Interstellar

CaptRobau

This movie looks very interesting! Definitely going to go see it. Still wondering if in the trailer they are on an alien planet or Earth?

Why would they go in an interstellar spacecraft just to go to Greenland or whatever?

Pay attention to the scene where they first appear on the surface of the planet-in the distance the female astronaut is walking with some kind of black rectangular robot. Then it appears near the end on water once again.

• 1 month later...
I don't think anyone would be unable to tell the difference between a wave and a mountain.

Especially when they have space age instruments.

You wouldn't be able to tell, you enter a completely alien solar system never before mapped/examined.

Apart from that, I hope the movie won't disappoint us, though I doubt it. This is CN after all!

Let's analyzee the Endurance:

FoOsD2L.png

Apparently the center piece is made up of 4 parts-2 triangular-ish shaped atmospheric ships, and 2 other on the sides which have a slightly different shape. Apparently they can all detach and land on a celestial body with an atmosphere. The pods on the sides have power, crew spaces, engines and storage modules.

Let's analyzee the Endurance:

[snip]

Apparently the center piece is made up of 4 parts-2 triangular-ish shaped atmospheric ships, and 2 other on the sides which have a slightly different shape. Apparently they can all detach and land on a celestial body with an atmosphere. The pods on the sides have power, crew spaces, engines and storage modules.

I'm wondering what sort of propulsion Endurance utilizes to reach the wormhole out at Saturn (Or is the planet used for a gravity assist?). Also wondering if the entire ship is launched by the Saturn V in the trailer, or assembled in orbit?

Edited by Airlock

I'm wondering what sort of propulsion Endurance utilizes to reach the wormhole out at Saturn (Or is the planet used for a gravity assist?). Also wondering if the entire ship is launched by the Saturn V in the trailer, or assembled in orbit?

In one of the TV spots, we see one of the razor-shaped ships on the Saturn V, so they just launched the small ship and they presumably docked with the Endurance later on and set off. No way could the Saturn V launch that ship whole!

I'm sorry, maybe its already been said...

But nothing that I've seen of this movie's plot makes any sense...

Earth is in the midst of some sort of ecological catastrophe, and to save humanity....they are going to send a handful of people onto the other side of a wormhole out around saturn to do..... ???????

Step 1: Find wormhole

Step 2: visit wormhole

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!

I'd be fien with a movie just about exploration... but this whole tilt of "saving humanity" from some non-descript crisis... I don't get it.

Yes, eventually humanity will need to get off this planet to avoid extinction... but IMO, that should be more of an abstraction.

We're not going to evacuate even a tiny fraction of the planet... we won't save but a handfull, all we'd do is spread our "seed" so others may continue the legacy... but space exploration of this sort isn't going to save anyone "back home"

We can see the ship better in this image.

Bx1-2OOCcAAxh0w.jpg:large

4 sets of engines right there.

I'm sorry, maybe its already been said...

But nothing that I've seen of this movie's plot makes any sense...

Earth is in the midst of some sort of ecological catastrophe, and to save humanity....they are going to send a handful of people onto the other side of a wormhole out around saturn to do..... ???????

Step 1: Find wormhole

Step 2: visit wormhole

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit!

I'd be fien with a movie just about exploration... but this whole tilt of "saving humanity" from some non-descript crisis... I don't get it.

Yes, eventually humanity will need to get off this planet to avoid extinction... but IMO, that should be more of an abstraction.

We're not going to evacuate even a tiny fraction of the planet... we won't save but a handfull, all we'd do is spread our "seed" so others may continue the legacy... but space exploration of this sort isn't going to save anyone "back home"

I know, but we'll have to wait. Remember "Gravity"? Nobody knew what the plot was gonna be, but it turned out great.

We can see the ship better in this image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx1-2OOCcAAxh0w.jpg:large

4 sets of engines right there.

I know, but we'll have to wait. Remember "Gravity"? Nobody knew what the plot was gonna be, but it turned out great.

Agree, also on the image there notice there are 4 ships on the front of the ship. Amazing how cleverly they are put together there!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.