[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

ChaosTroll,

The output log is produced from start to finish whether KSP crashes or not.

This is important information to include in any support request:

• Your KSP version
  • Your mods and versions (if any)
  • Your Operating System and version
  • Steps to cause the problem
  • Cause the problem, then quit KSP and find your output log:
    • Windows (32 bit): KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
    • Windows (64 bit): KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, find Unity on the left side, and click on Player.log. It's also located at ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log.
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I've now spent quite some time trying to replicate this, to no avail. Can you upload an output_log.txt from when you get this problem, and perhaps a .craft file? Does it happen with any and every kind of fuel tank?

For that matter, MFT does have problems with tanks in symmetry, even without TweakScale, but not of this kind.

I've just switched to 32 bit from 64 bit and have to pare down my mods a bit (even with ATM) - therefore this may take me a while to test out, if I can remember!

EDIT: Also, the fact that you were unable to replicate it makes me suspicious. My 64-bit install was horrendously unstable (used to be perfectly fine, changed at some unknown point); it's possible it was a conflict generated by some improper install I did (or edit, or deletion or whatever). I'll see if I can reproduce it though.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I'm trying to add support for changing a module's info from NFT.

The module looks like this:

MODULE
{
name = DischargeCapacitor
ChargeRatio = 1
ChargeRate = 16
DischargeRate = 800
MaximumCharge = 8000
ChargeAnimation = Capacitor_InlineMed
}

I tried adding this to ScaleExponents.cfg. But it doesn't seem like it is applying. Any thoughts?

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
ChargeRate = 2
DischargeRate = 2
MaximumCharge = 3
}

Interstellar Experimental now includes tweakscale by default. You can remove the configs from tweakscale now. :)

This fills me with joy.

I'm trying to add support for changing a module's info from NFT.

The module looks like this:

MODULE
{
ChargeRatio = 1
ChargeRate = 16
DischargeRate = 800
MaximumCharge = 8000
ChargeAnimation = Capacitor_InlineMed
}

I tried adding this to ScaleExponents.cfg. But it doesn't seem like it is applying. Any thoughts?

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
ChargeRate = 2
DischargeRate = 2
MaximumCharge = 3
}

Sadly, it is not necessarily that easy. The names in tweakscaleexponents must match those in the code, not necessarily those in the cfgs.

This fills me with joy.

Sadly, it is not necessarily that easy. The names in tweakscaleexponents must match those in the code, not necessarily those in the cfgs.

Oh.. Well I will have to ask Nertea then. Thanks

One more question though. In order to reduce the chance of overwriting ScaleExponents.cfg is there a way to add exponents to the file using MM?

Quick Question. It says LLL is supported, i cant really rescale them thought. I sent a PM to Mr Wizard, didnt get an answer yet. Can someone else hand me a working config for LLL ? Trying to rebuild some Babylon 5 Vessels ;)

Edited by mJrA

Oh.. Well I will have to ask Nertea then. Thanks

One more question though. In order to reduce the chance of overwriting ScaleExponents.cfg is there a way to add exponents to the file using MM?

You can add scaleexponents wherever you want. If it's in a .cfg file, TweakScale will find it. I just liked grouping them for convenience.

Can't help but notice that by default you can't scale the MK2 and MK3 fuselages. Also, trying to fix this resulted in the DeltaWing mysteriously failing to work with tweakscale despite being set to "free" in the squad cfg.

An update on what I mentioned earlier re: MFT + TweakScale causing strange mass problems. I have since migrated to 32-bit, and have not experienced the same problem exactly. However, I've experienced something else that may or may not have anything to do with anything.

EDIT: Actually seems like it might be vaguely related. With a different tank than below, adding in symmetry to the VAB and tweaking upward in scale caused ludicrous mass increases, then tweaking upward in scale once more caused tanks in the part to disappear. This is also hopefully captured in the output log below.

New issue: with certain parts, scaling the part up does not increase the amount of fuel/resources inside the part like it normally does. This happened for me specifically with a couple NovaPunch tanks. It is possible to simply tweak the amount of fuel to full in the VAB to solve this. Mass etc. seemed normal, unlike problem I was having before. Does not have to be in symmetry. Tweakscale 1.43, and I *think* all my other mods are updated. So many!

Parts it happened with: HH-500-A short tank, HH-500-C long tank, HH-500-B mid tank. Couldn't find any others that had the same problem, but doesn't mean they're not out there.

Possibly related, or not: Certain other parts, like the NP_interstage_375m_5m_tank interstage adapter thing, have no fuel tanks when added to the VAB. I couldn't find any problem in the MFT config for the part, or the TweakScale one, or the part itself, so I have no idea what's up with that. A tank can be added with MFT, and it seems like it has vaguely the right volume,but it doesn't begin with one.

Anyhoo, steps to replicate:

1. Put one of those tanks in VAB.

2. Scale it up: watch fuel/ox numbers not go up with the scale.

3. Put one of the interstage adapters in the VAB - no tank in it.

I have a ton of mods installed, as you'll see: here's an output_log with multiple tests of different tanks in it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_TS_MFTstuff.txt

Sorry if this has nothing to do with TweakScale, but it seems to interact with it in some way, so figured I'd post here for lack of any other ideas.

EDIT: Also thought I should mention, though you're probably aware of it already, that TweakScale works, but not optimally, with the kind of tank switching that the new B9 5.0 pre-release does. What happens is this: Add a tank to a part by cycling through its types, THEN tweakscale the part - no problem. Tweakscale the part, THEN add a tank to it by cycling - tank contains as much of Resource X as it would have at the smaller size. So long as you add tanks, THEN scale, it *seems* to work OK. Hopefully that's helpful in some way.

M-M-M-MULTI-EDIT! Apparently there are also specific parts from the new B9 packs - the low-profile adapters - that are immune to TweakScale. I have an MM patch meant to apply TweakScale to them, but no GUI element appears in the VAB.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Please add this to the NFT file:

@PART[trusslrg-adapter] // Adapter - 2.5m to Large Truss
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 2.5
}
}

Actually I just did a pull request for this change in github, hopefully you'll see it there. I also fixed the NFT hollow truss.

Alright, I'm sorry if this question has been already answered, but for me, Tweakscale is just flat out not working. I right click, and theres no scale option. My friend seems to have gotten it to work fine, and claims that there was some additional step you need to do to get the thing working.

Any help is appreciated.

Alright, I'm sorry if this question has been already answered, but for me, Tweakscale is just flat out not working. I right click, and theres no scale option. My friend seems to have gotten it to work fine, and claims that there was some additional step you need to do to get the thing working.

Any help is appreciated.

Do you have Goodspeed Aerospace installed? If so, get rid of the scale.dll from there.

If it's not that, see which mods include KSPAPIExtensions.dll, and update those.

Do you have Goodspeed Aerospace installed? If so, get rid of the scale.dll from there.

If it's not that, see which mods include KSPAPIExtensions.dll, and update those.

All the mods I am using are freshly installed. I do not have Goodspeed.

Might Magic Smoke have something to do with it?

*edit

I forgot! I tested it without Magic Smoke, and it still didn't work...

Edited by nubeees

Can someone help me please?

I am really intrigued by this mod and the many possibilities it brings, but I seem to be doing something wrong when installing the mod.

I have downloaded and extracted the mods to my gamedata folder, I checked to see if I had other mods using kspapiextensions.dll, only infernal robotics seemed to use it. so I looked online for the newest version of the kspapiextensions.dll and replaced the older version in both mods with this one. But I still don't get the option of rescaling parts when rightclicking them in the VAB or SPH. I am using 0.24.2 64 bit ksp with quite a few mods on a 64 bit windows.

I hope someone can help me, if you need more information I will gladly provide it.

And for all the modders out there: thanks for all your hard work, you've made ksp and many other games incredible.

Did you merge the Gamedata folder from the download with the Gamedata folder in your KSP install directory?

Do you have Module Manager installed?

I am really intrigued by this mod and the many possibilities it brings, but I seem to be doing something wrong when installing the mod.

I have downloaded and extracted the mods to my gamedata folder, I checked to see if I had other mods using kspapiextensions.dll, only infernal robotics seemed to use it. so I looked online for the newest version of the kspapiextensions.dll and replaced the older version in both mods with this one. But I still don't get the option of rescaling parts when rightclicking them in the VAB or SPH. I am using 0.24.2 64 bit ksp with quite a few mods on a 64 bit windows.

I hope someone can help me, if you need more information I will gladly provide it.

And for all the modders out there: thanks for all your hard work, you've made ksp and many other games incredible.

You appear to have the same problem as me...

I'm pretty sure 64 bit isn't causing the problem, but there seems to be no good reason for it not to work.

Throwing this out from a different angle... I updated TweakScale and what had been working, stopped working. Deleted the extra scale.dll from Goodspeed, TS started working again but now my staging list is all buggered... everything is off to the side like when you've selected a part but not attached it, and the debug screen is filled with errors. I *think* its TS related but I can't tell from the logs, and undoing everything I did back to the point when it was working doesn't seem to help.

And unlike some other Robin Hoods,

cary-elwes-robin-hood.jpg

I can speak with an English accent post my logs :sticktongue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpbt86d35obo611/output_log.txt?dl=0

Wow, quick response, thanks a lot guys :)

Yes, I merged them so that the tweakscale folder is within the gamedata folder. I have module manager from another mod, maybe installed from several mods.

There are about 30 files in the tweakscale folder, and a plugins folder (I tried copying the contents of this to ksp's plugins folder, this didn't work neither, so I removed these again).

Looking at the output_log.txt, I see a lot of this:

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at KWRadBattSmallS, index 0.
Node 'ModuleBatteryReliability' found in loaded data, but 'TweakScale' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleBatteryReliability in other indices..

ModuleBatteryReliability seems to be from Dang It!. I'll have a look-see at how it interacts with TweakScale and what I can do about it.

Looking at the output_log.txt, I see a lot of this:

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at KWRadBattSmallS, index 0.
Node 'ModuleBatteryReliability' found in loaded data, but 'TweakScale' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleBatteryReliability in other indices..

ModuleBatteryReliability seems to be from Dang It!. I'll have a look-see at how it interacts with TweakScale and what I can do about it.

Nope, it's not that. You do have an ungodly amount of NullReferenceExceptions from Clouds.Clouds.Update, which makes me worried.

Also, is EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements updated for 24.2? There seems to be discussion of an overhaul.

Your Deadly Reentry seems to be out of date.

Other mods that I'm not sure are updated, nor whether such an update is necessary: