[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

The promised thread is up:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110899-WIP-TweakScale-Freescale-Everything

Is the "revert to launch bug" also fixes?

Btw, How to configure a part to use free scaling with tweakScale?

I didn't knowingly fix any bug, so it probably still is there.

Free scaling is a property of a scaletype. The old TweakScale only knows one %-based free scaletype, my version also makes the 'stack' scaletype free. There are no changes necessary for the individual part.

Nice to see someone working on this mod. :)

Can you help me with my request? It was one of the best features for me.

Would you join me in the development thread to discuss this? It is not completely clear to me how auto and chain scaling is supposed to work. And if that logic can be easily ported to parts outside of the standard stack sizes.

Oh, and thank you very much for doing this, to both Olympic1 and pellinor.

Thank you for your clear invitation for someone else to take the lead. Since you know the mod best, feel free to tell me when I do stuff that does not make sense or write ugly code.

How do I fix this?

screenshot11.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7dui3sp5hkeo5p/screenshot11.png?dl=0

I have a craft that was upscaled to 5 meters from 3.75.

My parts are reverting back to the original node sizes and separating my craft like it was sliced ham. The part itself visually is still the same 5 meters, but the nodes are back to the 3.75 meter.

Edited by lextacy

How do I fix this?

I have a craft that was upscaled to 5 meters from 3.75.

My parts are reverting back to the original node sizes and separating my craft like it was sliced ham. The part itself visually is still the same 5 meters, but the nodes are back to the 3.75 meter.

This is the 4th person with the same problem this week. There has to be a fix for it. Anyone.....

This is the 4th person with the same problem this week. There has to be a fix for it. Anyone.....

So the bug is parts reverting to original size? Probably on quickload or switching to the vessel? Can anyone reliably reproduce this?

I've only seen this once, and remember fighting against autoscaling in the editor when making that vessel. Later I disabled autoscale and haven't had this bug again.

EDIT: reproduced, it is triggered with the camera bug on revert. (there might be other bugs separate from this one)

Edited by pellinor

@TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS[MyModuleKind] {
floopRate = 3
MyStructure {
!ambulation = 2
}
}

Just the same as with any other cfg. If there are specific problems you want addressed,

I tried the following MM code but it doesn't seem to have any effect:

@TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
[InterstellarFissionPBDP
]: FINAL
{
partMass = 3
}

Why doesn't this work?

I doesn't work because it's not formatted correctly.

First of all, if you're adding this to an already existing scaletype which does not have the parameter you have specified already in it, then you want:

@TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS[InterstellarFissionPBDP]:FINAL
{
partMass = 3
}

Notice that there are no spaces between the node type, the node name, and the ":final" part. No new lines either, just all one long un-spaced, single line entry.

However, if the parameter you are specifying (the "partMass" parameter) already exists and you are editing it's value, then you need to add an @ symbol in front of it so that MM knows to edit the parameter instead of adding a new parameter of that name.

If, however, you are adding a completely new exponent node, then you don't even need MM to add it and can follow the original exponent entries as an example of how to set them up.

Bottom line, avoid spaces and new lines when giving MM the information about what part to go look for.

So the bug is parts reverting to original size? Probably on quickload or switching to the vessel? Can anyone reliably reproduce this?

I've only seen this once, and remember fighting against autoscaling in the editor when making that vessel. Later I disabled autoscale and haven't had this bug again.

EDIT: reproduced, it is triggered with the camera bug on revert. (there might be other bugs separate from this one)

I see you were able to reproduce it. Let me know if you need me to as well. It only seems to happen on parts that wouldn't normally be tweakable but are now do to this cfg I put in.

@PART

[*]!MODULE[TweakScale]

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = TweakScaler

defaultScale = 1

}

}

I did some more reproduction of the bug and found some interesting results....

1. The bug happens on a rooted part that was tweakscaled, it does not matter if it was "autoscaled"

2. Once I re-rooted ; for example I set launch clamps as root since they are disposable. The problem disappeared upon scene reloading.......sorta

3. The problem will re-appear in mid-flight on scene change because the game will want to create a new root since the launch clamps are no longer part of the vessel.

4. I could conclude that Tweakscale is being overridden by something , maybe a stock bug creating problems with Tweakscale?

I have an issue with last version of MFT 5.4.2 running with tweakscale on .90

If it's in the game folder i can scale the tanks but there 's no change in the indication of the fuel or oxy that is in the tank. For example the stock FT800 always contains 360 liquid fuel and 440 oxidizer what ever is the size and it's impossible to change thoses values when I open the tank GUI. I still can change the propellant but not the initial value of the tank capacity. I can for example fill the FT800 with 800 liquid fuel whatever is the size with tweakscale.

If I leave MFT from the game folder tweak scale works fine, but impossible to change the propellant in the tank, because there's no more tank GUI!

Do you have the TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.dll from MFT installed?

Weel, in my downloaded folder from MFT , the only plugin I got is modularFuelTanks.dll

Where can I get the TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks.dll?

I did some more reproduction of the bug and found some interesting results....

1. The bug happens on a rooted part that was tweakscaled, it does not matter if it was "autoscaled"

2. Once I re-rooted ; for example I set launch clamps as root since they are disposable. The problem disappeared upon scene reloading.......sorta

3. The problem will re-appear in mid-flight on scene change because the game will want to create a new root since the launch clamps are no longer part of the vessel.

4. I could conclude that Tweakscale is being overridden by something , maybe a stock bug creating problems with Tweakscale?

So for now it looks like the two bugs are one (camera bug and reverting root part), since both are triggered at quicksave/quickload or on revert to launch, and both require a rescaled root part.

Biotronic's analyzed this already and wrote a KSP bug report. In his findings from KSP 0.25, he claims that defaultTransformScale is set to (1.3, 1.3, 1.3), which is saved to the craft file, and gets reverted to (1,1,1) at load. (defaultTransformScale is a persistent member of the TweakScale module). It looks like in 0.90 this symptom has vanished (it already starts as 1,1,1 in the initial craft file), probably because this variable no longer needs to change.

In my tests, the reverted part keeps its values scaled, only the scale of the visual model is reverted. When quicksaving afterwards, the part also looks correctly scaled in the save file. So I could try some hack to scale the visual model of the root part by an extra currentScale/defaultScale.

So, how can I tell that the current vessel came into life by a quickload or revert, and not by launching directly from the VAB/SPH (or by decoupling)?

Edited by pellinor

So for now it looks like the two bugs are one (camera bug and reverting root part), since both are triggered at quicksave/quickload or on revert to launch, and both require a rescaled root part.

Biotronic's analyzed this already and wrote a KSP bug report. In his findings from KSP 0.25, he claims that defaultTransformScale is set to (1.3, 1.3, 1.3), which is saved to the craft file, and gets reverted to (1,1,1) at load. (defaultTransformScale is a persistent member of the TweakScale module). It looks like in 0.90 this symptom has vanished (it already starts as 1,1,1 in the initial craft file), probably because this variable no longer needs to change.

In my tests, the reverted part keeps its values scaled, only the scale of the visual model is reverted. When quicksaving afterwards, the part also looks correctly scaled in the save file. So I could try some hack to scale the visual model of the root part by an extra currentScale/defaultScale.

So, how can I tell that the current vessel came into life by a quickload or revert, and not by launching directly from the VAB/SPH (or by decoupling)?

Im not sure what you mean by that last bold bit lol. Oh and I think I have that camera bug, whats does it do again?

Im not sure what you mean by that last bold bit lol. Oh and I think I have that camera bug, whats does it do again?

The camera bug is shown in this video:

To replicate it:

1) Create a craft with at least one TweakScalable part. (no other parts needed).

2) Launch craft.

3) Press V to change camera modes. Note that camera changes as you'd expect.

4) Press escape to bring up the menu, then revert to lauch.

5) Press V to change camera modes. Note that camera zooms out to redonkulous distances with each press of the key.

I just tested it on my computer with a clean install containing only TweakScale 1.50 and ModuleManager 2.5.6, and was unable to replicate it, so it might very well have been fixed.

I had to do a fresh install anyway to try and track down Null References so I tried again yesterday with a clean install, pellinor's dev build of Tweakscale and Module Manager 2.5.10 and was unable to reproduce the camera issue.

Brusura give the latest dev version a try and be sure to update Module Manager too.

I had to do a fresh install anyway to try and track down Null References so I tried again yesterday with a clean install, pellinor's dev build of Tweakscale and Module Manager 2.5.10 and was unable to reproduce the camera issue.

Brusura give the latest dev version a try and be sure to update Module Manager too.

I'll do right now, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

pellinor's dev build of Tweakscale and Module Manager 2.5.10

Camera bug is still present :(

- - - Updated - - -

pellinor's dev build of Tweakscale and Module Manager 2.5.10

Camera bug is still present :(

Well, that's odd

although in truth I'm not entirely surprised as it seems that I have issues others don't and don't get issues other do

computers are weird

okay I was able to also replicate the camera bug but with a twist....

1. It happend right away without having to revert to launch

2. Also this happens alot when Im in SOI changes. I get into orbit and the camera zooms out to the heavens

I just tested it on my computer with a clean install containing only TweakScale 1.50 and ModuleManager 2.5.6, and was unable to replicate it, so it might very well have been fixed.

For me it still happens, but requires a scaled root part now. My guess is that this comes from some difference between KSP 0.25 and 0.90.

Oh and I think I have that camera bug, whats does it do again?

See the OP of the dev thread, I keep the info there up to date.

1. It happend right away without having to revert to launch

2. Also this happens alot when Im in SOI changes. I get into orbit and the camera zooms out to the heavens

Can you tell reproduction steps for the first one? The second one doesn't surprise me as there is an automatic camera change happening. Obviously the trigger is the camera change, and not the user requesting it.

Edited by pellinor

Can you tell reproduction steps for the first one? The second one doesn't surprise me as there is an automatic camera change happening. Obviously the trigger is the camera change, and not the user requesting it.

Did it on a stock part with and without scaling it. When I dont scale the part the camera bug happens more often.