[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Great, that's the kind of report I want! :P

So this is with TweakScale 1.21beta or 1.20?

What do you mean by 'no longer scales'? Does the slider show up, but no scaling occurs?

The slider doesn't show up, I'm using the 1.20 version

Also, I'm not sure it's TS fault that IR is no longer working since uninstalling it doesn't seem to change a thing. Regardless, TS is failing too.

The slider doesn't show up, I'm using the 1.20 version

Also, I'm not sure it's TS fault that IR is no longer working since uninstalling it doesn't seem to change a thing. Regardless, TS is failing too.

I don't have this problem with either TS 1.20 or 1.21beta. I've checked with IR 0.16.5a.

You could check the logs to see if there's any mention of dlls conflicting. That happened with early versions of KSPAPIExtensions and might be true here since IR uses it's own version of TweakScale.

Try reinstalling both mods.

If all else fails, try a binary search to find which mod in your collection is causing the problem:

• If the problem is fixed, put half those mods back in and repeat.
  • If it's not, remove half the remaining mods and repeat.

I think I found a bug: If I rescale a part like the Squad "Rockomax HubMax Multi-Point Connector" in the VAB from 1.25 to 2.5m and than copy it, the node size jumps back to the node size before scaling. (1.20 and 1.21 beta) This happens too if I select the HubMax as new root part.

Edited by Kolago

You could check the logs to see if there's any mention of dlls conflicting. That happened with early versions of KSPAPIExtensions and might be true here since IR uses it's own version of TweakScale.

Try reinstalling both mods.

If all else fails, try a binary search to find which mod in your collection is causing the problem:

• If the problem is fixed, put half those mods back in and repeat.
  • If it's not, remove half the remaining mods and repeat.

Ok, I'm reinstalling the mods on a clean copy of KSP to see if they still conflict, if they don't then it's probably a conflict with another mod, I'll search for it and let you guys know

EDIT: It works on a clean install, now to see which mod is guilty

EDIT2: It works, with all the mods... :huh:

Edited by mbartelsm

Ok, I'm reinstalling the mods on a clean copy of KSP to see if they still conflict, if they don't then it's probably a conflict with another mod, I'll search for it and let you guys know

EDIT: It works on a clean install, now to see which mod is guilty

EDIT2: It works, with all the mods... :huh:

Maybe installed something wrong? TS and IR behave really well together even with my local copy being present(it's version 1.20)

Maybe installed something wrong? TS and IR behave really well together even with my local copy being present(it's version 1.20)

I was having this same problem - no scale option on most things that could be tweaked. In the end, I guess, the problem was pretty obvious.

I had the Goodspeed Aerospace mod installed as well. This mod contains a copy of Scale.dll. I'm guessing that it's old.

Once I removed this .dll all is well.

I was having this same problem - no scale option on most things that could be tweaked. In the end, I guess, the problem was pretty obvious.

I had the Goodspeed Aerospace mod installed as well. This mod contains a copy of Scale.dll. I'm guessing that it's old.

Once I removed this .dll all is well.

Godspeed was the original "TweakScale" until Biotronic took the ball and ran with it. Since it appears first in the directory that's why it would load first and make TweakScale break.

None, sorry. Real life has been in the way of my tinkering for about two weeks now, and likely will for one more. :( I've found bugs in 1.21 beta that force me to delay its release, so... sorry?

None, sorry. Real life has been in the way of my tinkering for about two weeks now, and likely will for one more. :( I've found bugs in 1.21 beta that force me to delay its release, so... sorry?

Lol dude there's nothing to be sorry about, take your time, and thanks for your great mod again.

I've refactored a bit. Got rid of some special cases, and now support TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS inside SCALETYPES, at global scope, and per-part.

One cool thing I can show off is this code from ScaleExponents.cfg:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
angularDrag = 2
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
buoyancy = 3
crashTolerance = 1
explosionPotential = 3
maximum_drag = 2
maxTemp = 1
minimum_drag = 2
mass = 3

Resources
{
amount = 3
maxAmount = 3
}

attachNodes
{
breakingForce = 2
breakingTorque = 2
}
}

That's right, I'm now using TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS to rescale fuel tank volume and node strength.

I'm not ready to call this an official release though, so I'll just leave a beta here.

Please do test it, please tell me if there are any new bugs. I'm still in the process of reorienting myself after a week of vacation, so I actually haven't yet a good idea of what problems people experience. :P I'll try and learn more about that tomorrow.

So I've noticed in 1.21b (which is the version I think I have) that massFactors has no effect on anything anymore - masses all scale as a cube function. Can you show an example of how to properly get a different mass-scaling exponent to work on a part-by-part basis or inside a SCALETYPE{} please (as opposed to changing it globally in the exponents cfg)?

Please make it so we can rescale probe cores. I don't like the fact the my only 0.825 scale probe cores are not circular.

If you haven't already, this is a good opportunity to take a stab at ModuleManager configs. The B9 config already has one for the 1.25m heavy duty probe core, so I think that all you would need to do is find that @PART, copy it into a new .cfg, and swap out the part name and default scale for a different probe core. Just make sure that one of the scales is 0.625.

I love your plugin but I have a problem when using it. I use Tweakscale to scale different parts of this pack: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84224-Klockheed-Martian-Special-Parts-V0-3-7-July-Dev-Thread-Skylab/page2

However, if I use the "techRequired" parameter, things hang for a couple of seconds everytime I add a new part in the VAB. This only happens in career mode. Here is the config for the part (the cargo bays, for example).

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, 3.75
scaleNames = 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, 3.75
techRequired = precisionEngineering, electrics, advElectrics, largeElectrics, specializedElectrics
}

Am I doing something wrong or is there still a bug?

So I've noticed in 1.21b (which is the version I think I have) that massFactors has no effect on anything anymore - masses all scale as a cube function.

That would be correct. In 1.21b, mass is scaled exactly the same as everything else, so instead of massFactors = 0,0,1, you'd write mass = 3. As you can see in the example, mass = 3 is already there.

Can you show an example of how to properly get a different mass-scaling exponent to work on a part-by-part basis or inside a SCALETYPE{} please (as opposed to changing it globally in the exponents cfg)?

Part, scales as a list of values:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
}
}

ScaleType, scales with area:

SCALETYPE
{
name = myType
freeScale = true
suffix = m
minScale = 0.25
maxScale = 5
defaultScale = 1.25
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 2
}
}

That would be correct. In 1.21b, mass is scaled exactly the same as everything else, so instead of massFactors = 0,0,1, you'd write mass = 3. As you can see in the example, mass = 3 is already there.

Part, scales as a list of values:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
}
}

ScaleType, scales with area:

SCALETYPE
{
name = myType
freeScale = true
suffix = m
minScale = 0.25
maxScale = 5
defaultScale = 1.25
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 2
}
}

Hmm.. I tried what I thought was exactly that, and it didn't work, but maybe I'm not doing this right. Here's what my MM config looks like. Part still scales as if mass = 3. Adding/removing stuff like scaleNames, minimum/max scale etc. has no effect, and any part name substituted in there results in same thing (so far as I can tell anyway). Does the mass = 3 in the scaleExponents.cfg in the main TweakScale directory override all other instances?

SCALETYPE
{
name = masstest
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 1.0, 2.0, 4.0
defaultScale = 1.0
TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 2
}
}

@PART[N1_BlockV]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = masstest
}
}

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I have small problem with TweakScale 1.20 and RealFuels 6.4 working together. When I try launching ship with tank () game doesn't load launchpad properly making it impossible to play. Which version of these mods do you use?

Hello. Is there config file for AIES somewhere?

I have not heard of AIES, but making a cfg file is super easy, you can open cfg files with notepad++ or geany

personally I use geany. In each part file in the pack you will find the part name at the top. If you copy one of the cfgs for another part pack in the tweakscale directory you can just change the names in the part[partnamehere] to the names from the parts in the pack you want.

If you honestly try to do this on your own can't figure it out out pm me and I will get you started, and you can't do it after that than I will do it. Normally I would offer to do for you but I have a lot on plate atm working in parts for two separate part packs and building real alike antennae for use with RT2

Edited by MrWizerd

I'd like to control how much of a given resource my tweaked parts contain.

In this case Kibbal. I want two parts: a 1.25m part and a 2.5m part with 50 Kibbal and 160 Kibbal respectively. I've gotten the masses I want with

SCALETYPE {
name = KibbalScale
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 1.0, 2.0
scaleNames = Medium, Large
defaultScale = 1.0 }

PART[KibbalStore] {
// stuff
mesh = TacContainer
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1
mass = 0.25
// more stuff

RESOURCE {
name = Kibbal
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50 }

Module {
name = TweakScale
type = KibbalScale
Module {
mass = 0.25, 1.0 }
} }

But how do I code in RESOURCE's amount and maxAmount?

I also suspect that there is a much more elegant way of doing what I have done already. Some insight there would be appreciated too.

FYI - broken in 0.24

Yeah, I finally got some time to work on this, and I see the whole house of cards has collapsed. :P

I'm dependent on KSP API Extensions, which is not yet updated, and apparently its updater is down with a case of the RL. Hope it passes soon. :P

I've tried getting it to run with the 0.24 alpha version he has, but even that makes KSP crash on my end, so I'll just sit tight and hope thing embetter themselves with time.