[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

On 1/18/2016 at 2:19 PM, sarbian said:

https://github.com/SIT89/FMRS/blob/master/Source/FMRS_Core_GUI.cs#L50

Do not use 1 as your windows identifier. They need to be unique for all the windows displayed by active mods 

On 4/24/2016 at 9:21 AM, Stone Blue said:

As Sarbian pointed out above, @SIT89 used a certain number to identify the UI window... I ran across the same issue with the Temperature Gauge mod and NavUtilities mod.... They all use the same number, which should be different, or a wildcard, to identify the window...So all three fight for the same "display", and only one can show at a time using the same number. IIRC, this is hard coded into the plugins, so its not something the average user can fix...

I posted about this in both the Temp. Gauge & NavUtilities threads... I think it was also Sarbian who posted a better explanation on the NavUtilities thread...

What is the best practice for Joe Plugin Developer? An arbitrary, large number? Or is there some kind of way to generate the next available number when it runs?

Hi Guys.

I am not dead, as some might have expected!

I have just uploaded a new version on curse. This is just an experimental build though. (I had no time for excessive testing).

I have added an additional window, in which you can mark a bug in the log file. So if you encounter any bug, please mark it with the addition button and share the log file with an explanation what you have done and what went wrong.

I also fixed the issue with the window id.

I would be really appreciate it, if you could help me out with the testing!

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, JacktoseIntolerant said:

What is the best practice for Joe Plugin Developer? An arbitrary, large number? Or is there some kind of way to generate the next available number when it runs?

Choose a number between -2,147,483,648 and 2,147,483,647. 

2 hours ago, JacktoseIntolerant said:

Maybe generate a hash code from some unique string, e.g. something related to your mod?

10 hours ago, SIT89 said:

Hi Guys.

I am not dead, as some might have expected!

I have just uploaded a new version on curse. This is just an experimental build though. (I had no time for excessive testing).

I have added an additional window, in which you can mark a bug in the log file. So if you encounter any bug, please mark it with the addition button and share the log file with an explanation what you have done and what went wrong.

I also fixed the issue with the window id.

I would be really appreciate it, if you could help me out with the testing!

Thanks a lot!

Hi Sit89, thank you alot for the update, it's one of the must have on my list.

I'll test and report bugs if i find any.

Kind regards.

Ever since updating to 1.1, i can't use FMRS. When I build a ship that works, then put it on to the launchpad, the icon in the toolbar just doesn't show up. I don't have any other mods installed so that won't be the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

On 5/1/2016 at 4:39 AM, BananaIsAFruit said:

Ever since updating to 1.1, i can't use FMRS. When I build a ship that works, then put it on to the launchpad, the icon in the toolbar just doesn't show up. I don't have any other mods installed so that won't be the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

You'll need to install the beta update of FMRS from Curse. Go here, scroll down, and find the “beta” file—not the orange Download button.

Or you can just wait until a final version of the update is published.

Edited by JacktoseIntolerant
punctuation

9 hours ago, JacktoseIntolerant said:

You'll need to install the beta update of FMRS from Curse. Go here, scroll down, and find the "beta" file--not the orange Download button.

Or you can just wait until a final version of the update is published.

Thanks alot.

Ok, found a bug (or maybe i don't know how to set this thing), when i press "F2" the gui doesn't disappear remaining in all my screenshots...

nLlPkkh.jpg

V1P0GOS.jpg

Anyone else having an issue with the recovery button not working? I land the first stage, and can't seem to recover it. If i jump back to the main mission or go to the space centre, the landed stage disappears.

I've double checked and i don't have the auto-recover feature enabled.

On 8/5/2016 at 1:16 AM, Qwarkk said:

Anyone else having an issue with the recovery button not working? I land the first stage, and can't seem to recover it. If i jump back to the main mission or go to the space centre, the landed stage disappears.

I've double checked and i don't have the auto-recover feature enabled.

You must jump back to the "main mission" and close the mod widget, it will ask you "reset the plugin" you click "yes" and it merge the saves.

9 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

Have anyone tested it on 1.1.2?

See:

On 5/3/2016 at 2:46 PM, JacktoseIntolerant said:

Yes, I just tried it.

A few posts above yours. :wink:

I'm trying to use this in 1.1.2 by attaching a RealChute to a booster. I arm the chute before separation. After separation, I can focus on the part, but the parachute never deploys. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Edited by DRW

19 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

So. I have a question. What happens if you crash the secondary craft into the primary craft, destroying both in the process?

>:D

Ah, the old "chicken or the egg" syndrom.....

Don't know.

Cheers.

Ok, first time to try this in 1.1.2

downloaded and installed the beta.  thanks

launched my shuttle and fmrs showed when the two srb's were jettisoned.

Once shuttle achieved stable orbit i went back to one of my srb's.

all is good, sitting there watching my srb with realchute but no probe control.  damn, ok better next time.

went back to my main shuttle 

BAM.

Hello Kracken.

very bloody, very much like gravity movie without the costly actors, just my broccoli boys.

seems i missed some important "do not do this >>>>>" step.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

I am running ksp_win64 on my win64 machine.

• 2 weeks later...

i downloaded the latest version of this mod, and i cant find the GUI, there's nothing on the toolbar at all! I am using the latest modual manager, plus lots of other mods, do you want me to list them?

EDIT: Whoops i downloaded the latest non-beta one and not the 1.1 one! hehe sorry about that! :P  

Edited by SpaceBadger007

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.