[VERY WIP] Syndic's GeologyRocks Mod

Syndic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any word on this mod proceeding further? If not by the OP, then possibly by someone else willing to take up the mantle (no pun intended, though implied). By reading through the previous posts, I personally believe this could be a solid mod, one which that could be a quality product on its own, or with some community support, benefit/enhance some of the current resource/science mods that already exist (DMagic surface parts, Mun Science, Karbonite/Kethane, and the probably forgotten about Rover Science mod are the first to come to mind).

Like others have stated previously, I am also a geologist. In particular, my emphasis is in planetary geology and its future mineral exploration. So, this mod really has my interest peeked, and would be willing to give input where it would be wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just registered for this forum solely so that I can bump this thread yet again.

Another future geologist here (planetary geology, too), and I was looking for a mod that was pretty much this.

Please someone make this for us science buffs, please? (Roverdude, perhaps? Watched a lot of mod vids on YouTube where his name comes up.)

I was thinking, while reading the first post, that these "rocks" could possibly be scraped up from the planetary surface using something like lo-fi's bulldozer. I don't believe it was ever released anywhere, but it was basically large bulldozer surface that, when scraping along the ground, spawned miniature potato-roids in front of it.

This is indeed a very interesting idea, though creating the rocks as standalone parts and having them remain in the save file like regular ships/physics-enabled parts seems like a really bad idea. I'd suggest asking for the help of more seasoned modders, I myself only have experience with graphical stuff but I'll help out if I can. I'll be watching this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Fascinating idea, and I'd love to see it. A random suggestion, though. If they are too hard to find, add a visible flag. Scientists can see them from further off, with the range based on their Level. [Scientists are able to spot potentially interesting formations]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.