FoodSmal & FoodLarge

Issue: without unlocking the Food part I cant even place it in the editor with the smalles scaling (what makes total sense)

AttemptedFix: modulemanagered techRequired on "Food" part to 1st level tech

Now I have the part in the editor, but once placed it spawns as (part default) non-scaled 1meter version, it shows the tweakscale menue (as 1meter), but its NOT allowing any tweaking at this point

It should:

a) allow me to scale the part down to the "already unlocked" 0.6 meter version

B) actually spawn tweaked to 0.6 as thats the only one ive unlocked yet

c) show 0.6 as current size, not 1

The attempt to launch this vessel ends in a glitched kerbin (what is okay as i dont own the 1meter yet)

Or is the fix more to start from "FoodSmall" to scale up and not from "Food"?

This a bug. Actually two. Working on fixing it. Them.

Seems like the RTG bug either was not fixed like I thought or it somehow creeped up back into the code in the latest release.

cnr.png

(Source)

I can't seem to reproduce this bug. Could you post your output_log.txt or a description of how to trigger it?

Edited by Biotronic