[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

How does that work with refunds? I thought resources were refunded 100%, in which case it's not ideal (though may well be the best you can do until Squad makes the needed changes).

Resources are not refunded 100%, they are refunded based on total value and distance from KSC, as far as I can tell. Resource structures do not contain any specific instructions regarding how to refund their costs, so we can't control it anyway, and this is indeed the best thing we can do without Squad.

Edited by Mihara
...incorrect statement excised.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue:

TweakScale.png?psid=1

I'm using the 64-bit version of KSP, and as far as I know, have everything up to date. I'm really stumped. The tweaking UI has vanished from everything, and I can't get it to appear. I'm using the same mods I had in 23.5, so I don't think there's any conflicts. Thanks for your help!

https://4q2bdq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pU9ha_nvslUGw-c_is4QPan7aRKsCjXOax6V6daITFJ8paZ8PBzKehh7ftljtbsxANkjGrjT4y-QU7t3YC9pAXAyoFJi7RWM5tbpqBG1l2R8/TweakScale.png?psid=1

I'm using the 64-bit version of KSP, and as far as I know, have everything up to date. I'm really stumped. The tweaking UI has vanished from everything, and I can't get it to appear. I'm using the same mods I had in 23.5, so I don't think there's any conflicts. Thanks for your help!

That's because the plugin currently does not work with 0.24.

OK, I did a clean install of KSP, installing nothing but the Toolbar and Infernal Robotics. I know IR comes with it's own version of TweakScale, and now it's behaving. I'm too much of a simpleton to know exactly what was happening, but the standalone version of TweakScale wasn't playing nicely with IR. I think.

https://4q2bdq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pU9ha_nvslUGw-c_is4QPan7aRKsCjXOax6V6daITFJ8paZ8PBzKehh7ftljtbsxANkjGrjT4y-QU7t3YC9pAXAyoFJi7RWM5tbpqBG1l2R8/TweakScale.png?psid=1

Not sure if you're running Infernal Robotics, but I've just confirmed that IR definitely causes this behavior.

Is anyone having an issue with loading craft with RTG's? I get a **[Exception]: ArgumentException: Field 'name' defined on type 'GeneratorResource' is not a field on the target object which is of type 'Tuple`2'.** and a **[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object** when I try to load a craft that has an RTG on it.

I edited the Squad_TweakScale.cfg and omitted the RTG scaling and now my craft with RTGs seem to load properly.

I was also looking the ScaleExponents.cfg and it seems that the field has:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = ModuleGenerator

outputList

{

rate = 3

}

}

No other field in the file has { } surrounding the rate, for changing the 'rate' of something. Could this be the cause of the issue I am having?

I have not tested removing the braces to see the effect of it, but it was something I noticed and thought I would bring it up.

Edited by Haze-Zero

Is anyone having an issue with loading craft with RTG's? I get a **[Exception]: ArgumentException: Field 'name' defined on type 'GeneratorResource' is not a field on the target object which is of type 'Tuple`2'.** and a **[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object** when I try to load a craft that has an RTG on it.

I edited the Squad_TweakScale.cfg and omitted the RTG scaling and now my craft with RTGs seem to load properly.

I was also looking the ScaleExponents.cfg and it seems that the field has:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = ModuleGenerator

outputList

{

rate = 3

}

}

No other field in the file has { } surrounding the rate, for changing the 'rate' of something. Could this be the cause of the issue I am having?

I have not tested removing the braces to see the effect of it, but it was something I noticed and thought I would bring it up.

I am having the same trouble.

Edit:

Removing the RTG scaling in Squad_Tweakscale.cfg will solve the problem by not loading the tweakscale module onto that part-- The RTG will no longer scale and it will no longer break your game.

Removing the brackets around the "rate =3" portion of the ScaleExponents.cfg will also fix the problem-- The RTG will still scale in size, but it appears to break the change in power generation associated with scaling.

Edited by Smurfalot

I am having the same trouble.

Edit:

Removing the RTG scaling in Squad_Tweakscale.cfg will solve the problem by not loading the tweakscale module onto that part-- The RTG will no longer scale and it will no longer break your game.

Removing the brackets around the "rate =3" portion of the ScaleExponents.cfg will also fix the problem-- The RTG will still scale in size, but it appears to break the change in power generation associated with scaling.

Yes, I figured as much because there needs to be the specific format/syntax that scale.dll is expecting, which is why I didn't bother. I rather not be able to scale my RTGs then think I could scale them and get appropriate power.

I am worried though that this bug in the cfg file might be breaking other parts and stuff that have generators. I know its not for solar panels because they are different modules, but as far as I know I think RTGs are the only stock parts that use generators. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Haze-Zero

Yes, I figured as much because there needs to be the specific format/syntax that scale.dll is expecting, which is why I didn't bother. I rather not be able to scale my RTGs then think I could scale them and get appropriate power.

I am worried though that this bug in the cfg file might be breaking other parts and stuff that have generators. I know its not for solar panels because they are different modules, but as far as I know I think RTGs are the only stock parts that use generators. I could be wrong though.

Well according to the format instructions on the OP for Tweakscale, it was formatted correctly. I have no idea what is wrong with it, but I have tried several variations and none have worked.

Fortunately, that generator module is not used very often (that is the only stock part with it) and it is not really necessary to scale the RTG in order to do 95% of anything you would normally want to do.

OK, I did a clean install of KSP, installing nothing but the Toolbar and Infernal Robotics. I know IR comes with it's own version of TweakScale, and now it's behaving. I'm too much of a simpleton to know exactly what was happening, but the standalone version of TweakScale wasn't playing nicely with IR. I think.

I have a clean install, IR and TweakScale (both latest versions) only and I'm not experiencing this behavior. I am however having issues with TweakScale not changing values for me. That's what is broken for IR.

Well according to the format instructions on the OP for Tweakscale, it was formatted correctly. I have no idea what is wrong with it, but I have tried several variations and none have worked.

Fortunately, that generator module is not used very often (that is the only stock part with it) and it is not really necessary to scale the RTG in order to do 95% of anything you would normally want to do.

It's a bug in TweakScale. Working on fixing it as we speak.

Not sure if this is something that'll be fixed in a future update, but TweakScale 1.21 breaks Procedural Fairings 3.06. The issue that occurs is the Procedural Fairing parts loose their scaling menus. TweakScale itself functions normally on parts modified by TweakScale. Removing TweakScale fixes the issue.

I installed Tweakscale, but cant scale nothing.

If i rightklick the parts, i just can see the data of the part and "ISshieldedfalse", where the scale slider should be

Edited by Nowater

Its also screwy with procedural fairings. When I put the fairing base on, the scale slider for the base/fairing sizes disappears. So I uninstalled this mod for now if/when it gets resolved.

I installed Tweakscale, but cant scale nothing.

If i rightklick the parts, i just can see the data of the part and "ISshieldedfalse", where the scale slider should be

That comes from FAR

Problems with Procedural Fairings noted.

For now, here's 1.22, fresh outta the factory. Technology requirements should now be much faster, and tanks no longer seem to refill at onload.

Thank you for the quick and hard work!

Will test if it works in the x64 as it just didn`t show at all