[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Having the same issue with 1.49. The previous version (1.48) didn't have this issue, but at least 1.49 seems to fix the bug where craft would explode when loaded, seemingly due to parts intersecting somehow.

The spinning and tearing apart when loading a manned vessel looked entertaining though.

@Deadpan

In tweakscale config ( xml files down in plugindata i think) you can set the key for both shortcut. By default its Atl-L and Alt-K, to toggle chainscalling and autoscalling, I'm not sure you can change them though. The author is aware of these issues and he told somewhere earlier to toggle them off when you start the game for now as they are buggy.

The spinning and tearing apart when loading a manned vessel looked entertaining though.

Indeed. In my case there were also 4 nervas which somehow had their exaust spouting out the sides. Tho entertaining, this was a bit of a safety hazard.

Indeed. In my case there were also 4 nervas which somehow had their exaust spouting out the sides. Tho entertaining, this was a bit of a safety hazard.

For my multi-stage craft in orbit it looked like all the engines on the way had their exhaust running (though with no thrust) straight and sideways, aswell as all the decouplers had an aura of repeatable "poofs" of gas. Glorious.

-Snip-

Smoketh mind your language pls.

Read This

1. Use of vulgarity, profanity and any technique that skirts the language filter;

Please update this, its messing with my crafts

Updated to the latest build from github in releases?

Edited by Joshwoo69
Sparklyfox reply

Now I'm not a dev, an admin, nor a programmer, I haven't programmed stuff since BASIC on my Commodore 64, but there are a few things I would like to mention after reading the last few pages. I've tested these things a little bit over a few installs, and this is my two cents.

Firstly, I maybe very wrong here, but due to the changes between versions, such as autoscaling, any craft/saved game created using 1.44 or earlier will be incompatable with 1.47 and 1.48. It's just a hunch but you may have to remake a craft from scratch if you are still playing in KSP 0.25 and upgraded from 1.44. Tweakscale works, but it doesn't act friendly with craft made using older versions. Also, the same can be said for using older craft in the newest version.

Secondly, several people are using pre KSP 0.90.0 builds of Tweakscale in KSP 0.90.0. The front page clearly states that 1.49 is the new version for the new game. Please use the right version of the mod in the right version of the game, and do not use any mod in x64 KSP, as most mods do not support 64bit. Otherwise the author may skim these pages, see all these issues, and think there is a particular problem with his current build when there infact is not. It's Christmas and it's not fair on Biotronic to give him a load of unnecessary work. I'm sure there are issues with the current version of Tweakscale, I'm not denying that, which is why it's important to limit the amount of "incorrect posts" so those with legitimate issues can be tended to, and those bugs can be fixed more efficiently.

Thirdly, it's the holidays, expect updates to be slow. Be understanding, guys.

Lastly, an alarming amount of "requests" for help seem to be overly agressive, discourteous and just plain feckless. "It don't work" and "It's broke" doesn't constitute useful information. And neither do posts that rant and rave, when they are asking for help from strangers that they are relying on to solve their problems. An elderly person, wanting aid to cross a street, will not pound someone to the ground with their walking stick and scream into the face of their would be saviour. Treat people how you would like to be treated, yeah?

Any combination of these comments, and many other aspects I'm sure, could potentially derail any possibility of updates and support. Mod authors do this because they want to make content, they do not get paid, they have no responsibility to the community at large. Any mod author is well within their right to one day simply say "screw it, I'm done" and that will be that, no more fancy cool mod. It is not their day job, and many pour hours into coding for a game ontop of having a full time job and having a family. Be considerate, folks.

For what it's worth, I'm using a "muck about" install of 0.90.0 with a few mods in there, updating as they are available, with a new temporary career game, with all newly constructed ships, and I am having zero problems with Tweakscale.

Edited by Lei07

Asking for an update every day won't make it come any quicker.

First one i wasnt asking i was saying, and also 148 amd 149 versions both dont work, secodaly it wasnt every day and the second time was an accident, my ipad froze and i never got to finish what i was saying and it somehow resent

Edited by SparkyFox

Anyone requesting fixes or updates to mods should follow the guidelines in the How to Get Support sticky in the Support (modded installs) forum. The information requested in that post makes it a lot easier for mod authors to find and fix problems:

• Describe precise steps to reproduce the problem.
  • Provide your output_log.txt or Player.log.
  • List all mods you have installed.
    • Reproduce the problem with only one mod installed, if possible
    • Include version numbers (e.g., TweakScale 1.49)

[*]Detail your platform information:

• Operating system (e.g., Mac OS X 10.9.5)
    • KSP version (e.g., KSP 0.90 64-bit for Linux)

[*]Include videos or screenshots for any visible bugs.

In addition to the above, make sure you have read the OP of each mod and at least the last 20 posts of the forum thread.

SO far this mod doesn't work with interstellar 0.13 well it sorta works but you can't launch spaceplanes from the SPH :(

As for the spaceplane problem it only occurs with interstellar tested mods so far are any chance it can be made to work with interstellar again?

000_Toolbar

000_USITools

ActiveTextureManagement

BahaSP

Chatterer

CIT

CleverWalrus

CommunityResourcePack

CrewFiles

CustomAsteroids

DeadlyReentry

Diazo

DMagic Orbital Science

Engineer

ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

FASA

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

HaystackContinued

JSI

KAS

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kethane

Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

MissionControllerEC

MP_Nazari

NASAmission

NovaPunch2

QuantumStrutsContinued

RealChute

Regolith

RN_US_Probes

Romfarer

RSSBuild

SCANsat

SmokeScreen

Squad

StageRecovery

TacFuelBalancer

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace

TriggerTech

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

WombatConversions

Edited by KoolBreeze420

@Deadpan

In tweakscale config ( xml files down in plugindata i think) you can set the key for both shortcut. By default its Atl-L and Alt-K, to toggle chainscalling and autoscalling, I'm not sure you can change them though. The author is aware of these issues and he told somewhere earlier to toggle them off when you start the game for now as they are buggy.

These combinations do nothing for me. No matter how much I press Alt-L and Alt-K parts keep rescaling automatically.

Maybe its possible to make 1.44 compatible with 0.90 somehow?

Edit: ok, it's Ctrl-L and Ctrl-K.

Edited by Corovaneer

These combinations do nothing for me. No matter how much I press Alt-L and Alt-K parts keep rescaling automatically.

It's Ctrl+L/K:

The option is there, and is mentioned in the OP. Ctrl+L and Ctrl+K will disable Autoscale and Chain Scaling, respectively. To temporarily disable them, hold Left Shift while placing parts or changing scale.
Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

The strange thing is that I don't think I've been experiencing the wandering nodes issue until last night, and nothing in my install has changed. I suspect I've just not run into the issue before now, but it's suddenly grinded my current mission to a halt since I need a tiny .625m sounding-style rocket to get temperature data from high altitudes several km away without having advanced-supersonic tech yet. Tweakscale has become pretty integral to my KSP experience, so I'll be more than willing to wait!

Merry Christmas Bio, hope you're doing well!

I've recently experienced the "ships freak out on load" bug, when the ships fly apart, and with the misplaced engine exhaust and all that. I'm not sure if Tweakscale is to blame or not, but I've come up with a workaround for whatever it is. When loading up the game, BEFORE you go to the tracking center to load your ship, go to the VAB first. You don't need to do anything there, just go there and then go back to the space center. Then you can go to the tracking center and load your ship and it won't fly apart.

I suspect that some module isn't initializing properly when we go straight to the ship from a new game load. Going to the VAB first initializes it properly, and then works fine. But that's just a guess.

There is a problem with TweakScale and FAR if you use cockpits with air intakes (Mark 4 Cockpit). If you start your ship and revert to launch and than the ship is broken, only the cockpit stays, the rest of the ship is gone.

There is a problem with TweakScale and FAR if you use cockpits with air intakes (Mark 4 Cockpit). If you start your ship and revert to launch and than the ship is broken, only the cockpit stays, the rest of the ship is gone.

This is caused by TweakScale rescaling things during OnLoad, and FAR expecting some things to have been set up when some of its functions are called. It'll have to be fixed in FAR. I'm making a pull request as I write this, but I'm not sure I have grokked the full effect of my changes.

From Heinlein:

"Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observedâ€â€to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and scienceâ€â€and it means as little to us (because of our Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

Or, the short definition "to get it" ;)

is there a reason why all my ships cannot be loaded now after updating tweakscale. It says they are all missing parts. I sure wish there was a way to see what parts the loader thiks are missing. I have so many mods and have been updating them so much I have no idea what has gotten gimped