[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

Quick question. No not when is it coming out. I understand that you are working on it and we all appreciate that. I was just wondering if you thought it would break an already in progress career save. I imagine I wont need it right at the start and was just wondering if i could add this in mid career.

Update v1.0.00 released

change log:

compatible with KSP 1.0.2

If you encounter any bugs:

Please check the "write debug messages to log file" option in the settings, recreate the bug and send me the log file.

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question. No not when is it coming out. I understand that you are working on it and we all appreciate that. I was just wondering if you thought it would break an already in progress career save. I imagine I wont need it right at the start and was just wondering if i could add this in mid career.

No it wont break existing save files. You can install and delete the plugin at any time.

this is going to be so useful for launching the 0.35m probe parts i'm planning on making to launch from the underside of planes :D I had completely forgotten about this mod, thank you for this!

Edited by Squiggsy

[...]

The Flight Manager for Reusable Stages V1.0.00!

[...]

Change log

v1.0.00

[INDENT]compatible with KSP 1.0.2
[/INDENT]

v0.3.02

[INDENT]bug fix: Recovering main vessel leads into mission progress loss
[/INDENT]

[...]

[...]

Last edited by SIT89; Yesterday at 00:53.

Sooo, ... is it now considered a stable mod?

Oh, congrats on release. *GGG*

Still has some awkward moments when you are not used to play with it*, but overall a very cool mod.

--------------

*= I assume here that since 0.3.02 nothing has change in mechanic. In which (and 0.90,too) I had a separation without any thrust of any engine ... which lead, after I loaded the booster landing scene) to that the main rocket crashed into (which was flown away originally.. after the separation) the booster stages and destroyed them all in (a) very fiery explosion(s).

Well Kerbal fireworks ... nothing unusual.

Would it be possible to make the 1st ship/stage fly off while you are controlling the second ship/stage? I guess it would probably be a lot more hassle to program and more memory-intensive than the current system but I would love to be able to drop a rover from a helicopter or VTOL and watch it fly off!

Would it be possible to make the 1st ship/stage fly off while you are controlling the second ship/stage? I guess it would probably be a lot more hassle to program and more memory-intensive than the current system but I would love to be able to drop a rover from a helicopter or VTOL and watch it fly off!

AFAIK you have 10 seconds to select the "main mission" after stage separation.

I guess that's less memory intensive than recording every movement of your ship and the throttle of every engine (to make it compatible with mods like davon throttle control systems) from when you separate a stage and then redoing them all after you revert to separation.

Edited by volcanicshrimp

Do I use this wrong or is something broken:

Nfu2K8dm.pngOq7qO9am.pngf1TVUc2m.pngwsHO0Sqm.png

I have a small test rocket with two recoverable boosters (stock chutes, but real chutes module). After landing the main rocket, I go back to the first booster and wait until it lands. Afterwards I klick the second booster in the list to land it, but than the first booster isn't remembered to have landed, so is the second one. If I than swap back to the main rocket, none of the booster is listed to have landed at all.

Edited by Spanier

Do I use this wrong or is something broken:

I have a small test rocket with two recoverable boosters (stock chutes, but real chutes module). After landing the main rocket, I go back to the first booster and wait until it lands. Afterwards I klick the second booster in the list to land it, but than the first booster isn't remembered to have landed, so is the second one. If I than swap back to the main rocket, none of the booster is listed to have landed at all.

Also having the same thing here. Disappointing as this is awesome when it does work correctly.

Question: right now the plugin starts with every launch, with a window in the middle of the screen to arm the plugin. This is annoying, as I am currently testing probe designs and don't need this functionality. Can I disable the plugin from being active at launch somewhere in the settings? I like the functionality when I build craft that have reusable parts like my main lifter design, but I don't need it when I want to launch a cheap craft with SRBs.

Does this still require a parachute or pod?

Can it be configured to look for a "magic" part, and only save those?

are there any "parachutes for ants" that can be used to `fool` the mod into triggering to watch aerodynamically stable probes land?

Edited by JoCRaM

Does this still require a parachute or pod?

Can it be configured to look for a "magic" part, and only save those?

are there any "parachutes for ants" that can be used to `fool` the mod into triggering to watch aerodynamically stable probes land?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't require a parachute, just a probe core or a command pod (or RealChutes parachutes). So it should work for what you want to do. It's been a little while since I played around with it though, so I could be wrong.

I am having an issue with this mod (which normally works a charm and I LOVE by the way) essentially I am building a part pack for aeroplane launched rockets and tiny probes, and this mod works perfectly if I separate the stage, then activate the rockets engine in the next stage (although upon reverting to separation the fx dont show and the rocket appears to fall out of the sky) however if I activate my engine and decouple in the same stage, when i revert back to separation the FX shows and the rocket launches away, but when I land the plane, and then click "Jump back to Main Mission" nothing happens, I cannot return to the main rocket stage I launched.

the Log file shows this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at FMRS.FMRS_Core.recover_vessel (Guid parent_vessel, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 recover_vessels, .Game recover_save, .Game savegame) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FMRS.FMRS_Core.save_landed_vessel (Boolean auto_recover_allowed, Boolean ForceRecover) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FMRS.FMRS_Core.jump_to_vessel (System.String main) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FMRS.FMRS_Core.MainGUI (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

full log can be found here: http://tny.cz/4d0cad8e

Hello! Sorry if it had already been discussed, but – why mod supports only RealChutes parachutes, and doesn't support stock ones? I look though the code and it looks like to treat vessels with stock chute as controllable you just need to add another check (not only for RealChuteModule, but also for stock ModuleParachute). Or there are some hidden problems?

I have a serious issues with this mod... i don't know why but when i launch my last rocket, around at 4500-5000m the plugin turn off, and i can't do anything to turn it back on...

I tried to make it a manned rocket, but the issue keep happen.

i checked the flight report, the rocket is still in one piece, but at 5000m in flight out of the launchpad, no matter what, the plugin turn off and become unresponsive...

The only thing that is different from my previous rockets are the presence of the "twin boars" boosters...

Edited by Keymaster89

I am having an issue with this mod (which normally works a charm and I LOVE by the way) essentially I am building a part pack for aeroplane launched rockets and tiny probes, and this mod works perfectly if I separate the stage, then activate the rockets engine in the next stage (although upon reverting to separation the fx dont show and the rocket appears to fall out of the sky) however if I activate my engine and decouple in the same stage, when i revert back to separation the FX shows and the rocket launches away, but when I land the plane, and then click "Jump back to Main Mission" nothing happens, I cannot return to the main rocket stage I launched.

the Log file shows this:

full log can be found here: http://tny.cz/4d0cad8e

I'm also getting this and FMRS has vanished from my toolbar (stock & Blizzy)

Besides Spanier and I is anyone else having problems with FMRS not saving updated states of other crafts?I can switch to sperated crafts correctly but if I switch back to the main craft its status resets to separation.

I am also having this issue. I'm not really sure how to pick out what is important or not in the debug log, but I could supply a complete debug log for the flight.

Soooo.... new details: I've discovered that removing and reinstalling FMRS resolves the issue.... kinda. It works the next time I run KSP, but if I exit KSP and start it up again, FMRS ceases to work again. I use the 64-bit Linux version (Ubuntu 14.04), if that makes any difference.

Edited by Drake1500

I'm also getting this and FMRS has vanished from my toolbar (stock & Blizzy)

I actually fixed this by just simply removing it and re-extracting into GameData from the zip, everything works fine now!

I actually fixed this by just simply removing it and re-extracting into GameData from the zip, everything works fine now!

It looks like it was conflicting with Stage Recovery as it worked after I removed SR.

I am also having this issue. I'm not really sure how to pick out what is important or not in the debug log, but I could supply a complete debug log for the flight.

Soooo.... new details: I've discovered that removing and reinstalling FMRS resolves the issue.... kinda. It works the next time I run KSP, but if I exit KSP and start it up again, FMRS ceases to work again. I use the 64-bit Linux version (Ubuntu 14.04), if that makes any difference.

Okay. I finally worked it out. Not sure if this is an issue with FMRS, or SAVE, but FMRS and SAVE were not playing well together for me. I guess the backup feature of SAVE was preventing FMRS from integrating the previous stages, thus causing it to forget what happened to them.

After I removed SAVE and reinstalled FMRS, FMRS started working fine again. I say I'm not sure whose fault it is, because the developer of SAVE says himself that he's not sure if it works on Linux. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105399-1-0-2-S-A-V-E-automatic-backup-system-1-0-1-672)

Is this a known issue between FMRS and SAVE, or just for me? And for Spanier and DigitalProeliator, if you use SAVE, I'd try removing it and reinstalling FMRS, then see if FMRS starts working again.

Besides Spanier and I is anyone else having problems with FMRS not saving updated states of other crafts?I can switch to sperated crafts correctly but if I switch back to the main craft its status resets to separation.

Yes, I had this issue too. I'm using neither SAVE, nor StageRecovery but behaviour of the mod seems to be highly random. Sometimes it recognizes that a vessel has been recovered but often it doesn't.

Nothing left but to do some trials to find out what's wrong. Because it seems that not all the people experience this.

Edited by Ser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.