[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Huh? I've no idea what this is.

From the How To Get Support thread:

The Logs

These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

It sounds like the Modules aren't being applied to the parts or that TS is failing in some other way. The output log shows where.

Hmm, very odd... You're right, everything's up to date.. TS loads alright, applies its patches, but when it comes to actually compiling the part, it says it can't find a TweakScale node. BUT, you are getting a huge amount of errors from Snacks and Fusebox (and even AVC throws a couple) - any one of those could be interfering with TS. I'm out of my depth here, I was kinda hoping it'd be an easier problem to solve. I'm sorry I couldn't help more :/

No worries. At least you tried though and the quick response was very much appreciated :). I was thinking of getting rid of Snacks anyway and this gives me more of a reason to. I think Fusebox was updated for 24.1 so that could be the issue there. Again, thanks for trying :)

Only one ModuleManager dll(2.3.5) but I'll try downloading it again and using that when I next go to play the game

EDIT - I was reading through the OP again in case there was maybe something I missed, low and behold

Lastly, this may be caused by Goodspeed Aerospace Parts. If you have it installed, find and remove its Scale.dll file.
I haven't used Goodspeed before and it was actually one of the last mods I added to this install so I'm going to forgive myself for missing this little tidbit of information.

Sorry for wasting your time but thanks again for trying to help :)

Edited by ClLaw

Hi, having a weird bug and I'm not sure whether it is tweakscale at fault or a problem with KSP itself, hopefully someone can help.

Basically I docked a spaceplane to an orbiting station, quicksaved, then when I later reloaded this quicksave the command module had magnified in size from a 2.5 meter part to something more like a 25 m part. All other parts remain as normal (but many have been enveloped by the expanded command module, including the space plane cockpit containing several days worth of science gathering!!). See pic below.

ytqDo5U.jpg

The following is the tweakscale module for this command pod in the save file. I can't see anything obviously wrong.

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

isEnabled = True

tweakScale = 2.5

currentScale = 2.5

defaultScale = 2.5

isFreeScale = False

version = 1.43.0.0

defaultTransformScale = (6.77192, 6.77192, 6.77192)

dryCost = 11364

tweakScale_UIEditor

{

controlEnabled = True

minValue = 0.625

maxValue = 5

incrementLarge = 1.25

incrementSmall = 0.125

incrementSlide = 0.001

}

EVENTS

{

}

ACTIONS

{

}

}

This bug is going to cause many hours of wasted time if I can't find a fix, so any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Proply

I loaded my save after accidentally breaking ModuleManager. I quit and fixed it, but my rescaled parts are now floating around the wrong size. Do I have to rebuild my stations?

edit: actually, not sure whether loading without MM would have affected it, but regardless my ships have their parts restored to their original pre-tweaked sizes. Am I boned or can I fix it manually by editing my .sfs file?

Hi guys, I am using a quite modded version of KSP, and I just can't get tweakscale to work. It works just fine in clean installs, but when I install infernal robotics it stops working. Does anyone know how to get these mods to work with each other (especially since the latest versions of infernal robotics are entirely dependant on tweakscale). I have done a search and I am not using other mods that rely on KSPapiextensions.dll.

Can anyone enlighten me on what to do please?

EDIT: nevermind, I got it sorted out. It turned out a file from an earlier install of infernal robotics were mucking it up. But now it's working just fine :) time to build some giant stupid stuff!

Edited by Kimdrengen

Yeah, I just installed this awesome mod with ModuleManager and was having loads of fun messing with it (5 meter 48-7S, etc.) when suddenly I change the camera and BOOP! The camera zooms out to infinity and beyond. You can easily go to map view and back to reset it, but it would still be great to see it fixed :).

Is anyone else getting spammed by this when you reload a destroyed craft?

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Check.Source (System.Object source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.OfType[IUpdateable] (IEnumerable source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

at System.Linq.Check.Source (System.Object source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.OfType[IUpdateable] (IEnumerable source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Since it seems that it's a TweakScale bug I'll post the output log and the steps to reproduce it also here ( view zoomed out on camera mode change ):

with no other mods rather than MM_2.3.5 and Tweakscale 1.43

1. Launch craft ( at least one part must be scalable )

2. Try to change camera, all is ok

3. Revert to launch

4. Change camera and....bug

output log https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ecv2wb8kqu0nwk/output_log.zip?dl=0

EDIT: bug also present with bundled MM_2.2.1

Edited by brusura

Hi there,

I am having trouble adding tweak scale to these two parts, could you help please?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/19860-Plugin-Part-0-16-Animated-Cargo-Bay?highlight=mk3+cargo+bay

I want to make them free scaleable so i an fit slightly bigger parts in them. For some reason the code isnt allowing me to right click in the editor.

Thanks

I don't want to be a picky guy but i notice that tweakscaled parts are spewing out many Nullreference errors whenever i use tweakescaled parts.

It doesn't seem that KJR is a mod that might cause it with tweakscale because i tested out the same craft with/without KJR.

I really like the mod because it enables me to build better replica's.

Edited by MK3424

Suppose I have a custom computer core with three scales and I want to tweak the power consumed for each level of CPU by hand...

What does the config look like?

Pretend this is the PART's module:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1
}
}

I tried doing the following but it did not do anything noticeable:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = MyStack // this part works
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 1, 2, 3 // this part does not work... it always uses 1 e/s regardless of size
}
}
}

Can this have a length-only scale option? What I mean is just make a part longer but not wider. I'm thinking not only fuel tanks but cargo bays. Sometimes you get a cargo bay that's just too small, but the next larger one is too big around and too long... And 2 small cargo bays don't always work out. Can this be added as an option? So you would have scale, and length as 2 tweakables?

Thanks for the TweakScale mod. If it weren't for that mod, then the below would've been impossible. I've been working on a series of Long March rockets using different mods, such as NovaPunch, KW etc.

It's still a work in progress though.

oToVdfJ.png

Can this have a length-only scale option? What I mean is just make a part longer but not wider. I'm thinking not only fuel tanks but cargo bays. Sometimes you get a cargo bay that's just too small, but the next larger one is too big around and too long... And 2 small cargo bays don't always work out. Can this be added as an option? So you would have scale, and length as 2 tweakables?

You want the procedural-parts mod for that...

Doing it in normal parts would lead to texture-stretching and weird collision-model behaviors...

In other words, you need not only the plugin to be able to proceduraly "stretch" the parts, but also the parts' models to be specifically made to be "compatible" with the "stretching"...

Please update to 0.25.

0.25 hasn't been out but for a couple hours and you are asking for an update. COME ON. Give people some time. If I had the ability, I'd make sure you didn't see an update for a month.

Hey there, I'm using the latest tweakscale and NEAR. None of the wings update lift in the VAB when scaling them. I've tried stock wings, spaceplane+ wings, none of them scale lift, from what I'm seeing. I can have an itty bitty wing provide just as much lift as a max sized one.

It is possible the VAB doesn't update, but that doesn't seem to be the case

You want the procedural-parts mod for that...

Doing it in normal parts would lead to texture-stretching and weird collision-model behaviors...

In other words, you need not only the plugin to be able to proceduraly "stretch" the parts, but also the parts' models to be specifically made to be "compatible" with the "stretching"...

Thanks! That IS what I needed for tanks!