[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

I've found a bug, wich crashed interstellar mode on air-intakes. https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/pull/25

Contributors, be advised.

Sir, I cant tell if you provided a fix or are just reporting the bug. If you are providing a fix, please advise me on how to implement it! Ive been running into this issue myself. :( Interstellar + Tweakscale doesnt work at the moment unfortunately... and KSPI needs to be updated as well so... theres that.

Sir, I cant tell if you provided a fix or are just reporting the bug. If you are providing a fix, please advise me on how to implement it! Ive been running into this issue myself. :( Interstellar + Tweakscale doesnt work at the moment unfortunately... and KSPI needs to be updated as well so... theres that.

Look at my signature and rejoice. I've provided a fix of course.

Having the new ModuleManager.2.5.6.dll stops Tweakscale from adjusting how many resources are in a part.

That certainly didnt resolve the issue with Air Intakes not being placeable in the SPH, and them getting "Stuck" to your pointer. I can get away with placing one. Cant dual place. And any additional after, are botched.

I have some issues with engines leaving a gap when being reloaded in the VAB and some other parts too. It occurred in an installation with just FAR, TweakScale and kOS, but I will investigate what the exact problem is. Is this a known issue?

Im a bit confused about the Parameters (Regolith - an open ISRU and Resource framework)

RecipeInputs

RecipeOutputs

in

REGO_ModuleResourceConverter

REGO_ModuleResourceHarvester

KolonyConverter

and the

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS.

Should something like this work?

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceConverter
RecipeInputs
{
rate = 3
}
RecipeOutputs
{
rate = 3
}
}

I like to scale ElectricCharge produktion in something like this

MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceConverter
ConverterName = Reactor
StartActionName = Start Reactor
StopActionName = Stop Reactor
RecipeInputs = EnrichedUranium, 0.00003
RecipeOutputs = DepletedUranium, 0.00003, True, ElectricCharge, 8000, False
}

From Heinlein:

"Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observedâ€â€to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and scienceâ€â€and it means as little to us (because of our Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grok

Or, the short definition "to get it" ;)

Thank you indeed...

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple, but how do I disable the auto rescaling of parts. For example, I have a 1.25 command pod and attach a 2.5 fuel tank to it in the vab, it auto rescales the tank to 1.25 and I'd rather it not do that.

Thanks!

This is configurable in the file:

TweakScale\plugins\PluginData\Scale\config.xml

<string name="Toggle Autoscale">LeftControl+L</string>

<bool name="Autoscale">1</bool>

Set Autoscale to 0

<bool name="Autoscale">0</bool>

Or you can disable it in the game with LeftControl+L

Came across an issue in Career Mode. I downscaled a FLT-400 tank a size, and it had a negative cost, so adding more actually made my craft cheaper. Seems to happen with a lot of parts, actually. The cost modifier goes into the negative when downscaling parts.

Also, tried upscaling stock landing legs that start out deployed, but on vessel load they are normal size.

Edited by Castun

This is configurable in the file:

TweakScale\plugins\PluginData\Scale\config.xml

<string name="Toggle Autoscale">LeftControl+L</string>

<bool name="Autoscale">1</bool>

Set Autoscale to 0

<bool name="Autoscale">0</bool>

Or you can disable it in the game with LeftControl+L

Thank you sir!

I noticed an issue with BoxSat and Tweakscale. It will rescale however if you reload/revert the Sat frame scales back down to the original size 6.25cm. The trays and hatch all stay the new size but the frame seems to vanish inside the now larger parts. not sure if this is a CFG file that needs "tweaked" or not but just wanted to bring it to your attention. I will be making a similar post on the BoxSat forum thread as well. I love this mod, Keep up the good work.

Offsets seem to be very messed up against as of 1.50.

It's hard to describe but, it's easy to reproduce. Just scale things up, try to attach things to them and use offsets and they jump all over each click.

Even if you attach something smaller to a larger thing via the center node, just trying to move it once with offset makes it snap over to the side off from the center.

Is there a way please to turn off auto-resizing? It is really more annoying then helpful. If I want to resize things then I want to do it. It's like the auto-spelling in microsoft or my cell phone it drives me nuts!

Chainscalling still not working for free-scale type parts (like the structural panels) in 1.50. I toggled it off and on, didn't helped. Does it work for guys or was the feature disabled after 1.47? I would like to have it back again. It was just too useful. :rolleyes:

The LV-T80 engine's (from SXT) mass changes to NaN when it gets tweakscaled. This is very frustrating, as I am trying to use it on a 2.5m stack, but it gets autoscaled and when I scale it back down, the mass is NaN, which means the rocket is unlaunchable. Please find a solution to the this issue and remove the autoscaling, as it is both unnecesary and frustrating.

EDIT: Lack may have found the issue. Also, thanks for the info, MeCripp.

EDIT2: Lack's solution worked.

Edited by billbobjebkirk

The LV-T80 engine's (from SXT) mass changes to NaN when it gets tweakscaled. This is very frustrating, as I am trying to use it on a 2.5m stack, but it gets autoscaled and when I scale it back down, the mass is NaN, which means the rocket is unlaunchable. Please find a solution to the this issue and remove the autoscaling, as it is both unnecesary and frustrating.

EDIT: Lack may have found the issue. Also, thanks for the info, MeCripp.

EDIT2: Lack's solution worked.

I had the same problem with a nuclear engine which had a eletriccharge storage of 0. Changing it to 1 in the part config cleared the issue for me.