[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Small update on the camera bug: I have replicated it with an unscaled root part that has defaultTransformScale!=(1,1,1). So Biotronic's analysis from 0.24 is still valid, the only difference is that the mk1 pod has a different defaultTransformScale now.

I have a useability question: I installed this because of Infernal Robotics' dependency, and while I like the concept, I'd prefer that the mod doesn't automatically rescale parts to their parent body. If I stick a stock 3m fuel tank on a 1.25 m tank I don't want the game to auto scale to the smaller tank. Is there a way to toggle this?

Pre-release for version 1.51: [.ZIP] (pre-release, might contain bees)

This should be compatible to 1.50 and old career saves, please try it give feedback! When I get a few positive replies I'll label this as an official release.

Known Issues

• camera bug on revert (this is a KSP bug)
    Reproduced on revert to launch, also occurs on quicksave/quickload. Needs a scaled root part.
    Workaround: avoid scaled root parts! Or switch to mapscreen and back whenever the bug occurs.
  • parts reverting scale
    Reproduced only for the root part, on quicksave/quickload or revert to launch. Probably same cause as the camera bug (defaultTransformScale reverted due to the above KSP bug).
    Workaround: avoid scaling of the root part (or parts that will become root later).
  • Nozzles glowing when scaling too far down. Example: the RT-10 SRB at 0.175m.

Full changelog

[spoiler=]== freescale slider increments ==

* Increments are now part of the scaletype config

== autoscaling ==

* auto- and chain scaling is off by default

* auto- and chain scaling is restricted to parts of the same scaletype

== scaletypes ==

* Change the 'stack' scaletype to free scaling. The scaleFactors/Names and ATTACHNODES list are no longer used.

* Move stock adapters to stack scaletype

If you ever wanted to build that 1.5m rocket that splits into multiple 0.75m stacks you can do that now.

* Change surface scaletype to free scaling

* added an example discrete scaletype for documentation, because there is none left

== fixes ==

* error spam with regolith & KAS

* removed duplicate MM patch for IntakeRadialLong

* hopefully restricted the camera bug to vessels with scaled root parts

Edited by pellinor

sweet, might try this out. Is this a full replacement for Tweakscale? I noticed a bunch of non game data folders in the zip file. Do I need to install those too?

That IS Tweakscale just a new beta version. Pellinor you seem to have included all the source in the zip.

sweet, might try this out. Is this a full replacement for Tweakscale? I noticed a bunch of non game data folders in the zip file. Do I need to install those too?

Just put the contents of GameData into your KSP GameData folder. For now I just linked to the current state of the github repository. I'll do a smaller package when releasing on kerbalStuff/curse.

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to scale beyond the 5m parts like adapters 21 or 41, etc.. I have tried to add more scale factors up to 50 m on the defaultScale file, to change the freeScale to true,etc... But I haven't been able to achieve this.

Thanks.

Jesus

I would like to know if it is possible to scale beyond the 5m parts like adapters 21 or 41, etc.. I have tried to add more scale factors up to 50 m on the defaultScale file, to change the freeScale to true,etc... But I haven't been able to achieve this.

Sure it is, that's what all the config stuff is good for. Which version did you use? In the pre-release, all the default types are freescale=true, which means they listen to minScale and maxScale (provided those are present in the config).

Alternatively, post the TweakScalee patch for the part that is not working, and the config of the scaletype it references.

dumb question, but is it possible to use a tweakscale module in mid-flight? Basically id be pulling up the right-click GUI on a part. Sounds silly but this would be for bug fixing purposes lol

Ive seen in the save file of ships this lines of code that is responsible for right-click menu GUI items........

EVENTS
{
KaboomEvent
{
active = True
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Kaboom!
guiName = Kaboom!
category = Kaboom!
guiActiveUnfocused = True
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
CancelKaboomEvent
{
active = False
guiActive = True
guiIcon = Cancel Kaboom!
guiName = Cancel Kaboom!
category = Cancel Kaboom!
guiActiveUnfocused = True
unfocusedRange = 5
externalToEVAOnly = True
}
}

Now here is what Tweakscale has................

EVENTS
{

}

Edited by lextacy

Regarding the camera bug....Just a thought I had last night while not sleeping :D , I use procedural fairing that allow you to resize the fairing base, but with this method there is no camera bug....not knowing anything about how it works....but would it be possible to use procedural fairing method for rescaling?

4 pages back, I wrote this:

It never hurts to read the last few pages of a mod thread and/or search to see if your query has come up before.

Thank you, and don't tell me what to do. I'should not have to bother myself by searching a lonely post in the 10 last pages.

Edited by Tom Robin

Sure it is, that's what all the config stuff is good for. Which version did you use? In the pre-release, all the default types are freescale=true, which means they listen to minScale and maxScale (provided those are present in the config).

Alternatively, post the TweakScalee patch for the part that is not working, and the config of the scaletype it references.

Hi Pellinor,

I have been trying the pre-release version but I still having problems to scale more than 5m.

My DefaultScales file is looking like this, as you can see I set the maxScale to 50 expecting to be able to scale much more the part that you can see below SCALETYPE. But is not working and the limit still 5m.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Thanks.

[I]DefaultScales.cfg[/I]
SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = true
minScale = 0.1
[B] maxScale = 50[/B]
defaultScale = 1.25
incrementLarge = 1.25
incrementSmall = 0.625
incrementSlide = 0.025
suffix = m
// scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5
// scaleNames = 62.5cm, 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, 5m, 6.25m, 7.5m
// ATTACHNODES
// {
// base = 1
// top = Stack:1
// top01 = Stack:1
// top02 = Stack:1
// top03 = Stack:1
// bottom = Stack:1
// bottom01 = Stack:1
// bottom02 = Stack:1
// bottom03 = Stack:1
// bottom04 = Stack:1
// }
}
[I]NFT_TweakScale.cfg[/I]
@PART[adapter-25-0625-7] // SE-6B Stack Hexa-Adapter
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 2.5
}
}

EDIT

Sorry. I just found the reason! I need to add the maxscale to the part. It is working perfect know! Thanks Pellinor!

Edited by jrodriguez
I found the problem

I finally put the v1.51 label on the current state of the mod, and started a dev branch on github. The master branch will be seen by KSP-AVC, and updated whenever a stable state is reached. The dev branch will have all the latest changes, and might contain bees. I'll open a new thread in addon releases soon.

Upload to KerbalStuff and Curse will also come soon, when I get the rights to update the existing TweakScale packages.

i use this great mod long time... now i made a new ksp install and noticed a bug linked to tweakable everything. if i scale decoupler, docking ports or reaction wheels, i get strange values... is there a fix other than deactivate these parts?

thx

... ok found a "solution"... //the relevant scale exponents

still able to scale the parts with original values

Edited by eLDude

I had an issue that involved the placement of air intakes. It would not allow to them to work with symmetry.

Out put log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm9wu4dn1a...t_log.txt?dl=0

debug

http://i.imgur.com/ZlhGU2o.png

I'm seeing the same issue. Any update on a fix? I know the workaround is to disable symmetry and attach the parts individually, but it would be nice to be able to use something more precise than my eyeball when trying to surface mount multiple intakes.

it it possible to not let the part auto scale?

You can turn it off

<string name="Disable Autoscale">LeftShift</string><string name="Toggle Autoscale">LeftControl+L</string><bool name="Autoscale">0</bool><string name="Disable Scale chaining">LeftShift</string><string name="Toggle Scale chaining">LeftControl+K</string><bool name="Scale chaining">0</bool></config>

You can turn it off
<string name="Disable Autoscale">LeftShift</string><string name="Toggle Autoscale">LeftControl+L</string><bool name="Autoscale">0</bool><string name="Disable Scale chaining">LeftShift</string><string name="Toggle Scale chaining">LeftControl+K</string><bool name="Scale chaining">0</bool></config>

thanks