[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

I suspect - SUSPECT! - that it's the heatproduction or temperature or what have you exponent in scaleexponents.cfg. I used to regularly turn that down very low in order to not have insta-overheats when scaling engines up, and if it's the wrong exponent, it would also need to be changed in order to make scaling down work right, I believe.

Alright, I'm going to try lowering the values on for heatProduction under ModuleEngines and ModuleEnginesFX. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Thank you for the reply kind sirerer.

Not sure if anyone has asked this, but I did some searching and came up empty. Is there a way to resize a part by default? As in have a selected part resized to a new default?

I'd like to use large 3.75 and 5m parts, as their texture won't get distorted at the larger sizes, but I'd like them to come out of the parts menu at 1.25m by default.

Is there a module setting that will allow this?

Is there a way to resize a part by default? As in have a selected part resized to a new default?

The only things which determine the part's initial size are the part's original scale and rescaleFactor attributes and the size of the actual model which is used for the part. When you set the TweakScale defaultScale attribute to 2.5, for example, you are telling TweakScale that when the part is at that initial size, it is a 2.5m part. This is independent of the actual size of the model in-game, meaning that you could have a pea-sized part with a defaultScale of 2.5 and tweakScale will class it as a 2.5m part. So, when you scale it to 5, it will be double the model's initial size (twice the size of a pea in this case!).

If you want to change the default size of the actual model, then change its config, adding ' @rescaleFactor = ' followed by a scaled-up or scaled-down value. You can also edit the part's scale value, but then you need to change node positions to match the altered size; rescaleFactor keeps attachment points in the right places.

Thanks for the suggestions Cosmic and Nathan.

@rescaleFactor works, but it doesn't change any resources in the part (I knew it wouldn't, but I figured I'd try it anyway). TweakScale and currentScale works, but only partially.

It will change the maximum value of the resource, but keep the default amount in the available resource. Example, I'm trying to resize the Z4K battery. Resizing it gives it an electric charge of 4000 / 500.

I could always just edit the resource to what it should be, then let tweakscale handle the resource scaling from there.

I really do wish it was this simple, but as far as I can see, tweakscale, the only mod using KSPAPIExtensions I have, is up to date...

Know what would be simple? Uploading your output_log.txt. Anyway, I'm 99% certain that's your problem. Do a search in your Gamedata for KSPAPIExtensions - if what you're saying is correct, you'll only have one.

Know what would be simple? Uploading your output_log.txt. Anyway, I'm 99% certain that's your problem. Do a search in your Gamedata for KSPAPIExtensions - if what you're saying is correct, you'll only have one.

I double checked my Gamedata folder, and the only thing with KSPAPI is Tweakscale

However, I hadn't thought of uploading my output_log. Thats not something I've had to do before.

First, dumb question! How do I even do that?

From the How To Get Support thread:

These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

I have a bug report: The 2 meter boosters from KW scale right in the VAB and mechjeb says they work, but the thrust goes back to stock when launched, giving me a 5 meter booster that cant lift it's own weight and burns for 8 minutes.

Maybe relatedly, the fuel amounts seem to not scale right, i'm using RealFuels, so that might be messing it up.

Edit: Seems to work the same with liquid engines too.

Edited by bs1110101

From the How To Get Support thread:

These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

Thanks!

https://www./?57bfu6l2g6r4c2a

Hmm.. very odd. It appears that TweakScale itself isn't loading correctly. You're quite right, there's only one KAE and both that and TS are up to date. And yet:

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Scale': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.TSGenericUpdater' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.EmitterUpdater' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'IPartCostModifier' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Tristate' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.TweakScale' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EmitterData' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClassa' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass12' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.43.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

My only suggestion is redownloading and reinstalling - it's possible the file is corrupt. The MFT and RF errors I can understand and they're fine, but TS shouldn't be throwing those errors.

Hi guys!

A bit of an update on my situation: I'm sorry for going AWOL, but I suddenly got a job offer, and started working the day after.

With work taking up 42.5 hours a week, another hour lost in traffic each day, and me doing a master's degree part-time in addition, the time I have left over to work on TweakScale has shrunk to almost nothing. I don't think this is terrible (TS is working /fairly/ well), but I'd prefer having more time.

There is an update coming, which includes a better scaling system for AttachNodes, written by frencrs. Thanks a lot! I'm not sure when I have the time to do tests and make a new release, so don't hold your breath.

Edited by Biotronic

@nubeees:

Try copying and pasting (not moving) KSP from your desktop to somewhere else. The Windows desktop has permission settings that interfere with KSP. A good place for KSP would be something like C:\Games\KSP_win\. After you've copied it over, you can delete the old copy.

@Biotronic:

Congratulations on the new job!

Hi guys!

A bit of an update on my situation: I'm sorry for going AWOL, but I suddenly got a job offer, and started working the day after.

With work taking up 42.5 hours a week, another hour lost in traffic each day, and me doing a master's degree part-time in addition, the time I have left over to work on TweakScale has shrunk to almost nothing. I don't think this is terrible (TS is working /fairly/ well), but I'd prefer having more time.

There is an update coming, which includes a better scaling system for AttachNodes, written by frencrs. Thanks a lot! I'm not sure when I have the time to do tests and make a new release, so don't hold your breath.

Woo, you're alive! Congrats on the job mate! Look forward to updates when you get round to them, ut real life first, of course :)

TweakScale uses the mass of the part at the time it updates. That is, when it's rescaled or upon loading. Module Manager happens way before that, so TweakScale will use the modified mass. This is the case for all part properties, not just mass.

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but I'm having trouble getting TS to work in my multi-mod install. I've tried TS on a clean install of KSP and it works fine but in my multi-mod install there's no 'Scale' option when right-clicking in the VAB on ANY part. Is there any known mod that can interrupt the way TS interacts with KSP? All mods are up to date as I'm checking this forum pretty much on a daily basis and I'm using the 32bit version. I would list my mods but it's quite extensive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but I'm having trouble getting TS to work in my multi-mod install. I've tried TS on a clean install of KSP and it works fine but in my multi-mod install there's no 'Scale' option when right-clicking in the VAB on ANY part. Is there any known mod that can interrupt the way TS interacts with KSP? All mods are up to date as I'm checking this forum pretty much on a daily basis and I'm using the 32bit version. I would list my mods but it's quite extensive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Lots of words, not a lot of info.

What other mods do you have (I don't care if there's a lot of them - that's pretty much exactly why you need to list them)? What do you mean 'no Scale option' - there's an empty section of the tweakable menu or there's not even that? Are all your installed mods on this list updated? Where's your output_log.txt?

What other mods do you have (I don't care if there's a lot of them - that's pretty much exactly why you need to list them)?

Apologies for any lack of info but don't normally post on here.

Here's a snip of my gamedata folder. Hope this helps

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dcexf5uwe30hk2/KSP%20Gamedata%20Folder.PNG?dl=0

What do you mean 'no Scale option' - there's an empty section of the tweakable menu or there's not even that?

http://i.imgur.com/uzqeB84.gif

The 'Scale' option in the right-click menu of each part as in this gif from the OP

Are all your installed mods on this list updated?

Yes. Everything I use on that list is up to date. I also have AVC. I know it's not included with all mods but I am almost an obsessive about keeping my mods up to date

Where's your output_log.txt?

Huh? I've no idea what this is. I'm pretty new to modding in general. I just follow instructions for installation. Tbh I'm not too fussed about it really as I could live without it but I figured if someone else ends up with this issue then it could help or maybe prevent something like this happening again