[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Version 1.48 spams this at the very beginning of my logfile. What does it mean? I'm using Linux64bit, 0.90:

The class TweakScale.ScaleConfig could not be loaded, used in Scale, Version=1.44.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

The class TweakScale.TweakScaleEditor could not be loaded, used in Scale_Editor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

The class TweakScale.TweakScaleEditor could not be loaded, used in Scale_Editor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Eh, I should just remove Scale_Editor.dll form the release. It wasn't really supposed to be there in the first place. Anyways, it's not an important dll - if it bothers you, just delete it.

Hi Biotronic - or someone else who knows: I had a question about technology tree interaction with TweakScale.

I know you can already write a SCALETYPE that defines particular tech nodes at which given scaleFactors are unlocked (or at least I think that's possible.. isn't it?).

The question is this: is it possible to determine how much scaling either up or down (as opposed to which specific sizes) can be done according to unlocked tech nodes? I hope I can explain this decently - maybe an example or two will help, because I don't really know how to phrase this so it's not ambiguous what I'm talking about.

Assume you have a SCALETYPE with "scaleFactors = 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0" and a part whose defaultScale is 3.

Right now, you could, for that scaletype, define tech nodes that unlock particular scaleFactors. Heavy Rocketry could be required in order to scale the part to size 4, for example.

However, that also means that if you apply that SCALETYPE to another part, but one with defaultScale 2, it too can scale to size 4 when Heavy Rocketry is researched - in other words, unlocking that same tech node allows you to double the scale of the size 2 part, whereas you can only increase the size 3 part's scale by 33%.

Is it instead possible to define a number of steps up and/or down a part with a given scaletype can be scaled, regardless of the size at which it starts - without having to write a custom scaletype for every original size of part?

Example: unlocking Heavy Rocketry allows one step up in the scaletype you've defined, no matter what scale the part starts at. So a part of defaultSCale 1 may now be scaled to size 2, a part starting at defaultScale 3 can become 4, etc., but a part with defaultScale 1.0 can't be scaled to 4.0 anymore.

Anyhow, I thought that'd be a really powerful way of limiting what kind of scaling you could do (and WAY easier than writing tons and tons of custom scaletypes) according to tech progression. Can this be done right now? Is it something you'd be interested in?

Finally, I have rewritten SCALETYPES and configs and whatnot for tons and tons of mods with what for my own personal purposes I consider more versatile scales (mass = 2.5 or 2.6 rather than 3 for engines, 2.2 for really hollow parts, more increments for the surface scaletype, stuff like that). I'm happy to rewrite and share some configs and some SCALETYPES, but would you be interested in expanding how the default SCALETYPES you include right now work (stack, free, surface etc.)? I.e. is that something I should clean up and send to you - would you want to use stuff like that, or do you prefer it more how it is now?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I made a new release. Nothing but bugfixes this far. Should fix funk's bug, saving of toggle states (Autoscaling and Scale Chaining), and the Free scaletype. Also, .90 style offsets are scaled now, but there seems to be some problems.

Thanks for all your work on this Biotronic, do you have a paypal etc for donations?

Having an issue with the latest release, 1.49. When I initially launch a vessel, everything will work fine. However, if I revert to launch (I think this also occurs if I quicksave/quickload, but I haven't tested that yet), the core of my rocket (the Mk1 Lander Can in the image below) will revert to it's default size.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The issue with moving offsets on scaled parts isn't fixed - but it's better than it was before. It just reverts back when you click a bit a bit off from where it was instead of way off.

I've also been seeing that core reverting to another size on its own as well. Though for me its reverted to the smallest size.

Edited by innociv

First.

Cost should not go 1:1 proportionally to scale. 0.5:1 would be more appropriate logically (cost of works, cost to hire/assign crew to build, cost of metalwork stay the same, only cost of raw materials increase, that never warrants 1:1 cost increase). I mean, really? cost of plane goes from 65k to 195k, which is ludicrous.

Second.

saved planes get broken node segments.

screenshot137.png

Looks all handy.

But look now

screenshot138.png

screenshot139.png

Srsly. what the f###?

The node placement issue was already reported in the post before yours, except with better manners.

Enlighten me as to how my post was bad mannered.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the node scaling issue would have been reported on an earlier version and not the current one (1.49).

Found a small bug in the .90 release. Rescalled parts (IE the Poodle shrunk down to 1.25m) are still assumed to have their default mass by the new in-game information panel. Thus a vessel with shrunk parts could be wrongly prevented from launching.

Edit: further testing seems to show that this only happens when the part is auto-scaled to a smaller size. Also, removing the part and placing it back on the craft will update the mass and and cause everything to work as expected.

Edited by hawkwing

Enlighten me as to how my post was bad mannered.

Also, as far as I'm aware, the node scaling issue would have been reported on an earlier version and not the current one (1.49).

Wasn't responding to you... Was responding to the post directly above mine.

I am using tweakscale 1.48 I have been trying to trace an issue with launching planes from the SPH either it wont load or the rocket wont work at all using the stock Aries vessels well any plane actually so far. I have just got to installing one at a time and when I installed tweakscale it breaks the SPH but not the VAB. I removed it all works fine may be a bug but it may be conflicting with another mod has anyone had this issue or can anyone help me fix it or find the cause?

I found 1.49 it seemed to work but after a little playing it did it again I am going to have to try again tomorrow but if any one know which mods are conflicting that would help thanks

Edited by KoolBreeze420
Updateed issue

Ive got cubic struts, module girder section, linear rcs, stratus v cylinder mono propelant tanks, illuminators and b9 airbrakes all scalled down to at least one pixel and anytime i try to rescale or move or click on the part, it moves put the sph, ive got a clamp o tron on the girders and when i press on it, the clamp o tron attached to it and the other girders on the shuttle all dissapere or move out the SPH and in flight, all those parts break off and in the .craft file, the parts are saying the current scale of the part is normal-sized, can anyone help please? Ive checked all the tweakscale configs and all the parts ive used are all in the tweakscale folder, my mod did the same thing until i added a tweak scale config

OK, so Tweakscale just decided to re-size a part in-flight. At the moment, I'm using version 1.48, but since the Changelog doesn't mention it, I assume the bug still exists in the most recent version.

A 9-ton, 2.5m tank was re-sized to 0.625m when I docked my vessel to an other vessel. The radially attached RCS thrusters were moved inwards, but the rest of the ship remained unchanged. When I entered timewarp, the RCS thrusters were moved back out. The amount of fuel was properly scaled (divided by 64) (which is pretty frustrating). The tank was attached to a proper 0.625m Monoprop tank and a 1.25m Engine. I have no idea how to reproduce this.

Here are images of the craft in the VAB and after the incident:

jrR6Roq.png

PYp7pzD.png

No messages appeared in my F3 log; the full multi-megabyte player.log can be found here.

I do have the following mods installed:

DangIt 0.5.3.1

KAS

Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler 1.4.2

PreciseNode 1.1.2

Trajectories 1.0.0

Deadly Reentry

Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.0.6.0

Infernal Robotics 0.19.3

ProcFairings 3.11

TweakScale 1.48

Ferram Aerospace Research 0.14.5

Kerbal Engineer 1.0.13.1

Navball Docking Alignment Indicator 6

RealChute Parachute Systems 1.2.6.1

The fuel tank is the core part of the vessel; when I attached the tiny RCS tank on top of it, it was re-scaled to 2.5m (which I undid).

Edited by mic_e

I've upgraded tweakscale (well, and KSP) and tweakscale now scales the parts by default: if I put a rockomax 48-7s engine below a 1.25m tank, the engine will be placed scaled up to 1.25 m. Is there a way to prevent this?

I've encountered an interesting but to TweakScale existance described http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104141-Ship-freaks-out-on-reload .

TL;DR version: On restarting the game and entering any craft it is encountering some very interesting forces that tear the ship apart, spinning wildly and messing staging ( for the looks of it - just proceeding till the end ).

Quick bug report: ALT-clicking to duplicate a part that's been scaled results in incorrect node placement - the nodes are where they would be for the original part size, not the scaled size of what was duplicated. (1.49)

Steps:

1. Place part, scale it up or down

2. Alt-click to duplicate: look at node positions

I've upgraded tweakscale (well, and KSP) and tweakscale now scales the parts by default: if I put a rockomax 48-7s engine below a 1.25m tank, the engine will be placed scaled up to 1.25 m. Is there a way to prevent this?

I am also looking for this as I prefer to scale things manually - does anyone know of a work around/config/fix/tweak?

Quick bug report: ALT-clicking to duplicate a part that's been scaled results in incorrect node placement - the nodes are where they would be for the original part size, not the scaled size of what was duplicated. (1.49)

Steps:

1. Place part, scale it up or down

2. Alt-click to duplicate: look at node positions

Having the same issue with 1.49. The previous version (1.48) didn't have this issue, but at least 1.49 seems to fix the bug where craft would explode when loaded, seemingly due to parts intersecting somehow.