[1.3] Kerbal Flight Indicators (Release 15, 2017-08-14)

DaMichel

The only thing i like less than navhud, is the way banking is displayed - to me not too intuitive, and more importantly inaccurate. When the entire yellow heading indicator rotates, one can level the wings more accurately. Then again, only when pitching to the horizon.

So in a way, with the way this mod does it, wing levelling is less accurate, but at least it's always the same accuracy, no matter the pitch. A solution could be to simply allow configurable scale of the indicator.

Edited by rynak

I suppose the inner indicator doing the banking could be larger. Problem is that depending on the camera perspective, the view is distorted so that, without an additional horizontal guide, you cannot tell your bank angle. It has never been designed for precision either. You probably want an additional mod that shows the banking angle.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, this looks nice.

May I make a suggestion (more of a request, really)

Could you add surface icons for contracts, like, let's say I have a EVA report at surface at zone X contract. When you reach Y distance from the zone, an EVA icon shows up where the zone is located (please make it able to also say the distance if you're going to attempt this).

Could be useful.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Would be really nice if there was an option (or hotkey) to toggle it off. I'm absolutely in love with this mod for airplane flight, but it's a bit silly and distracting for rockets or even Kerbals on EVA.

You might even be able to make it an intelligent toggle?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06.01.2016 at 10:05 AM, AmoebaMan said:

Would be really nice if there was an option (or hotkey) to toggle it off. I'm absolutely in love with this mod for airplane flight, but it's a bit silly and distracting for rockets or even Kerbals on EVA.

You might even be able to make it an intelligent toggle?

+1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-10 at 1:34 AM, Maschinenbauer said:

bummer... I need that one. NavHud is way too overloaded with stuff. I got used to this handy little tool.

You can right-click on the NavHud icon in blizzy78's toolbar to get its config editor, where you can turn off what you don't want.

On 22.4.2016 at 11:42 PM, Jacke said:

You can right-click on the NavHud icon in blizzy78's toolbar to get its config editor, where you can turn off what you don't want.

I did it, thx to your suggestion! It worked, BUT it's not the same. It's far from ideal for piloting aircraft. No artificial horizon and way too big indicators IMO.

But thx for being helpful :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.