[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

I am having trouble adding tweak scale to these two parts, could you help please?

Are those parts even working? It seems they are pretty old. It might be a configuration file issue, as they changed a bit and added some values.

Great this works again. Unfortunately dtobi's Special Parts haven't been updated to work with the new TS. IT sounds like this is a simple config tweak issue. Could anyone take a quick look and explain to me what needs tweaking to get them working again? They show up fine in the VAB, just no size options. Linky:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84224-Klockheed-Martian-Special-Parts-V2-1-1-23-Aug-Dev-Thread-Wet-workshop-bugfix/page22

Hey guys,

I'm using 1.43 and I'm encountering a major annoyance in 0.24.2 which I can't make sense of. Basically, I tweak an engine in the VAB and everything's fine and dandy. MechJeb is happy and gives me a sensible TWR for the rescaled engine. I'm using real fuels and all sorts, but it all seems happy. With high hopes I then proceed to the launchpad and the ship loads with the engine visibly rescaled, so far so good. I launch. 30g! It appears that the tweak engine loads in with original physics rather than the rescaled model. My pre-launch MechJeb readings confirm this. Consequently I end up with insane an TWR etc. and my gameplay is ruined. I run a fairly extensive mod but I don't run anything obscure. I'm therefore hoping this a known issue and that you guys can fashion me with some much needed help?

Point of interest, this problem does not occur with the "Little Mother" engine although that's the only exception I've discovered so far.

Mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5x1we94my6v226/Screenshot%202014-10-11%2009.51.10.png?dl=0

Output Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw1wwx358u3agpq/output_log.txt?dl=0

If this is a known issue with a simple fix please, please let me know. If not any thoughts would be be highly appreciated. I've been working forever trying to construct a perfect enhanced realism mod. This is the final hurdle. All I need is Tweakscale to function and then I can finally waste the rest of my life playing KSP.

Thanks

J

TweakScale and RealFuels engines are not compatible. This is why RF removes the TweakScale module from all engines that are RF-enabled. Did you add scaling back?

I will deal with it at some point, but I have not yet had a chance to do so. In most cases, however, since the engines are either 100% real, or 100% realistic but from an alternate history, it doesn't make sense to make them scalable.

Hi,

I installed this addon because Infernal Robotics said I need it. However, when this mod is installed and I go to make a new ship in the VAB I lose all UI functionality after I add a command module. I can't rotate the view, I cant exit the VAB, I can't remove the command module. The only thing I can do is click to add a part but when I click the part, instead of being able to drag it it just appears behind the part list and I lose control of it.

Hey,

Having a small issue, not going to flag it up as a bug, because I'm not totally sure it's even a problem.

Basically, I modified the tweakscale settings to add in a few extra sizes. No problems there, the parts appear, and scale exactly as they should.

However, this seems to cause far more lag than it otherwise would. I'm getting a slideshow with a 109 part ship.

I tried reinstalling KSP, and forgot to change the tweakscale settings to add my new sizes. The parts on this ship reverted to their original sizes, which gave me a weird, disjointed-looking ship, but the game speed was right back to where it should have been. I changed the default sizes.txt to add in my desired sizes, and was back to a slideshow again, even with no extra part count.

Is this a known issue with tweakscale, where having more sizes, or larger sizes, slows down the game, even if the part count stays low?

Mods.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhtj1ojkwbjx3kp/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edit: Ignore the outdated module manager, the same problem happens with the latest version, I tried rolling back to the one packaged with my version of tweakscale to see if that made a difference.

An odd issue I was having last night, I installed the current version but I kept getting an NRE with TweakScale in the VAB/SPH. It prevents me from moving or selecting parts beyond the first and I can't move the camera. At work now, will send output_log.txt when I have time.

Hey guys, I'm building a highly optimised modded install of KSP and and know I'm going to have to do this a number of times so, I'm building an installation toolkit just for myself. However, there's every possibility that some basic tools will come of this that other people will be able to use.

If you're interested in integrating TAC Life Support with Tweakscale in your v0.25 build then grab TacTweak.

Hi,

I am having issues with the interaction to ModularFuelTanks.

They are not scaling when using tweakscale (parts are scaling, bot not the volume).

I have re-installed both MFT and Tweakscale (since the newest versions state that they should support each other) but still no luck.

In the help text in the OP it states: "Modular Fuel Tanks and Real Fuels are supported via TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks and TweakScale_RealFuels." However, the TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.cfg seems to be missing.

looking at the ScaleExponents.cfg, there is a section for RealFuels:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks

basemass = 3
basemassPV = 3
totalVolume = 3
volume = 3
fuelList
{
amount = 3
maxAmount = 3
}
}

There is however no section for MFT without Realfuels. (or should that be covered by the same section as for RF?)

I have also noted that in the RealFuels download, there is a TweakScale_RealFuels.dll. No such file is present for the MFT download. could this be the culprit?

I realize this issue may be as much of an MFT issue as a TweakScale issue, but since they should support each other I was hoping I could get some help to sort this out.

Thanks!

Attached here for your pleasure, mk2 tweakscale.

@PART[mk2CargoBayL]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2CargoBayS]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2_1m_Bicoupler]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2_1m_AdapterLong]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2SpacePlaneAdapter]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard] // cheaty
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2CrewCabin] // cheaty
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2DockingPort] // add universal docking node here?
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2DroneCore]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2FuselageLongLFO]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2FuselageShortLiquid]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2FuselageShortLFO]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[mk2FuselageShortMono]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[shockConeIntake]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}
}

@PART[IntakeRadialLong]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface

}
}
}

So I just recently got this mod and one thing I noticed is that when I scale Kethane drills it doesn't scale how much it drills per second and its power consumption rate how could where and how would I edit the files to fix this. other than that love this mod, Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I got it to scale power usage but still no luck on the amount of kethane/sec.

Edited by TrevorMcNeill

Can I make a request? That the part cost scaling gets reduced? For example, scaling up the 0.625m IRW to 1.25 make it go from 600 to 4800 - for comparison, the normal 1.25 IAS is 1200. That means the rescaled part is 4x more expensive than the standard size part. That is insane. For me, TweakScale is supposed to create more opportuniies and uses for parts, but as I pretty much only play career, making parts 4 times as expensive than their counterparts makes no sense.

Even for things that have no counterpart - like dtobi's SSE mod. Making the largest fuel tank, a 3.75m wide one, to a 5m wide one turns it from 6091 funds to 14440. Yeah, it's not 4x like before, but it's only the next step up i.e 1.3 times as wide but it costs over 2 times as much. 3.75m is 3/4 of 5, so it should only really be between 7613.75 (6091[cost of 3.75m tank]*1.25 so that would make it exactly the same amount as a 'normally' scaled 5m tank) and 11420 (3.75m/4 = 0.9375m, (0.9375m)*2 = 1.875m, 3.75m+1.875m = 5.625m) which ends up a little over 5m.. as we're aiming for balance, yeah, keep it a little bit more expensive than what it would normally be but not prohibitively so..

Disclaimer: If my maths make no sense/is wrong, sorry but I've a few too many Captain Morgans and it makes sense to me right now. Please don't ask me to explain it tomorrow because I'll likely look at it and think 'what on Kerbin was I thinking...'.

Can I make a request? That the part cost scaling gets reduced? For example, scaling up the 0.625m IRW to 1.25 make it go from 600 to 4800 - for comparison, the normal 1.25 IAS is 1200. That means the rescaled part is 4x more expensive than the standard size part. That is insane. For me, TweakScale is supposed to create more opportuniies and uses for parts, but as I pretty much only play career, making parts 4 times as expensive than their counterparts makes no sense.

Even for things that have no counterpart - like dtobi's SSE mod. Making the largest fuel tank, a 3.75m wide one, to a 5m wide one turns it from 6091 funds to 14440. Yeah, it's not 4x like before, but it's only the next step up i.e 1.3 times as wide but it costs over 2 times as much. 3.75m is 3/4 of 5, so it should only really be between 7613.75 (6091[cost of 3.75m tank]*1.25 so that would make it exactly the same amount as a 'normally' scaled 5m tank) and 11420 (3.75m/4 = 0.9375m, (0.9375m)*2 = 1.875m, 3.75m+1.875m = 5.625m) which ends up a little over 5m.. as we're aiming for balance, yeah, keep it a little bit more expensive than what it would normally be but not prohibitively so..

Disclaimer: If my maths make no sense/is wrong, sorry but I've a few too many Captain Morgans and it makes sense to me right now. Please don't ask me to explain it tomorrow because I'll likely look at it and think 'what on Kerbin was I thinking...'.

You could edit the TweakScale CFG to reflect your custom changes if you like.

I didn't like how certain things scaled with IR so I added fields so it would scale MY way.