[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Anybody here have issues with parts returning to their default size when they switch scenes, such as returning to a previous vessel? Also sometimes when loading them in the VAB, or from subassemblies.

How can i turn off the function of automatically setting size of parts?

There is a more permanent solution (that i prefer, even if it means a little bit more work on a craft) : find

GameData\TweakScale\plugins\PluginData\Scale\config.xml

file and edit "Autoscale" and/or "Scale chaining" items to 0 (i set both to 0, and it works for me). After that restart KSP and it will no longer rescale parts from component list after attaching them to the craft.

Anybody here have issues with parts returning to their default size when they switch scenes, such as returning to a previous vessel? Also sometimes when loading them in the VAB, or from subassemblies.

I get this as well. Procedural Parts doesn't do that though.

I think it's time I realize I do not play KSP enough, and do not have the time necessary to continue this project. It hurts me to the core, but I believe it's better that I accept it and inform you guys. I'd love it if someone would be willing to carry the torch.

The licence should be permissive enough for anyone to just pick it up, but since this is the official thread at the moment I'd like to add a link in the OP if anyone decides to continue the development.

It's been great you guys, and it saddens me to do this, but it's better this way.

I think it's time I realize I do not play KSP enough, and do not have the time necessary to continue this project. It hurts me to the core, but I believe it's better that I accept it and inform you guys. I'd love it if someone would be willing to carry the torch.

The licence should be permissive enough for anyone to just pick it up, but since this is the official thread at the moment I'd like to add a link in the OP if anyone decides to continue the development.

It's been great you guys, and it saddens me to do this, but it's better this way.

Thanks for all the time you've put into this, it's made my KSP experience so much better!

Thanks for your work Biotronic, best of luck with your new job

Thanks for maintaining it and for all your time spend in development. And thanks for permission for anyone with enough skill, willpower and enough free time to continue development. I hope that someone will be able to continue this mod, until then we have to figure out how to manage without it.

Cheers.

Hello to all, and thanks for this mod....

I am trying to use this with a docking port and need some help. I have created a new MM config, example from top;

SCALETYPE

{

name = CMES_Parts

freeScale = false

scaleFactors = 0.25, 0.35, 0.5, 0.55, 0.59, 0.6, 0.65, 0.7, 1.0, 1.4, 2.0, 2.8, 4.0

scaleNames = 25%, 35%, 50%, 55%, 59%, 60%, 65%, 70%, 100%, 140%, 200%, 280%, 400%

defaultScale = 1.0

}

@PART[PC_InflateHeatshieldLxx]

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = CMES_Parts

defaultScale = 1

}

}

But when I rescale, the part sizes as it should but all values (Roll - Pitch - Yaw Torque, and all of the Acquire range, force , etc) values get thrashed / corrupted.

The default size has correct values, but when the 'tweak' happens they get corrupted and never go back to original values.

any hints, ideas or comments?????

thanks again for mod and help.

cheers.

I'm having a problem with tweakscale... when I load a tweaked craft from the tracking station and sometimes loading from the launch pad or runway, the craft disintegrates. No explosions, it just flies apart. I figured this out by removing 1 mod at a time until the problem went away. Tweakscale is one of my favorite mods... please help!!!

These are the other mods I was using with Tweakscale:

Mechjeb

Movie Time

Procedural Fairings

Impossible Inovations

Kerbal Foundries

Fuel Tanks Plus

BD Armory

I hope someone can help me since Biotronic no longer supports this mod.

It's been an awesome mod, Bio! Sorry to hear, but real life is real life. :D Hope you can make it back someday soon!

Sorry to hear. I wonder if any of the other mod makers whos mods are dependent on Tweakscale will adopt this orphaned project. :) I informed the Infernal Robotics thread.

Question, is there anyway I can modify an existing TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS using module manager?

@TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS[MyModuleKind] {
floopRate = 3
MyStructure {
!ambulation = 2
}
}

Just the same as with any other cfg. If there are specific problems you want addressed,

Edit, also is there anyway to repond to a tweakscale resize?

The opening post contains information on how a mod can be informed of TweakScale rescaling, in the 'Advanced Features' section. I was also toying with the idea of simply looking for functions called TweakScalePrescale and TweakScalePostScale, but no code has been written to support this idea.

I don't know if TweakScale is supposed to do this, but everytime I add a part of the "wrong" size, it automatically scales the part which I would really like it to not do. Is there any way to disable this?

EDIT: Nevermind. Was digging in the TweakScale directory and found the thing in the config.

Edited by BavarianBozzz

After i docked with my space station i saw this a lot in the log.

[EXC 17:26:47.582] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TweakScale.Hotkeyable.op_True (TweakScale.Hotkeyable a)

TweakScale.TweakScale.Update ()

Anyone also had this behavior?

EDIT: After reloading the game, this error doesn't show up anymore.

Edited by BlackSoldierB

After i docked with my space station i saw this a lot in the log.

Anyone also had this behavior?

EDIT: After reloading the game, this error doesn't show up anymore.

I've had 100,000+ instances of that error (I think) when messing around with KAS stuff, but couldn't pin down the exact circumstances...