[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

Update v0.2.02 released

change log:

bug fix: starting plugin with toolbar could lead into loading an old save file

bug fix: switching to tracking station, while flying dropped stage, doesn't kicks you to main vessel

bug fix: the disabled texture for the stock toolbar is not loaded

recovering vessel in sandbox now prints a recovery message

bounce suppression for the reset button gui added

Update v0.2.03 released

change log:

serious bug fixed: switching to spacecenter or trackingstation, while flying a dropped vessel, doesn't kicks you to your main vessel

also effects the recover button above the altimeter

decouple detection delay increased

auto thrust cut off delay decreased

main menu module added (deletes wrong save values after a game crash)

• 2 weeks later...

Update v0.3.00 released

change log:

massive code overhaul of the essential functions (ModuleManager is now required)

KSP-AVC support added

strategy support added (recovery factor)

messaging system now can be disabled in the settings

max window height reduced

some minor bug fixes

WIP feature ThrustLogger added

If you encounter any bugs:

Please check the "write debug messages to log file" option in the settings, recreate the bug and send me the log file.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this mod adds so many possibilities. :)

Before My "reusable" launch platform got the ship up into space and then the ship had to burn to achieve stable orbit. After which I had to switch back to the launch vehicle and hope it hadn't fallen back into the atmosphere yet. I was never good enough to make a space plane that could actually carry decent size cargo into space to have it as a launch platform.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I notice that FMRS desactivate contract when he is armed during flight. If I disarm FMRS, these contracts are validated at the end of the mission, otherwise they are not. I always finish my mission by pressing "Recover Vessel".

Tested on KSP 0.25 32 bits OpenGL modded and stock.

I love this very great mod, thank you for help! :D

Great Mod. Exactly what I always wanted. How is the compatibility with Kerbal Construction Time? Any known issues? Both mess around with savegames so I guess there is a lot potential for chaos. But it would be great to combine the two mods.

No problem on my game (KCT + StageRecovery).

Edited by Misucat

@SIT89

First of all, let me thank you for this beautiful mod!

With it's help we can satisfy our craving for economy of funds and complexity of technical solutions.

The process of design of launch vehicles has become much more interesting now.

Unfortunately I found little bug, which spoils KSP's GUI:

991sZ8j.png?1

In the fact your mod changes style of many standard GUI elements and also affect other mods which use standard styles (FAR for example).

Anyway, I did little fix (or rather stub) for this problem. You will find details and proposed changes of the code in the pull request on GitHub.

Does this mod let me position a VTOL hovering at 0m/s in any direction while I switch to a ground vessel 50metres from it, which I then drive up to the VTOL and attach the VTOL's tethers to the rover, then raise it from the ground?

What's stopping you from doing that already? If you have SAS enabled and a TWR=1 you should stay in place just fine while switching targets.

Anyway, I think kOS would be better for that. Programming a simple hovering script isn't too difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod idea ! Was looking for a while for something like this. I am having trouble using this. After getting my main ship to orbit I attempt to go back to a staged booster that has real chute on it. When clicking on it "Shuttle Debris" it takes me to the part where I staged , but the boosters have disappeared. Is this because they have not fixed the 22km rule yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried it for 0.90, but when i recover my not-main vessel, the pilot is "missing in action".

Here is what i tried:

1st: TakeOff. 82.3 tons total weight, 4 seats for transporter, 1 in shuttle rocket. Park brakes, fire up 10 TurboJet Engines, release Break when engines turn orange. Liftoff at 110m/s.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/bdkhf8vq_png.html

Bring the Plane up to 20.000m at 1.100 m/s and hit Hotkey 1. Solid Booster start, decoupler decouples, and the upper 4 engines of the plane are switched off. Since the rocket is mounted a few degrees up, it immediatelly starts flying upwards away from the plane

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/gulsds7b_png.htm

Land the Plane somewhere safe. Note the Plugin showing the decoupled rocket.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/wkkdxinq_png.htm

After landing, clicked the Button below "Stage 3" with the ship name.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/5t7s25jw_png.htm

Game will go back in time to when the ship was decoupled - fly the rocket into orbit (the solid boosters are almost enough):

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/dcwb2wbe_png.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/fd3nttic_png.htm

Reentry into atmosphere for landing. Unfortunatly the rocket is build really bad and too nose-heavy, so it can't be landed. Has no landing gear anyway:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/32s2jsdd_png.htm

So just use the parachutes to land savely

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/t5amj7rl_png.htm

After landing, I clicked "Recover" on the top of the screen (as usual)

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/8c7xjfci_png.htm

Game went back to Spaceport and immediately switched to the main vessel (no recover screen for the decoupled rocket):

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3839/ofj6theg_png.htm

Recovered main Vessel. Unfortunatly something is wrong with recovering the decoupled part - pilot is "missing in action" and parts are not recovered. But at least i could fly them both, and besides the recovering it all worked great :)

exactly. I did not check whether only the kerbals are missing, or the recover process as a whole fails - tried it in sandbox mode and did not check the refunding for the parts. When recovering the decoupled part, the recover window pops up but the mod switches to the main vessel before i can click "done" in the recover window. Maybe that is the problem.

Update v0.3.01 released

change log:

compiled with 0.90

minor fixes to support the update

bug fix: changes the default text size of the game

If you encounter any bugs:

Please check the "write debug messages to log file" option in the settings, recreate the bug and send me the log file.

Thank you!

How well does this mod play with things like stage recovery? I was thinking of using both together so i can fly/recover stages with command pods/probes, and have stage recovery give me recovery funds for stages with no control (like boosters).

Shameless plug, but this should have GREAT synergy with my re-released and re-balanced (from the apparently dead Stanford Torus mod) Mass Driver mod...

Who DOESN'T love shooting a craft up at 300-400 m/s (in FAR, of course) using a ground-based mass driver, with a first stage built to do little more than sustain that velocity (ideally, one with a lot of thrust but with an even heavier upper stage on top), and then recovering that first stage Space-X style? :cool:

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Mod should be good but I have a serious bug (maybe is it a feature but in that case, wrong choice of feature) : all my launches won't grant any science nor validate contracts, despite everything was ok (I got the signal announcing contract was successful).

I have to remove the mod due to this.

Edited by Yzangard

Hello,

Mod should be good but I have a serious bug (maybe is it a feature but in that case, wrong choice of feature) : all my launches won't grant any science nor validate contracts, despite everything was ok (I got the signal announcing contract was successful).

Same issue here, KSP OS X v0.90 and FMRS v0.3.01. Successfully do a mission, carry out the contract and get the in-flight message to say the contract was completed. Then when you get back to the space centre, the contract is still in the contracty-buildingy-thingy and it's as if you haven't flown the mission.

Hello,

I had the same problem, could not solve it, so I also removed the mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.