[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Hey, firstly great work and I appreciated the work done here, this is something that should belong to stock KSP to reduce part clutter and provide useful API for modders.

I don't know if anyone actually pointed this out already, but the scale 62,5 cm is actually not correct.... it should be either 0,625m or 625cm. (centimeters as in cent meters...)

Could you provide a full documented for the config types, the examples are ok but are sort of lacking in explanation. Thanks and Cheers

Hey guys, thanks for this awesome mod! I have one thing. I want to make the max scale higher. So say, instead of being capped at 5 meters, I could have a 10 meter engine, or 20 meter. How would I edit the file to do that?

Hey, firstly great work and I appreciated the work done here, this is something that should belong to stock KSP to reduce part clutter and provide useful API for modders.

I don't know if anyone actually pointed this out already, but the scale 62,5 cm is actually not correct.... it should be either 0,625m or 625cm. (centimeters as in cent meters...)

Could you provide a full documented for the config types, the examples are ok but are sort of lacking in explanation. Thanks and Cheers

62.5cm is 0.625m. One cm is one one-hundredth of a meter, as you point out. 62.5 hundredths (which is to say 62.5cm) is 0.625, or 62.5%, of one (1.0) meter. 625cm is 6.25 (six and one quarter) meters.

Hey guys, thanks for this awesome mod! I have one thing. I want to make the max scale higher. So say, instead of being capped at 5 meters, I could have a 10 meter engine, or 20 meter. How would I edit the file to do that?

Check the scaletypes configs in the main TweakScale directory - you'll find the name of commonly-used types, like "stack" or "free", and you can add/change values there.

62.5cm is 0.625m. One cm is one one-hundredth of a meter, as you point out. 62.5 hundredths (which is to say 62.5cm) is 0.625, or 62.5%, of one (1.0) meter. 625cm is 6.25 (six and one quarter) meters.

Ohhhhh yeahhh, sorry. I think I mixed it up, 62,5 is rather small, I think mixed up comparing it to real world...

Check the scaletypes configs in the main TweakScale directory - you'll find the name of commonly-used types, like "stack" or "free", and you can add/change values there.

I changed all of the freescale values to "true" and it still is capped at 5 meters.

Yes I know TweakScale is not promised to work perfectly with Ferram Aerospace Research, but I'll report the annoyance I've found nevertheless.

TLDR: weird things happen to rescaled wings when using them in subassemblies.

To reproduce, run a clean 0.25 32-bit install with newest FAR (at this time v0.14.3.2) and TweakScale (v1.44), preferrably with some other mod able to display masses for individual parts (I'm using Kerbal Engineer v1.0.10). Go to VAB and pick an OKTO probe core as a root part for the new vehicle. Then place a RC-L01 core on top of it. Attach a AV-T1 Winglet to the size of the large core - note the displayed mass of the winglet: 88kg. Downscale it to 70% - KE overlay now should display a mass of 17kg. Now grab the large probe core with the winglet and create a subassembly out of them.

[Warning]: [Part]: PartModule FARBasicDragModel at probeStackLarge, index 5: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.

Looking for FARBasicDragModel in other indices...

[Error]: ...no FARBasicDragModel module found on part definition. Skipping...

[Log]: Unnamed loaded!

[Log]: deleting part winglet

[Log]: deleting part probeStackLarge

[Log]: deleting part winglet(Clone)

[Log]: deleting part probeStackLarge(Clone)

Now bring this subassembly back and attach it again on top of the OKTO. Check the mass of the winglet: it should say 88kg instead of the previously calculated 17, which we'd normally expect to get. The same warning/error messages appear upon loading of the subassembly.

Should I report it to FAR thread instead, or is it a TweakScale issue?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this anomaly occurs with other wing-type objects, too (tested with Swept Wing, AV-R8 Winglet, Tail Fin, Delta-Deluxe Winglet and Wing Connector Type B). Masses for all other parts are recalculated properly (as I believe they're calculated upon loading of the part - since there's no data field in a .craft file for mass).

Edited by Reddy

Hello! Im getting a serious issues while running this addon, it used to work fine, but now, after I chose the main part, any other parts Il choose will get stack near the menu and wont move, Im aswell unable to move in the VAB nor rotate/click anything while running tweakscale, Ive tried looking in the last few pages but its seems its happening to me only? can its be because I am using 64 bit KSP? also, if the part is an engine (SRB or liquid engine) its appear that they have their fire animation... thanks

Suboptimal interactions with Procedural Parts

I found out the hard way.

LoathsomeCriminalHawk.gif

I was building a space station, the core module and life support module were stable. Then I brought up the power modules (on the same craft), they were identical, made out of two docking ports, a procedural structural fuselage and 4 TweakScaled NearFuture Trio solar panels (and RCS thrusters + monoprop attached using separators).

I docked the first one, everything was looking good, I docked the second one, lookin' good. I returned to the space center, built the fuel module (which was never launched) and then went back to the space station. Then this happened.

Disclaimer: I am only assuming that it was the reaction between ProceduralParts and TweakScale as it stopped when I F9ed and quickly undocked the solar modules. Also, there are know issues between the interactions of TweakScaled and ProceduralParts.

Edited by PhaserArray

@PhaserArray:

That's a stock bug.

For an example of suboptimal interactions, try stacking a procedural part onto a scaled part.

It seems to be the case, I have noticed the part displacement before, I thought this was a more extreme case of this with radial attachment. I recreated the event (aka quickload) and [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid! appears three times.

I just installed FTT (freight transport technologies) and now tweakscale, also FAR have stopped working properly, I made no other changes, just installed the mod. I posted on the FTT forum, and was told there's no way it could conflict, must be tweakscale. So although I made no tweakscale (or far) changes, I thought I better ask in here to sew if anyone knows of why I might be getting a conflict...

Basically the issue is I've now got no tweakscale, scaling, options, previous saved ships have no tweakscaled parts either. Far also seems to have lost all of its adjustable options too (wing weights /strengths etc.) Any idea what this could be?

I changed all of the freescale values to "true" and it still is capped at 5 meters.

It's not quite that simple. If we look at the example in the opening post:

SCALETYPE
{
name = MyMod
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 0.5, 1.0, 2.0
scaleNames = Small, Medium, Large
defaultScale = 1.0
}

There are two important lines here, marked scaleFactors and scaleNames. scaleFactors is the different sizes available, in relation to defaultScale. scaleNames is simply the names of each available size. So we could add more sizes:

SCALETYPE
{
name = MyMod
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = [b]0.25, [/b]0.5, 1.0, 2.0[b], 4.0[/b]
scaleNames = [b]Tiny, [/b]Small, Medium, Large[b], Huge[/b]
defaultScale = 1.0
}

Now we have five sizes instead of 3.

I installed last night, and found my game experienced massive issues:

Upon loading a pre-made 'load' craft in the assembly shed, after removing a part I could no longer attach any parts.

I then tried assembling a new craft - after selecting a command unit and attaching several parts, it then reverted to not attaching any parts.

After restarting the game, and repeating this process a number of times, I then got weird anomalies - I loaded a pre-made craft, and the rocket engines all started in the assembly shed, exhausting out sideways like a roman candle or katherine wheel (entertaining, but odd).

I then started the process of removing mods, individually, checking for anomalies, then re-installing individually and checking, etc. Whatever the conflict, it appeared to be triggered by Tweakscale, as without it the game is sweet. I'll post a mod list shortly.

It's not quite that simple. If we look at the example in the opening post....

Hey biotronic, any idea how to fix my problem? thats pretty much hold me from playing, thanks!

quote:

"Hello! Im getting a serious issues while running this addon, it used to work fine, but now, after I chose the main part, any other parts Il choose will get stack near the menu and wont move, Im aswell unable to move in the VAB nor rotate/click anything while running tweakscale, Ive tried looking in the last few pages but its seems its happening to me only? can its be because I am using 64 bit KSP? also, if the part is an engine (SRB or liquid engine) its appear that they have their fire animation... thanks

"

Hey biotronic, any idea how to fix my problem? thats pretty much hold me from playing, thanks!

Repeating the same question without having gone through all the steps in the How To Get Support sticky thread isn't going to get you far (specifically, replicate it on 32bit with no other mods - that way, you can be sure it's a TS bug. If you still can do it, provide log files).

Repeating the same question without having gone through all the steps in the How To Get Support sticky thread isn't going to get you far (specifically, replicate it on 32bit with no other mods - that way, you can be sure it's a TS bug. If you still can do it, provide log files).

well, he kinda asnwered others few times and maybe didnt saw mine, Il do it quick,

given the how to get help quickly topic

1. It is up to date, *

2. my addons are installed correctly, *

3. I did, didnt found anyone else that had it

4. Im using 64 bits, its happening in 32 aswell though

5. Im using 64

6. I tried googling it, didnt found anything

reporting the issue:

1. logs, got none of those, it doesnt seems to be "error"

2. how to mkae it? simple, no matter what I do, when I get into the VAB, choosing first part, everything will get bugged, (Im unable to move/remove/add new parts, if Im choosing an engine - its animation will display but still not move)

3. I did tried, I runned only Squad and ARM missions pack, still happent, Im not sure why... thats why im asking in here

sorry that I dont have time to expand, but really, thats pretty much it! :)

well, he kinda asnwered others few times and maybe didnt saw mine, Il do it quick,

Or maybe he was unable to answer it because it was basically 'it doesn't work for me - why not?'.

I can't replicate the issue on my end, and as you said, no-one else has reported it, so something is wrong on your end. I would like to help you with this, but you're not providing enough information for me to do that. Please read that sticky again carefully and then reply. I can't help you further until you do. If it helps, copy one of the example bug reports and fill in your own details (one thing the sticky doesn't say is to make sure you're using the latest copy of KSP as well).

As for not having any logs, look again. That thread has clear instructions where to find them and I assure you, the one I would like you to post exists.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I'm getting issues with spanners boomsticks(BD armory part pack) and even some weird stuff with stock parts involving spaceplane symmetry, the part that I'm not holding will be huge on one side unless I make the original part scaled up a bit. Oh, it might not be tweakscale, but it seems a likely culprit and I don't think anything else could mess with sizes.

Edited by Solarspaceprobe
extra details

I am getting an incompatibility with KWRocketry...

I don't know why, but everytime I use this plugin together with the parts, they look smaller than original (the graphic). The attachment nodes are the same, but the engine "itself" gets smaller. I already tried this 3x time, and I get the same error if I use ith with TweakScale.

Mabye there's a little bugfix needed?

I am getting an incompatibility with KWRocketry...

I don't know why, but everytime I use this plugin together with the parts, they look smaller than original (the graphic). The attachment nodes are the same, but the engine "itself" gets smaller. I already tried this 3x time, and I get the same error if I use ith with TweakScale.

Mabye there's a little bugfix needed?

Sounds like you need to either update KWRocketry (clean reinstall, obv) or not use the engines as the first part. I use both KWR and TS with zero problems.