[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

It seams that the problem with parts resizing upon reloading is that the root part defaults to it's original size. To avoid this, make the root part an item that you don't plan to resize, and it seems to work nicely. Need to test it out when going back to a ship in space or on another planet and see if the work around also works.

Happened to my a few days back... as I recall I actually did set it to be the root part, but wouln't ever find the reason why it changed if not for your post :D

Thanks.

Edited by Kalko
forgot to add quote :D

It seams that the problem with parts resizing upon reloading is that the root part defaults to it's original size. To avoid this, make the root part an item that you don't plan to resize, and it seems to work nicely. Need to test it out when going back to a ship in space or on another planet and see if the work around also works.

Didn't work for me, I have a spaceplane that the intakes won't stay resized on, the root is the cockpit, default size, I tried adding a probe core making that the root and putting the intake on again but when I get to the runway all the intake are back to their default size.

hope someone comes up with a fix soon as the scaling issues are messing up most of my craft atm.

Can anyone please show me how to add scaling steps for specific values inside modules of parts ?

Alongside TweakScale i use TweakableEverything, so there may be the problem.

I have problem with torque force in reaction wheels and pods after scaling. If underscaled, it shows negative values for tweakables, and sometimes it goes haywire allowing well over 3000 units for pitch/yaw/roll (tested with B9 reaction wheel found under VAB/SPH Control page).

Can anyone please show me how to add scaling steps for specific values inside modules of parts ?

Alongside TweakScale i use TweakableEverything, so there may be the problem.

I have problem with torque force in reaction wheels and pods after scaling. If underscaled, it shows negative values for tweakables, and sometimes it goes haywire allowing well over 3000 units for pitch/yaw/roll (tested with B9 reaction wheel found under VAB/SPH Control page).

I think it's more of a problem with TweakableEverything as I have that exact problem and don't have TweakScale installed. It usually fixes if I delete the part and grab a new one though.

Serious problem with this mode and docking.. so many times have I docked an gotten this null exception;

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TweakScale.Hotkeyable.op_True (TweakScale.Hotkeyable a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at TweakScale.Hotkeyable.op_True (TweakScale.Hotkeyable a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I think it's more of a problem with TweakableEverything as I have that exact problem and don't have TweakScale installed. It usually fixes if I delete the part and grab a new one though.

I apologise i was silly enough not to tell you : with TweakableEverything you can see values after scaling go nuts, but they are initial and can be changed to something reasonable. No need to watch your craft do dolphin-backflips when touching the controls :)

Weirdly, I don't have any of the rescaling issues I see around here. In my case I randomly crash to desktop.

Not funny anymore that you need to ask a person who has problems "do you have tweakscale installed?" at wich they say yes and after deleting it the problem goes away.

Sadly, I think I'll have to take your advice. I'll be pulling in all my TweakScaled ships and removing it until there's some kind of update. Really bummed out about this tho, since TweakScale gave me a lot of creative freedom, even tho it did make some missions too easy. That's ok for me, since I don't really play for the challenge.

R.I.P TweakScale ;.;

Weirdly, I don't have any of the rescaling issues I see around here. In my case I randomly crash to desktop.

Sadly, I think I'll have to take your advice. I'll be pulling in all my TweakScaled ships and removing it until there's some kind of update. Really bummed out about this tho, since TweakScale gave me a lot of creative freedom, even tho it did make some missions too easy. That's ok for me, since I don't really play for the challenge.

R.I.P TweakScale ;.;

Wasn't there a TweakScale fix from someone?

Found wierd one, also traced down to tweakscale. Don't know if someone already mentioned it or not.

Build a craft, go to runway for test flight, everything works fine.

Quicksave in flight and reload, or revert flight to runway or to SPH and launch craft again.

First thing to notice, pilot pictures in down right corner are all black. If craft is in space and you try to fly it, whole planet missing textures.

That is first sign that something is wrong. Next thing to discover is that action groups and RCS does not work properly.

Engines are started, but no thrust from them, RCS turned on, but RCS engines also don't provide thrust.

Due to graphic glitches I have blamed GPU drivers, ATM mod, tried with DDS loader and without ATM/DDS. I started to uninstall mods one by one until I pinpointed this bug only to tweakscale. I can provide picture if there is need for that, I deleted log files, but I will try to reproduce bug and upload log files if reproducing steps are not enough.

Best of all I didn't have any of scaled parts on my craft, using this mod only for IR parts. It seems that I will have to make additional IR parts in same sizes as tweakscale allowed for that mod.

Anyway, congrats to Biotronic for new job, thanks for making this mod, until you update it, we have to learn how to build crafts without it.

Cheers.

Has anyone had success rescaling RCS thrusters working with real fuels? I managed to rescale them but only mass increases, the thrust is the same.

On the first page of this topic real fuels is listed as a support mod but there's also an 'Add ModuleEngineConfig support' in TODO list.

It was asked before but last posts on this I found were long time ago. So, does anyone have any success with at least rescaling RCS thrusters?

@Sparker : I don't use RF (MFT only) and my RCS blocks also do not have their thrust rescaled. If you feel like doing some ModuleManager configs, you could look at how engines are rescaled and then apply same logic to RCS in your custom configs.

It's not a perfect solution being only on your install, but i have given up on trying to have some customizations implemented in official plugin releases.

@Sparker : I don't use RF (MFT only) and my RCS blocks also do not have their thrust rescaled. If you feel like doing some ModuleManager configs, you could look at how engines are rescaled and then apply same logic to RCS in your custom configs.

It's not a perfect solution being only on your install, but i have given up on trying to have some customizations implemented in official plugin releases.

Thanks. I think I'll just make some copies of thrusters with module manager, like it's done in Realism Overhaul(maybe because of the same reason).

http://cafe.naver.com/kerbal/26693

(uploaded in a korean KSP fansite where I joined, but you would be able to see the screenshots and would understand the things what i have to refer.)

When I used Storage Tank of UKS (ttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-90-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-22-4%29-2015-01-27) with Tweakscale, tank capacity doesn't appear to be influenced whether tank radius is tweaked or not.

The 1st, 3rd screenshots mean the Refining-2 Storage is at its normal radius (2.5m) and 2nd, 4th screenshots mean that is at its tweaked radius (3.75m)

but at these cases there is no differences for Storage capacity.

One things that I couldn't understand is the price of these Storage Tank differs.

It seems that MKS Storage Tank does recognize the tweakscale... but WHY the storage capacity doesn't be changed?

How can i turn off the function of automatically setting size of parts?
Same thing for me. This is annoying, I only use the mod for tweakscale robotic.

4 pages back, I wrote this:

You can temporarily disable autoscaling by holding left shift when you attach parts, or completely disable it by pressing Ctrl+L.

It never hurts to read the last few pages of a mod thread and/or search to see if your query has come up before.

I can't seem to make additional scaling sizes work. I changed the first line of the .cfg to this:

SCALETYPE

{

name = stack

freeScale = false

scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5

, 10, 15 scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m, 6.25m, 7.5m

, 10m, 15m defaultScale = 1.25

ATTACHNODES

{

base = 1

top = Stack:1

top01 = Stack:1

top02 = Stack:1

top03 = Stack:1

bottom = Stack:1

bottom01 = Stack:1

bottom02 = Stack:1

bottom03 = Stack:1

bottom04 = Stack:1

}

}

But still no matter what I do, I can only scale to 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75 and 5m. TweakScale is the only mod I have installed, I have just tried on a clean install in case my earlier problems were down to a mod conflict.

Output log below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qchMFaWt3HZFM5cmpMQ1Biekk/view?usp=sharing

4 pages back, I wrote this:

It never hurts to read the last few pages of a mod thread and/or search to see if your query has come up before.

Thank you! I searched on few las pages, but i didn't notice it.

I installed ExceptionDetector and got this:

AYiLS9n.jpg

And some logs - the crash was most likely the usual RAM problem, but the KSP.log is what is needed?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tbzrsaa5hahmryf/AAD5uzKXFavmgki5C33qT_hRa?dl=0

Also, the exceptions only started after I docked the small craft to this bigger tug:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Although I am unsure if there is even a part whose size had been tweaked.

http://cafe.naver.com/kerbal/26693

(uploaded in a korean KSP fansite where I joined, but you would be able to see the screenshots and would understand the things what i have to refer.)

When I used Storage Tank of UKS (ttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-90-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-22-4%29-2015-01-27) with Tweakscale, tank capacity doesn't appear to be influenced whether tank radius is tweaked or not.

The 1st, 3rd screenshots mean the Refining-2 Storage is at its normal radius (2.5m) and 2nd, 4th screenshots mean that is at its tweaked radius (3.75m)

but at these cases there is no differences for Storage capacity.

One things that I couldn't understand is the price of these Storage Tank differs.

It seems that MKS Storage Tank does recognize the tweakscale... but WHY the storage capacity doesn't be changed?

I have this problem too, but with the fuel tanks from Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul. They will scale fine, but their empty mass and and fuel capacity stays the same.

I have this problem too, but with the fuel tanks from Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul. They will scale fine, but their empty mass and and fuel capacity stays the same.

It doesn't adjust the capacity of KAS storage bins with their scale.