[1.10.1] SCANsat [v20.4] -- Real Scanning, Real Science, at Warp Speed! [September 9, 2020]

DMagic

Greetings,

I was hoping for new resource additions according to Stock; now looking at the ScanSat resource scan(etc) I see the same data ported over (or, which I havnt looked at yet) is the use of the Stock scanners to provide Scansat with the resource scanning data; I hope this is the case.

I only added substrate so far to Kerbin's highlands; cant wait to sort out all out !

Looks like Kethane is gonna go ... if I get this to work !

Commander Zeta

Have no idea why I can't get this to work. I used it on Mun fine. I'm trying to scan Minmus now. All I am getting is a grey screen. I was getting a warning of insufficient power so I added 2 gigantors and 2 fuel cells. The stock scanner does its thing (shows ore in map mode) but it never shows up on the scansat screens. I can see my satellite, orbit, and grid markers, as well as a flag previously planted. Nothing else ever gets added. I am in a 250k polar orbit. Since scanning Mun I may have updated OPM and Kopernicus, possibly added Dynamic Texture Replacer. I am not sure when these were added but if others aren't having an issue I imagine that might not be the problem.

3 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

Have no idea why I can't get this to work. I used it on Mun fine. I'm trying to scan Minmus now. All I am getting is a grey screen. I was getting a warning of insufficient power so I added 2 gigantors and 2 fuel cells. The stock scanner does its thing (shows ore in map mode) but it never shows up on the scansat screens. I can see my satellite, orbit, and grid markers, as well as a flag previously planted. Nothing else ever gets added. I am in a 250k polar orbit. Since scanning Mun I may have updated OPM and Kopernicus, possibly added Dynamic Texture Replacer. I am not sure when these were added but if others aren't having an issue I imagine that might not be the problem.

Have you tried any other scanners? What are your SCANsat resource settings? Some pictures of the situation and log files would help?

33 minutes ago, GrimT said:

Is there a hotkey combination to open the SCAN Settings window?  My SCANSat button is missing and I cant find a way to open the settings window either...  any help would be appreciated!

Go to a vessel with a SCANsat part and start a scan, or install Toolbar and add the buttons to that.

13 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Go to a vessel with a SCANsat part and start a scan, or install Toolbar and add the buttons to that.

Ive got a few vessels with scansat parts, and toolbar installed... but still no scansat button oddly enough.

EDIT:  Nevermind me!  I deleted SCANsat and added a fresh install of it.  Ive got my button back!  So strange.  Thanks!

Edited by GrimT

Hi,

I have a problem with the contracts. It spam a tons of message in the debug mod, like 5-10 per seconds for 2-3 seconds and make me lag a lot. If i disable scansat contract the problem is gone. I just reinstall ksp so i don't know if it's because of a new patch. I have v 14.7 on CKAN.

An exemple

I love scansat, thanks for it :)

Edited by swarss
edit link

I am having an issue with scansat not generating maps with the new versions of mechjeb installed I have posted in the thread with the logfile and am posting here to cover both sides worked perfectly up until recently I did a squad only install scansat and MJ doesnt work remove MJ works so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

5 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I am having an issue with scansat not generating maps with the new versions of mechjeb installed I have posted in the thread with the logfile and am posting here to cover both sides worked perfectly up until recently I did a squad only install scansat and MJ doesnt work remove MJ works so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Do you mean not generating new maps? Because the maps are loading fine for me.

7 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

It looks like MechJeb has some changes in how it draws the landing targets on the surface. They were made 2 days ago, so any MJ version after that won't be compatible with SCANsat until I update it. To fix it for now you should be able to go into your SCANsat settings menu and deactivate MechJeb landing guidance mode, if that fails you can always just delete the SCANmechjeb.dll file from the GameData/SCANsat/Plugins folder

Maps in MFDs don't work.

[EXC 21:05:25.344] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SCANsat.SCANcontroller.unloadPQS (.CelestialBody b, Boolean map)
    SCANsat.SCAN_Map.SCANmap.setBody (.CelestialBody b)
    SCANsat.SCAN_UI.JSISCANsatRPM.RedrawMap ()
    SCANsat.SCAN_UI.JSISCANsatRPM.OnUpdate ()
    InternalProp.OnUpdate ()
    InternalModel.OnUpdate ()
    Part.InternalOnUpdate ()
    Part.Update ()

I want to ask the experts if I am on the right track - I have Kopernicus 0.63 along with OPM. Scansat appears to work just fine until I add Asclepius and Kronkus planet packs. Best I can tell they have been updated to 1.0.5 but with Kopernicus 0.5. I love both these packs but is it possible/probable using a newer Kopernicus than they were designed with, would cause Scansat to refuse to map even the stock planets? I would ask on the Kopernicus thread but the planets, with a little orbit tweaking, work fine. My issue is narrowing down the root cause of why Scansat won't work with my install. 

4 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

I want to ask the experts if I am on the right track - I have Kopernicus 0.63 along with OPM. Scansat appears to work just fine until I add Asclepius and Kronkus planet packs. Best I can tell they have been updated to 1.0.5 but with Kopernicus 0.5. I love both these packs but is it possible/probable using a newer Kopernicus than they were designed with, would cause Scansat to refuse to map even the stock planets? I would ask on the Kopernicus thread but the planets, with a little orbit tweaking, work fine. My issue is narrowing down the root cause of why Scansat won't work with my install. 

The current version of SCANsat, 14.7 (and 14.6) should support Kopernicus 0.5x and later, though I've only tested with 0.63. If planet packs don't support the latest version of Kopernicus ask in those threads about getting them updated.

I can't say why SCANsat would be having problems without full logs.

19 hours ago, DMagic said:

I can't say why SCANsat would be having problems without full logs.

Sorry, I know you've told me that before. Assuming I can't figure this out and have to ask again, what logs?  

Never mind, I just learned to read.

-----------

Edit to say, I have everything working now. The problem wasn't the planet packs, a bad install, or outdated mods. In settings under background scanning I had scan all active celestials checked. I thought that would take care of it since the mapping was the active ship. It wasn't until I checked the actual planet I was attempting to scan that it began to work. So, apparently I am the problem - as usual - Sorry and thanks for a great mod.

Edited by Red Shirt

The Logs
These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload theentire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:

• Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
  • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I was checking my settings, and clicked to enable MechJeb targeting...  and now, none of the ScanSat windows will open (the menu or the instruments), and none of the instruments will respond.  I've also lost access to science instrument windows on all vehicles.

Closed and restarted the game, and the condition persists.

Looking at my log I see a ton of

"[EXC 22:19:34.838] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MuMech.GLUtils.DrawMapViewGroundMarker'.
    RenderingManager.OnGUI ()"

and

"MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MuMech.GLUtils.DrawMapViewGroundMarker'.
  at RenderingManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

Edited by DerekL1963

Hi all.

I'm using Stock resource scanning for the first time in conjunction with UKS and I'm running into a problem I haven't seen described elsewhere. When I "Perform Orbital Survey" I don't get any complaints, and my antenna dutifully transmits without running out of electricity. However, nothing else happens. I can't access the resource overlays (no data), the SCANsat big map doesn't show any resource information, and SCANsat status window showing the LAT, LON and current altitude all says NO DATA for all resources. I've jumped across to a Satellite with a Planetary Survey Camera and it's UI still complains that an Orbital Survey needs to be done. I'm not sure, but I get the impression I'm supposed to see a "Orbital Survey Complete" message after my antenna stops sending. 

I can repeat the scan as many times as I like, without any change. 

I'm using a M700 at 150 km (at 90 degrees inclination) above Kerbin. I see references to requiring a narrow band scanner, but my understanding is this is just for high resolution scans. 

When I turn the scansat overlays for Biome etc they all work great. 

I'm using a few mods, but not Science Alert. My version of SCANsat is v14.7.

can anyone point out a silly mistake I'm making, or can you suggest further information I might be able to provide?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by voidheart
adding inclination

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

How do I get the new resources in UKS (Gypsum and hydrates) to show up in SCANsat?

Edit: Actually, I think I may have it figured out.

SCANsat Wiki:wink:

Does anyone have a complete list of all the CRP planetary resources and which parts are used to scan for them? I don't particularly want to search through it all myself.

5 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Does anyone have a complete list of all the CRP planetary resources and which parts are used to scan for them? I don't particularly want to search through it all myself.

This is MKS/UKS I'm talking about. Anyway, seems like it's the Planetary Survey Camera that scans Gypsum and Hydrates, not sure. I was able to get the scanning to work though.

Don't know if dirt is supposed to be a scannable resource.

9 hours ago, smjjames said:

How do I get the new resources in UKS (Gypsum and hydrates) to show up in SCANsat?

Edit: Actually, I think I may have it figured out.

You could post a link for your own solution. It will be easier for others to find and also save some time for DMagic to inlude it in next SCANsat release. Help moders slightly so they can patch mods faster.

For new resources, it might be a good start to check MKS/OKS changelog. Also CRP changelog might also help.

Added Hydrates as a resource and also to the resource map (represents regolith with captive water)
Added Gypsum (an excellent raw material for fertilizer) as a resource and to the resource map
ExoticMinerals and RareMetals can now be directly harvested

Still need to checkout those in game, so I'm  not reliable source of recent changes.

14 hours ago, DMagic said:

CRP Planetary resource list

Dirt

Gypsum

Hydrates

Karbonite

Karborundum

MetallicOre

Minerals

RareMetals

Substrate

Uraninite

Water

ExoticMinerals       //thanks smjjames

i believe the Planetary Survey Camera scans them all (?)exept Karborundum + karbonite use KA_Scanner_01 but they already work

for KCS123

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72032-105-usi-kolonization-systems-mksoks-0331-planetary-logistics-and-kolony-rewards/&do=findComment&comment=2395836

Edited by BrutalRIP