[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

I have a bug.

I copy my save folder desktop and re-install KSP.

After installing i copy back my save folder and open KSP.

So some parts spontaneously sized to bigger.

Can anybody help me?

I have a bug.

I copy my save folder desktop and re-install KSP.

After installing i copy back my save folder and open KSP.

So some parts spontaneously sized to bigger.

Can anybody help me?

I had to rebuild my ships

Is there a mapping of which configs go with which mods?

I would like to tune the mod to only affect certain mods, and the easiest way I can see to do this is by deleting the CFGs for the mods I do not wish to have TweakScale affect.

Edit:

Or more to the point, is there some way to stop tweakscale from automatically resizing parts?

It's great that it can do it, but it's highly annoying when it resizes **EVERYTHING** without prompting.

Edited by almagnus1

Hey, i am having a problem that seems to be caused by tweakscale because as soon as i remove tweakscale from gamedata folder it all seems to work fine.

The problem is the following: when trying to attach something radially in symmetry in SPH the part loses its attach node and the game becomes disfunctional in the sense that i cant put the part back (sell it) exit the SPH or what ever else and i have to close the program the old fashioned way. I have attached some screenshots of the problem(see how the structural fuselage only has 1 node after i detach it from the rear,after this i could not remove it from my cursor and i had to alt+F4) as well as a screenshot of my mod folder(they are all updated AFAIK).

http://imgur.com/a/YrVZg

I have the same beug:

http://youtu.be/r1NqFjZEINI

in log i see:

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:GetComponent (System.Type)

at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[FARWingAerodynamicModel] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ferram4.FAREditorGUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ferram4.FAREditorGUI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()

at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and when i remove FAR i have this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at BaseFieldList.get_Item (System.String fieldName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.MemberUpdater.Create (System.Object obj, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.ScaleExponents.UpdateFields (System.Object obj, System.Object baseObj, ScalingFactor factor, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.ScaleExponents.UpdateObject (.Part part, .Part prefabObj, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 exponents, ScalingFactor factor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TSGenericUpdater.OnRescale (ScalingFactor factor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

sorry for my bad english i'm french

Edited by Broken_Fire

Or more to the point, is there some way to stop tweakscale from automatically resizing parts?

Revert back to 1.44 and wait for 1.48. As for which configs go with which mods, the filename for the cfgs are pretty clear, although some use common abbreviations for mods (KW, NP etc for KW Rocketry and NovaPunch etc).

Hey, i am having a problem that seems to be caused by tweakscale because as soon as i remove tweakscale from gamedata folder it all seems to work fine.
I have the same beug

Could I ask that one or both of you provide a full output_log.txt file? And can you confirm that you've tested this on an install with only TweakScale and ModuleManager present to confirm it's actually a TS bug?

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Revert back to 1.44 and wait for 1.48. As for which configs go with which mods, the filename for the cfgs are pretty clear, although some use common abbreviations for mods (KW, NP etc for KW Rocketry and NovaPunch etc).

Could I ask that one or both of you provide a full output_log.txt file? And can you confirm that you've tested this on an install with only TweakScale and ModuleManager present to confirm it's actually a TS bug?

arfff i test whit only TweakScale and it's normaly work...

i will try to instal mod by mod to find the bad mod

the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8cxtdl4pbqc7bf/output_log_tweark.txt?dl=0

Revert back to 1.44 and wait for 1.48.

That may be an issue I need to raise with the KSP-CKAN project, as I'm not seeing an option to go back to 1.44. (see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-(CKAN)-Package-Manager )

As for which configs go with which mods, the filename for the cfgs are pretty clear, although some use common abbreviations for mods (KW, NP etc for KW Rocketry and NovaPunch etc).

Maybe to someone that's deep in the mods. While I can deduce some, others I can't, specifically:

• AIES
  • BananaForScale
  • BetterRovermates
  • KAX
  • KH_SEE
  • KSO
  • KSPX
  • LLL
  • NASA (Assume that's the ARM related stuff)
  • NFT
  • RLA
  • SDHI-SMS
  • SXT
  • TALCARGO
  • Tantaresw
  • TVPP
  • UKLD
  • Warp

Point is, you should never just assume that your user knows everything, and information like this should be documented somewhere.

Edited by almagnus1

arfff i test whit only TweakScale and it's normaly work...

i will try to instal mod by mod to find the bad mod

the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8cxtdl4pbqc7bf/output_log_tweark.txt?dl=0

Well mine also worked fine with only TweakScale and ModuleManager AND i went ahead and tried every mod i was using.

The problem was KSP Interstellar and more specifically the WarpPlugin folder. Please try this Broken and tell me if its the same for you, any suggestion anyone???

( I made a clean install with just the WarpPlugin,TweakScale and MM and the problem was there)

Hi, it seems your mod had touched the weak point of the gmae system. It just keeps causing various problems(bugs). but I still think it' s a extraordinary mod that could lead the tendency of the game or the game itself should consider to integrate the scale tweaking someday.

I' ve got some issues about TweakScale that are happening in my game. I think that there might be someone who has already reported the similar problem to you, because it happens in the current version(1.47). So I will give it a breif describe and if it is not enough to make sense, hope you can reply me and I' ll see what more about the bug' s details that I can give you.

The bugs are describe as below:

By keep clicking on the scale tweaking button to switch the size of a part between two ranks, the mass of this part will simply pile up to a enormous figure. This will be recovered by correcct mass data as soon as you go for launch.

Once in flight, the parts that has been tweaked can become heaver every time game loads the ship. Now I have found the stocked 2.5m-360-FuelTank(I changed it into a 3.75m one while it weights over than 200t in savefiles) and the large battery have this problem.

The mod switch part' s size automaticly when part attched. It works to some parts, some not(all stocked). Sometimes tweaks it into right size, sometimes not, especially adapters. (And when I try to switch it back, the first bug happens, gaining more weight on MJ vessel information)

It seems the 0.44 version does not has these problems.

Hope the next release to be better.

Just joining the bug report trend. I went from .44 to .47 and now stuff is going nuts

Edit: Now that I'm sober I can be more helpful. After I updated a lot of parts resized themselves to the largest possible size. Simply scaling them back down to 100 didn't work, because after launch they were big again. I had to rebuild the ship and now I don't have a problem.

Some parts however, while resized in the hanger, return to their stock size once I launch

Reporting same issue here. In .47 everything bloats to 400% size, scaling back doesn't fix it (parts become offset and do not revert to original positions). Reverting to .44 fixes the problem, for now...

Fizban, Try deleting the warp.cfg file from your tweakscale folder, and see if the problem persists.

What will happen to the resized items of the interstellar mod if i launch my save without warp.cfg will they just get their standard size or will they dissapear and make my vessels disappear?

There seems to be a problem with Tweakscale and KAS.

When opening a container taking a part and putting it back again, and then opening that container again by right clicking on the part makes that part to scale down. If you keep doing this sometimes it will scale it up instead.

I will edit this post and post a screenshot of what I mean later just in case.

Although you said this in your initial post:

(cut)

EDIT: I just tried to test with only TweakScale installed. Although the autoscaling bug is less obvious, the reloading bug is still as deadly as ever.

Confirmed here.

I found reload bug after landing big mining(karbonite) rover on the mun.

after several reloads wheels got eaten by kraken -> reaction wheel changed mass to 1048576 tons.

to recover from that i had to:

- change it's mass in persistent.sfl to normal

- reload game(every ship) without tweakscale installed.

- install 1.44 reload all ships

- change scale of all scaled componnents of all ships to correct value in persistent.sfl

- enjoy working game.

Guys, I fell in love with this mod but have encountered a game breaking issue. I built a ship and scaled a kethane tank and a couple other parts.

Everytime I reload the scene (like go to space center, or switch to another vessel) my ship weighs more each time. after 2 or 3 reloads it weighs over 1000 tons and have NO power in its thrust at MINMUS!!!!!

Currently I haven't even had a chance to fill it with kethane so even with an empty tank it keeps getting heavier and heavier.

Please help me.

I'm not sure if this an issue with the current version (v1.47) but some stock parts my first generation communication satelites are now suddenly blown out of proportion (100 times it original size), causing them to no longer function properly.

Are the any save file fixes I can apply to repair them? Or simply revert to a previous version of Tweakscale? What version would be stable?

Edited by FreeThinker

Well mine also worked fine with only TweakScale and ModuleManager AND i went ahead and tried every mod i was using.

The problem was KSP Interstellar and more specifically the WarpPlugin folder. Please try this Broken and tell me if its the same for you, any suggestion anyone???

( I made a clean install with just the WarpPlugin,TweakScale and MM and the problem was there)

I test, less Interstellar, my game work normally :/

Hi I am trying to tweakscale the robotic arms from romfarer but cant seem to get it to work has anyone done this at all

This works

@PART[Buran?Manipulator] 
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}
@PART[ISS?CanadArm2]
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

While I can deduce some, others I can't, specifically:

• AIES
  • BananaForScale
  • BetterRovermates
  • KAX = Kerbal Aircraft Expansion
  • KH_SEE = Klockheed Martian Space Shuttle Engines
  • KSO = Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System
  • KSPX = Kerbal Stock Part eXpanansion
  • LLL = LackLuster Labs
  • NASA (Assume that's the ARM related stuff) = yes, the stock ARM stuff
  • NFT = Near Future Technologies
  • RLA = RLA Stockalike
  • SDHI-SMS - SumDum Heavy Industries - Service Module System
  • SXT = Lacks Stock Expansion
  • TALCARGO = Tals Cargo Solutions
  • Tantaresw
  • TVPP = Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace
  • UKLD = http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/34664-Large-Structural-Station-Components-20-Compatible-Release-Thread
  • Warp = KSP Interstellar

Sorry, I missed this. The mods they target are bolded. Others.. well, rather unsurprisingly, BetterRoverMates.cfg targets the BetterRoveMates mod. If I said Agencia de Investigaciones Espaciales Suprema, you wouldn't be any wiser as to what mod that is because it's usually just called AIES. Most, if not all, the ones you're unsure about or ones I haven't spelled out can be found by Googling "ksp BananaForScale" or whatever. I'd link the mods, but again, googling them is sufficient.

Is there any news on the update? I know it was being worked on and was almost ready.

Autoscale and chain scaling are now both toggleable, and will work correctly across adapters. I could have made a release now, but I need sleep, and I should test more.