[1.3] Kerbal Flight Indicators (Release 15, 2017-08-14)

DaMichel

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is great! It works amazing with mouse aim flight, I don't have to guess what my attitude is.

The one problem is for some reason all of the indicators are super low resolution for my ksp install, can anyone help me debug this problem?

The logs didn't have any indicator as to the problem, so I'm not linking it.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. No changes for the user intended.

However with this round of updates, I introduce useful common toolbar handling code to my plugins.

@N1njawarrior Thanks. And ... Odd. Here is a wild guess. You set low texture resolution in the graphics options? I'm not sure if that would have an effect on my GameObjects. Apart from that, can you reproduce the issue with just KFI installed?

Edited by DaMichel

Yes, I do have my graphic set to minimal, also after further study I discovered your settings menu for Blizzy's toolbar isn't working. I will try to reproduce the problems with only KFI installed, though this mac has been known to be unconducive to debugging.

I really do enjoy this mod, and from the footage I've seen with the graphics working properly, it also looks amazing, keep up the good work! :)

I've had an issue since the update for 1.1 where the indicators will cancel out aerodynamic affects.  The square of transparency around the icons are actually making aerodynamic effects behind them go invisible.

Edited by Razgriz01

Oh well, I confirm the texture issue. I didn't expect this. I will think of a solution for the next update.

Regarding the aeroeffects: Yes I noticed a while ago but was too lazy to do anything about it.

Most likely I will switch back to using GUI classes and have the indicators always drawn in front of the IVA cockpit. That would fix both issues.

@N1njawarrior " I discovered your settings menu for Blizzy's toolbar isn't working" what do you mean by this? I should add that some ID of the button changed. Therefore the button will likely be hidden in the toolbar at first. However, It should show up  in the configuration section so you can put it back into the toolbar.

Edited by DaMichel

• 3 weeks later...

Great mod! So a poke, for an update.

Also would be nice to have it bound to a key, maybe "y" like navhud, And/or switch for Blizzy's toolbar to the vanilla one.

Edited by Bilb0

• 1 month later...

Did you try it? I have no issues with KSP 1.1.3 64 bit windows. What is left to do is update the thread title, I guess ...

Both toolbars are supported. In order to show or hide the respective button, you have to edit settings.cfg. It is located in GameData\KerbalFlightIndicators\Plugins\PluginData\KerbalFlightIndicators

Simply setting

useToolbar = true
useAppLauncher = True

to either true or false should do the trick. Please report back if it does not work.

Edited by DaMichel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering if the mod author is still around, with plans to update this for KSP 1.3. Please note, I'm not requesting an update now, or soon, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I just love this mod, and see it's been inactive here since Feb. So I'm just curious. this is a main mod for me flying planes, and I'd hate to lose it.

54 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Just wondering if the mod author is still around, with plans to update this for KSP 1.3. Please note, I'm not requesting an update now, or soon, and I'm not trying to be rude or anything. I just love this mod, and see it's been inactive here since Feb. So I'm just curious. this is a main mod for me flying planes, and I'd hate to lose it.

Thanks for reminding me to try it in 1.3. I'll see if it causes any hiccups. It's one of my "really like to have" mods, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just checked the source file. There is literally nothing need to be changed for 1.3. Just grab a compiler you like and compile the source then we are good to go for 1.3. Because it is a bit difficult to go through the addon posting process, I would rather like the author do this. 

By the way this is really the must for all helicopter pilots. 

• 1 month later...

Few days ago I watched a documentary on the Pak-FA fighter. And soon I felt like building planes in KSP again ... :P

As a side effect I recompiled my mods for KSP 1.3. Although the old binary probably also works. I did not try.

Regarding CKAN, I updated the mod specs for KFD and KFI. As soon as they are merged into the main repository the mods should appear under the proper version again.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2017 at 9:46 PM, DaMichel said:

Few days ago I watched a documentary on the Pak-FA fighter. And soon I felt like building planes in KSP again ... :P

If you want that one (now called KU-57 :)) i can send you the .craft file

CD2AA73CE2CF4BBE537E07D3E04EF7199C1A37DD

Flies very well, definitely needs Atmosphere Autopilot  as it's an unstable design, and of course it's made with FAR in mind.

Love your mod :) Simple, clean, effective, makes flying planes and spaceplanes a lot more pleasing.

• 5 months later...

Just a note to inform everyone that I have assumed support of this mod in @DaMichel's absense.

Link to updated mod is here:  

I have attempted to contact the mod author to let them know of my intentions.  Details are in the thread above.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 4 weeks later...

huh.  Your new version is completely unindexed on CPAN to this day; that may be due to the fact that you didn't change the name at all...?  not sure but it's been a month and DaMichel's version is still the latest available on CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.