[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

Finding various bugs with FMRS and staging. Launching a vessel with FMRS unarmed means I can only activate stage 1, but no other stages. Also finding that switching to a vessel has the same effect, and staging will no longer work.

Here's the output log, took me a while to narrow it down to FMRS (Heavily modded game) but i haven't had the chance to test for any mod conflicts yet.

Is there a way to get the beta version from CKAN? (I'm not sure if there's some trick to it or if it just hasn't been made available there yet. I can always just install it manually, of course, it's just that CKAN makes mod management so much nicer.)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Actually, despite rumors to the contrary, I found it to not work "amazingly" in 1.1.2, or at all, so your mileage my vary.

Same here. Currently investigating potential issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feature request, it would be really cool if FMRS could look at the options in your save and based on whether or not you have revert flights enabled from the difficulty settings would then show or not show the "revert flight" option, I play without revert flights enabled and don't like having the temptation to just revert when something goes wrong :P a simple option to disable it in FMRS would be fine too, either would be really good to see added in the future :)

Edit: While playing I just realised using F2 to hide the UI for taking screenshots doesn't hide FMRS, would also be nice if it obeyed the F2 hide interface ability

Edited by bradleyjh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

really?

which link?

the beta doesn't work.

in Curse (NOT CURSEFORGE): 

http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220566-fmrs-x1-1-00-01#t1:other-downloads 

And select the option "Other Downloads" (Where the link shows) and the first is the 1.1 Beta. Thats it.

Edited by Giuliano

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Northstar1989 said:

Clearly yes.  Look at the earlier posts.  ^^^

I know, that's my post they're all quoting up there. :cool:

But the beta is four months old now, and there hasn't been a peep since then about a new beta version, a release, or even updating CKAN. In fact, @SIT89 hasn't even visited the forum since then.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I somehow force a merge other than through recovery?

If instead of launching the main ship to orbit, and recovering a booster, I launch a probe, then turn the ship around and land it, I can't do pretty much anything reasonable - if I recover the ship, the probe vanishes. If I switch to the probe, I can fly it to the orbit, but the ship crashes because its reality is never merged with the landing that was done before - I switch to KSC and see the pilot is MIA.

And if I want to land a bunch of probes and NOT recover them? Leave them to collect science for contracts or serve as beacons?

Is there some way to just force end of FMRS and apply the merge?

Edit: Worse. By the time I land the plane, FMRS is red, and the probe is nowhere to be found...

Edited by Sharpy

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 8:49 PM, Sharpy said:

If instead of launching the main ship to orbit, and recovering a booster, I launch a probe, then turn the ship around and land it, I can't do pretty much anything reasonable - if I recover the ship, the probe vanishes. If I switch to the probe, I can fly it to the orbit, but the ship crashes because its reality is never merged with the landing that was done before - I switch to KSC and see the pilot is MIA.

And if I want to land a bunch of probes and NOT recover them? Leave them to collect science for contracts or serve as beacons?

Edit: Worse. By the time I land the plane, FMRS is red, and the probe is nowhere to be found...

for me it looks like you should use different "priorities". Just before launching probe switch to "control from here" on probe core. Then launch probe - carrier should vanish. Once probe is in the orbit switch back to carrier plane and land it. Once landed, switch back to probe - voila.

1 hour ago, przybysz86 said:

for me it looks like you should use different "priorities". Just before launching probe switch to "control from here" on probe core. Then launch probe - carrier should vanish.

Or do what I do: Have no idea where you're controlling from, stage, frantically mash bracket keys until you're looking at the main craft.

Either way, you're right. I think the intended workflow for FMRS is to follow your main mission (probe, in this case) to orbit, then go back and clean up boosters, motherships, etc.

Edited by JacktoseIntolerant

Separate response to these parts:

On 9/3/2016 at 11:49 AM, Sharpy said:

... And if I want to land a bunch of probes and NOT recover them? Leave them to collect science for contracts or serve as beacons?

I don't think so. I may stand to be corrected, but I believe that FMRS does not (and cannot) merge the ships from the other instances. It just figures out the benefits of the recovery, and then mods your main save with that extra money, science, etc.

So your options for landing your discarded stages and keeping them are just the built-in ways:

1. get them all into a stable situation together, then separate and fly them around one at a time
  2. keep them close enough together to stay loaded and switch back and forth between them a bunch
  3. use map view to switch back and forth between them a bunch.

Good luck not crashing with #2 or #3 if you're doing anything more complicated than staging parachutes.

1 hour ago, JacktoseIntolerant said:

Now it's not working for me. I don't think anything changed. Can someone confirm that FMRS beta is working on KSP 1.1.3?

(On Windows, KSP x64)

I use the beta from curse, am on win x64 and using 1.1.3 and is working, make sure you downloaded the beta from going onto the curse files and clicking beta download. 

Okay CKAN users! CKAN now installs the beta version from curse!

So if you want, you can delete your manually installed GameData/FMRS and search for “FMRS” in CKAN. I've tested it and it works, but I make no guarantees.

FYI, compatibility is patched up through 1.1.99, but we'll have to see if it does actually work with 1.2. Any prerelease testers care to check?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.