How to reuse Goo Containers if I have a MSL?

I have a Mun orbital station with MSL, and a lander with goo containers. I processed all the possible data. Now, the containers are still open, and the review window says it will be inoperable after transmission.

I want to reset the container (but store the results somewhere) and undock and land to another biome, and bring more data.

What should I do?

Edited by Kulebron

I have a Mun orbital station with MSL, and a lander with goo containers. I processed all the possible data. Now, the containers are still open, and the review window says it will be inoperable after transmission.

I want to reset the container (but store the results somewhere) and undock and land to another biome, and bring more data.

What should I do?

Go EVA with your lander pilot, get close to the containers and collect the data from there, go to the MSL and store it there (you can also store all the other experiments there, and it will allow you to store multiple of the same kind, wich regular vessels wont), to reset the goo containers you need 2 guys inside the MSL (if you grab the ladder near the door you will se the option to get inside, also if u click on the little door you can make the guys inside go EVA, since they dont display in the lower right corner like in regular vessels) also you need the lander to be a part of the station with the MSL (with a docking port), once this is fullfilled, right clicking on the MSL will give you the option "Reset stations" or something like that, wich will automatically reset all your goo containers (it costs some energy). All of this also applies to the small materials lab, you reset it the same way as goos.

Btw if you have experiments stored into the MSL and you right click on it, you can boost the transmission science you recieve from the experiments a 25% (this also costs energy).

Hope i helped u out :)

Edit: Nedal ninjaed me, and yes the option is "clean experiments" not reset stations :P

Edited by tuku473

Yeah. I usually pull out the science from all sources, science Jr /goo containers/and all data collectors gravioli etc. Take it all, store it in the pod. I never actually process the data as I always return the pod containing all the science to kerbin. But after you pull the science, then click or right click (I forget which) the lab and hit "clean experiments". This will make them usable again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that's fine. Cleaning the experiments after collecting the data will make it usable again.

Yes, this is because if you dont have a MSL you cant reuse it for the rest of the travel, thats when the MSL comes in, to reset it and make it reusable again

Edit: as Nedal just stated, its better to keep every single experiment, data collection and surface sample, inside the MSL if you happen to have one around, of course eva reports and iva reports you can just transmit right away since u always get 100% from those

Edited by tuku473

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.